Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hey 'Staples' techs ...

Default Re: Hey 'Staples' techs ...

Quote Originally Posted by cybolynx View Post
    i had a friend who worked at staples in the tech department ... what they told him was .. do certain things and thats it ... dont FIX the computer ... even tho thats what they are in there for ... he got fired for fixing things they didnt want him to fix ...

strange eh ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorex View Post
    It is because they have a work order. If a customer comes in complaining of Virus or Spyware issues, then they address that one issue, and no more.
    Now that's an interesting bit of information ... it makes perfect sense.

I still believe if someone went in knowing they had virus issues then the machine should be free of any virus when they get it back, the ones I see are still being returned infected. I can imagine that there are some people there who know something else is wrong with these machines but unfortunately can't fix it as it may be "out of the scope" of the original work order.
    Last edited by Scoff; 07-16-2010 at 07:19 PM.

That does not make sense to me at all.
    It's not because a customer says it has a virus on it, it has. That's where the tech comes in and inspects the machine, determines the problem(s) and makes the repair(s) as required, staying within the scope of the warranty/repair contract.
    You don't make work orders specifying repairs without ensuring you know exactly what's wrong with it...
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

wanna hear a real good one? after purchasing my 3rd computer from future shop last year..(one for each kid and one for gramma), i had mother board on my pc go south. went into future shop and purchased a relatively good tower for $900. buddy asks if i would like it set up for i think $100. remember this is my 4th purchase in 2 years. i had the afternoon to kill so i decided i would install my own operating system.
    OPERATING SYSTEM IS ALREADY PRELOADED INTO THE COMPUTER....WHAT THE HELL DID I PAY SETUP FEES ON THE PREVIOUS COMPUTERS FOR??????
    i took my tower home (not setup) plugged it in and immediatly started to use it...
    once bitten twice shy?? how about 3 times bitten? man did that ever frost my nuts! and make me feel like a sucker!

Quote Originally Posted by NewCasa View Post
    ....When we tried to get this through the manager's head, he said we should take the thing to MicroAge - even though it was bought at Staple's. ..... Then they send us somewhere else?
    .....As for Staples, when you buy a computer somewhere and they send you to a competitor to get it fixed after sweeping the issues under the carpet for 8 months or so you know pretty much where you should have dealt in the first place.
    Some of the computers sold at Staples (I know it with Toshiba for sure) have the regular warranty work done Microage, ... they tell you this when you buy it (or at least they informed me of this). If you purchase the extended or upgrade warranty you do not have to take it anywhere, just bring it into Staples and they will look after it (once again, I was told this on my purchase). So really, you should have know this prior to your problems and not have been surprised by it.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

For a local church, bought a computer form the "S" store with a dual output video card. It would NOT work, in spite of five trips back, each time them saying it works fine.

Got the money back.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Oh OU812 ... how disappointing, I'd be pissed for sure if I knew I was taken hook, line & sinker like that.

Just remember, "Eggs" or myself are a phone call away ... any kind of question, any kind of problem, just fire it off. You usually do text too so that's even better.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    Some of the computers sold at Staples (I know it with Toshiba for sure) have the regular warranty work done Microage, ... they tell you this when you buy it (or at least they informed me of this). If you purchase the extended or upgrade warranty you do not have to take it anywhere, just bring it into Staples and they will look after it (once again, I was told this on my purchase). So really, you should have know this prior to your problems and not have been surprised by it.
    Sorry pal, nobody told us that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Apple has been successful at marketing a mystique about Apple that has had users in denial about Apple problems.. but lately I have begun to hear horror stories.. the mystique is fading. I DO have an Iphone and would not trade it for a blackberry.. but I am sure I would if I had had your experience.
    People were making fun of me because I have an antivirus on my Mac. Till a few Mac friends obtain a virus... who laughing now.
    PC - I'm using Avast! and Malewarebyte
    Apple - Sophos.

Dixie, for once I agree with you. My friend has taken her computer in there 6 times now because it is continually dropping the wifi network. They say they cannot duplicate the problem so they cannot do anything for her. So she takes her laptop home and it drops the network every 30 seconds or so. Same thing at Steamy Bean, same thing at work, same thing everywhere else except Staples. When we tried to get this through the manager's head, he said we should take the thing to MicroAge - even though it was bought at Staple's. Six months she puts up with this BS and they say THEY are frustrated? Then they send us somewhere else? Damn straight we'll be going somewhere else!

If anyone can help my friend out it would sure be appreciated. This is not a 'try this' request - we need someone who isn't afraid to try to fix the thing hands on. Neither of us has the time, patience or knowledge at this point to sort out the issues.
    well if she has an HP laptop, then i would recommend buying a different brand of laptop
    *Foxconn X38a * Core2Quad * 8GB DDR2 * ATI 3870 512mbx2 * Razer Barracuda* 2TB Sata2 * Lian Li A16

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by Verotik View Post
    well if she has an HP laptop, then i would recommend buying a different brand of laptop
    It was a Toshiba.

Is this not considered business bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Is this not considered business bashing?
    I guess it depends on what business is under the microscope.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Well, Juggs, since you've now bumped up a thread that had it's last post made in February, I would say you've contributed to the alleged bashing.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Like going into a icecream parlour and ordering a sirloin overeasy.
    That's what she said !

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    WIC been replaced?

Firewall installed?

Feel confident opening up the case and checking the antennae?

Staples probably didn't want to have to buy a WIC from microage and install it, so they just tell your friend that she's crazy :P

9 times outta 10 that's yer problem tho... WIC...
    This isssue is a few years old, and seems like it was allready resolved... smoke some more lol
    Core I3 540 - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ - 2x2gb Corsair XMS3 - XFX HD6870 - A-Data 32gb ssd + 2 tb hdd - Silverstone 650 watt modular PSU - Thermaltake Xaser III

Thanks guys! I am trying to decide where to buy a computer or laptop from. Because of all the negative comments about the Staples techs, I have decided against Staples!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information