Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ps3 bluray drive.

Default Re: ps3 bluray drive.

its not hard all u need is a program called PS3 media server and this will allow u to stream any pics music or movies from your desktop or laptop over either wireless or wired connection and will play just about any file extension for media. i have both my PS3's connected thru this and they run flawless even at 1080p or 1080i

Do you just download to your laptop? Do you know if it's possible to transfer files and saved games from one PS3 to another?
    Racing is not a sport, it's a lifestyle.

yeah you just download the program PS3 media server get the newest one then install it there is no setup or anything then u just have to set up which folders to watch and then enable media sharing on the ps3 the program will automatically recognize it and then scroll thru the xmb on your ps3 to either movies or music or photos and watch, listen or look its really easy. As for transferring saves from one ps3 to the other no that all u have to do is use a pen drive and scroll to the ps3 saves that u want and press triangle, then press copy and choose the pen drive then pretty much reverse that on the new one or u can go to setting then system setting and down to data transfer utility and transfer from one ps3 to the other thru Ethernet cable. if u need more help just message me

Does it have to be ethernet or can you use USB? Does it transfer profiles as well? Does that program work with an external HD as well? I have an old laptop HD in a Sata case I'm using.

data transfer is down from PS3 to PS3 thru ethernet cable, no profile are done when you re sign up to network on the new ps3, not sure about the external never tried

Thanks! I got it call taken care of last night! I'll have to try that program now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information