Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kyphosis, or dowagers hump, any info needed

Default Kyphosis, or dowagers hump, any info needed

Kyphosis, is a possibility, but still being medically investigated. is there a group or info, or a doctor in town that specializes in shoulder, upper back and neck pain. I am not interested in Dr. Shamess injections, so are there any other options here?

Default Re: Kyphosis, or dowagers hump, any info needed

For the pain itself, have you investigated strengthening the muscles in the areas? I've heard of a lot of good results for back pain in that area. However, your ability to do that would of course depend on the final diagnosis, and what actually caused it in the first place. If I had the problem, I'd wait until diagnosis, and see a physiotherapist and see if they'd recommend exercise for strengthening. My great grandmother had it, with a sizeable hump, and I think it was due to arthritis and osteoporosis. Exercise likely would have done nothing for her. It did affect her ability to breathe dramatically, but she did live to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by totallywicked View Post
    Kyphosis, is a possibility, but still being medically investigated. is there a group or info, or a doctor in town that specializes in shoulder, upper back and neck pain. I am not interested in Dr. Shamess injections, so are there any other options here?
    YOU aren't interested?? Who has the problem??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    YOU aren't interested?? Who has the problem??
    I may have the problem. However, even if i was interested in Dr. Shamess's methods, and I am not saying they are bad, just that its not for me, he wouldn't treat me because I have vanwillbrand's which is a bleeding disorder. (He already told me that...lol) Not knocking his methods, just saying I don't want them. I went to him on a referral hoping that he had other alternatives to his injections, and he didn't.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information