Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kiss rocked the house!!!!

Default Kiss rocked the house!!!!

wow, i thought kiss delivered huge! i go to concerts for the stage show and that was THE show. i was in box 1 right beside the stage. the pyro was right in my face. the band was as close as 20 ft away and the beer was cold!!! sound was good but considering we were behind the front of house speakers i would say we were lucky it was that good.
    garden of bedlam did a great job and was well received by the audience. atta boy!!! i hope this opens some doors for those guys.
    took my wife and 11 year old son. of coarse the 16 year old was too cool to go see kiss. i would pay 5 times that price to see that same expression on my sons face again.
    i can't believe city councilor susan meyers was against this concert. the negative press the sault received internationally over that was sad. and it was hands down the most p.g. rated concert i have ever seen. i think we can all learn from this. don't condemn something you know nothing about.

Banned

Default Re: Kiss rocked the house!!!!

I haven't heard anything yet about this, nobody talking at work, nothing. Definitely nothing like the buzz after Elton John or even 'Heaven and Hell' and Megadeth.

I see only soonetters talking about it, seriously haven't heard a word otherwise. Soonetters all agree they rocked though.
    Last edited by Dillio; 08-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    ... i can't believe city councilor susan meyers was against this concert. ...
    And it's too bad you believe everything you read in the local press.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

looks like mctv news was only interested in hilighting the one assault charge that was laid. saw lots of cameras and video equipment there.....oh well.
    sound bear, i believe i read it in more than one article locally and was it also mentioned in a international music magazine as well mocking the statements that were made? at some point you have to believe that it was based on truth.....no? if you know different ...please share.
    Last edited by OU812; 08-13-2010 at 07:54 AM.

I've done this before with various people who get negative press.

I went and talked to her, and got "the rest of the story".

Try it.

Banned

Wow, really helpful Soundbear.

Ignore this guy J ...

No need to get the rest of the story, she was against it and she confirmed the same thing. So either shed some light on the subject in a mature and intellectual way or keep your two cents to yourself.

Try it.

JA: I was going to tell you before he even responded to not bother, I've seen this several times from this guy. Pointless replies & comments from him are pretty common.

I've been all teeth since the show. What an awesome experience on every level. With all the screens in place, not a bad seat in the house. Even if you didn't care for Kiss musically, the stage show was more than enough to keep you entertained. This and the other "big" names that have visited the Soo recently is a great breath of fresh air for the Soo. Bedlam put on a great performance & definetely had the "hometown" support from the audience. My only complaint, if I can call it that, was the absence of Bedlam T-shirts. It was my hope to buy & wear proudly. I think they'd have made a $$ killing.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy.2007 View Post
    I've been all teeth since the show. What an awesome experience on every level. With all the screens in place, not a bad seat in the house. Even if you didn't care for Kiss musically, the stage show was more than enough to keep you entertained. This and the other "big" names that have visited the Soo recently is a great breath of fresh air for the Soo. Bedlam put on a great performance & definetely had the "hometown" support from the audience. My only complaint, if I can call it that, was the absence of Bedlam T-shirts. It was my hope to buy & wear proudly. I think they'd have made a $$ killing.
    Best comment yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillio View Post
    ....No need to get the rest of the story, she was against it and she confirmed the same thing. ..
    Thanks for today's laugh!!! To hell with the truth, I believe the tabloids!!!

BTW, note this: "looks like mctv news was only interested in hilighting the one assault charge that was laid. saw lots of cameras and video equipment there.....oh well."

Take a hint, and realize what the media is all about.

willy! right on! i agree 100% . hope this opens doors to other big acts. travelling to other cities has always been a part of life in the sault if you wanted to see big acts in the past. nice to get a break from travelling this time and only drive 4 kms to see kiss. the absense of travel made the ticket price more than reasonable. at least that's the way i look at it.

One of the things we all have to respect from this band, they give 100%. they didnt hold back, they didnt do anything different then they would playing in front of 90 000 ppl. When Gene says they give you more value for your buck, they mean it. when you pay $100 bucks + for a ticket, you want to get your moneys worth, if I pay $100 for a ticket, I dont want to see 4 guys stand on stage looking like they are bored. This was my 14th KISS concert, and Sept 11 will be my 15th, And I am very sure they will give a very big tribute because it is SEpt 11th. I am glad you all enjoyed the show. And tell your kid that he missed out on the best rock concert he will ever see. My gfs lil cousin (age 14) went and she she didnt even know any of the music, after the show, she kept saying wow, wow, wow. Her other cousin (13) couldnt get the smile off his face, he was singing along to every song. Her other cousin told me years ago she hated KISS, but she was singing and dancing to every song. and I am sure she will go see them again. Road trip next year We will definatly be talked about as being the smallest crowd they have played at in awhile, but they will remember that how loud the crowd was for awhile.

Good times everyone (cant wait till all the haters follow me to this thread to bash the show lol)
    Copyright© 2016. Reproduction of this Post in part or whole is prohibited

Banned
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by italiandomino View Post
    One of the things we all have to respect from this band, they give 100%.
    Multipy anything by zero and you get zero, therefore 100x0=0.
    ...I'm just saying!

I predicted right thanks for proving my point

Banned

You spewed a bunch of fluff....you expect anyone to swallow it?
    Good luck!
    I ain't bashing the show, I wasn't there.
    Ha, Ha, Ha...proved my point...you're on a forum, this is how it works.
    You don't want people to comment on what you think?
    ....keep it to yourself!

you talking about fluff is kinda creepy LOL but considering you made no point at all .. ever .. no credibiltiy ever .. but i appreicate you care enough to post on all my comments I am on your mind that is all that matters

Banned

I give a rats as s who said it, don't flatter yourself.
    And, I don't post on all your comments.
    Annnnd, I don't care what you think, it's for the others.
    It's about getting it right...think of the children!

????? didn't understand any of this jack. what gives? you didn't see the show , but you didn't like the show? i'm not even a kiss fan and i agree with domino and willy. outstanding show. there wasn't a bad word uttered from them or anything sexually explicit. like i said ....i don't understand . please explain.

it is ok OU812, he has no credibility with anything. dont wait up for an explaination, he wont give you a straight answer. Waste of time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    ????? didn't understand any of this jack. what gives? you didn't see the show , but you didn't like the show? i'm not even a kiss fan and i agree with domino and willy. outstanding show. there wasn't a bad word uttered from them or anything sexually explicit. like i said ....i don't understand . please explain.
    I didn't like the post.
    IMO kiss was a waste of money.
    If someone reads that post and believes it, I'm here to correct things.
    Opinions are like farts, they stink unless they are yours.
    Kiss sucks....that is a straight answer.
    Ahhhh, I feel better....maybe save another one.
    Ha, Ha, Ha....like I said, think of the children!

Quote Originally Posted by JackButler View Post
    I didn't like the post.
    IMO kiss was a waste of money.
    If someone reads that post and believes it, I'm here to correct things.
    Opinions are like farts, they stink unless they are yours.
    Kiss sucks....that is a straight answer.
    Ahhhh, I feel better....maybe save another one.
    Ha, Ha, Ha....like I said, think of the children!
    your opinion does smell like arse

you didnt pay for a ticket so why worry about what others do LOL .. makes no sense, but again this is coming from a guy that has never sold a record in his life LOL

like i said .. no credibility

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information