Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is the newer Xbox 360 backwards compatible with the xbox games ?

Default Is the newer Xbox 360 backwards compatible with the xbox games ?

Was wondering if it was still backwards compatible? Also if it is not what would be a better route to take for a 9 year old a Xbox 360 or PS3? which has more and better games for someone his age? There will be no online gameing involved.

Default Re: Is the newer Xbox 360 backwards compatible with the xbox games ?

We've got both, but IMO the XBOX360 for a 9 year old is the way to go. Especially if you throw in the Kinect thingy. All 3 of our kids (15, 14, & 8) are loving that thing. Just make sure you have room to move! You want your kids to get active with the winter months coming on, this is the way to go, plus it's hilarious to watch them have so much fun!

We've had the 360 since it came out and the boys to this day prefer it over the PS3. They do play the PS3 for some games, but overall they like the 360.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

Thanks Xzavia I took your advice and got the 360, now i am trying to find a HDMI cable for it to hook it up as my TV has spare ports of that open so i thought it would be better.

You can find an HDMI cable at almost any electronic store. Just buy the cheapest one there is. There really isnt a difference in the quality when it comes to HDMI cables.
    <insert witty comment here>

Canadian13 is it just a regular HDMI cable i'm looking for or does it have a special end to connect to the xbox 360?

Please do not buy from futureshop or any big electronic store, if you can order online get 1 from amazon like this one
    http://www.amazon.ca/Gold-Plated-Hig...0042026&sr=8-4

Or go to red apple in wellington square mall they have some for like 8 bucks last time I was there.

Just don't support paying 100+ dollars for an HDMI cable they are a digital signal so it doesn't matter what cable you have it either works or it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerP View Post
    Please do not buy from futureshop or any big electronic store, if you can order online get 1 from amazon like this one
    http://www.amazon.ca/Gold-Plated-Hig...0042026&sr=8-4

Or go to red apple in wellington square mall they have some for like 8 bucks last time I was there.

Just don't support paying 100+ dollars for an HDMI cable they are a digital signal so it doesn't matter what cable you have it either works or it won't.
    +1
    Ive got 5 or 6 of those 8 dollar cables from red apple and noticed zero difference between them or any other hdmi cable ive got. Great buy I think
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

Quote Originally Posted by BAILEYDOG View Post
    Canadian13 is it just a regular HDMI cable i'm looking for or does it have a special end to connect to the xbox 360?
    Doesnt matter. The XBOX doesnt require a special HDMI cable.
    <insert witty comment here>

ok thanks everyone, i will look for one. Trust me I would never buy an expensive one if i didnt need to, thought it had a special end to connect to it thats all.

Goto eb games and pick up the standard HDMI made by intec I think... Its only 20 bucks and I havent had a problem with mine for over 2 years now.

ok got everything ready for christmas. Can anyone give me recomendations for games for a nine year old boy? older decent games that i can pick up used preferrably.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information