Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVR Question

Default PVR Question

I'm curious if there's a way to record television shows without building a media center PC, or buying a PVR from Shaw. Is there an alternate method one can use with a certain player? or is that option tied to a cable provider?

Default Re: PVR Question

i have a dvd/pvr for sale if interested.pm me.

Top ten digital video recorder. I note one has a tuner. That would be handy, watch one, record another.:

http://dvr.about.com/od/dvrs/tp/toppicks2.htm
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

I have an LG 80 Gig Hard drive DVD recorder. I watch almost every thing off the hard drive now. It does a great job and is easy to use. The DVD recorder works good too.
    They have a 250 GB LG at Furtureshop right now for $299. I would recommend the bigger hard drive.

I'll tell you the same thing that I told DamianBlade. I don't have a cable box. I just have full cable ( for now. Once I decide move I'll get digital ). In order to use the PVR abilities, would I need to hook it up to a cable box? or could I simply plug my cable line into the recorder, and have another one from the recorder to the television?

I just have full cable. I put a splitter to my Recorder, but you can just put your cable into the Recorder and run another line into the TV. It works the same as a VCR hookup. You can watch other stuff from Cable while you record on the Hard Drive (or a dvd disk). You can also watch a DVD while you are recording a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormented_Soul View Post
    I'll tell you the same thing that I told DamianBlade. I don't have a cable box. I just have full cable ( for now. Once I decide move I'll get digital ). In order to use the PVR abilities, would I need to hook it up to a cable box? or could I simply plug my cable line into the recorder, and have another one from the recorder to the television?
    Does the recorder have a tuner?? That's what a cable box is.

Remember how a VCR used to hook up right to the cable??

Same thing.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

The LG Hard Drive & DVD Video Recorder has a Tuner. It is just like a VCR only you record on the hard drive to watch later (then delete) or record on a DVD disk.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information