Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Don't Forget Your Snow Tires

Default Re: Don't Forget Your Snow Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I used to think snow tires were a waste of money, until I actually tried them. The difference was quite surprising.

Experience and common sense does count for a lot, but neither will help you stop faster when some jacka** cuts you off - or when a kid runs out from behind a snowbank or parked car.
    Good point Shaggy. They can prove to be helpful in times of the unexpected.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

If anyone wants to help out with the $600 for a set of winter tires for me, feel free lol Otherwise, I'll stick with my all season...I can only afford one set for my stupid little car.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

i just got a set of firestone winterforces studded for 420$ shipped from tirerack.com.. 360 for tires, 60 for studs

17'' tires

Unfortunately, my car has factory stocked tires and rims still. They're 15" 185/55's. I can only get them from the dealership and the cheapest is $150/tire. For the life of me, I don't know why an Aveo needs low profile tires and big rims?!

Even that tirerack.com website has them for $103 each. Then I'd have to have them shipped and installed. Just not worth it. The whole damn car isn't worth it lol
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Jst4u View Post
    Unfortunately, my car has factory stocked tires and rims still. They're 15" 185/55's. I can only get them from the dealership and the cheapest is $150/tire. For the life of me, I don't know why an Aveo needs low profile tires and big rims?!

Even that tirerack.com website has them for $103 each. Then I'd have to have them shipped and installed. Just not worth it. The whole damn car isn't worth it lol
    Upsize one size. Put a 185/60R15 on it. You can get a good decent winter tire for like 80 bucks.
    It's a Ford thing, you wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ADD View Post
    i just got a set of firestone winterforces studded for 420$ shipped from tirerack.com.. 360 for tires, 60 for studs

17'' tires
    Those are what I run on my car, minus the studs. I was going to stud them but never had the time to do it before I put them on. One of the best tires out there if I may say so myself.
    It's a Ford thing, you wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by DM46 View Post
    Upsize one size. Put a 185/60R15 on it. You can get a good decent winter tire for like 80 bucks.
    I'd need new rims. And/or 4 new tires...in which case it would have cost me the same as two new 185/55's.

I was going to buy tries at Total tire I need Lt235-75-15 or p235-75-15 and I got a price of 456.00 not bad but I have to wait a while for the extra cash. They where 94.00 a tires Hurcules tires. I have always got my new tires from them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information