Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: why is there no city plows

Default Re: why is there no city plows

Exactly!

I guess when each guy who snow plows has to do 29 miles each. You are pretty tired to start over.

Ya that night it was not bad till after 4am... I was out and about till then, when I got home I could still see my tracks from when I left at 11. Next morning when I woke up I looked out and could not believe how much had come down. It had snowed between 11 and 4, but it was probably not big fluffy flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    I guess when each guy who snow plows has to do 29 miles each. You are pretty tired to start over.
    maybe they should buy an energy drink then so they can get'r done
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Senior Member Blue Lotus Rising's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ya that night it was not bad till after 4am... I was out and about till then, when I got home I could still see my tracks from when I left at 11. Next morning when I woke up I looked out and could not believe how much had come down. It had snowed between 11 and 4, but it was probably not big fluffy flakes.
    It was really coming down in the West end starting around 8pm that nite. It was quite evident at that time that the roads needed to be addressed around here. I saw people sliding through the stop sign at the end on our road and not a truck was in sight until morning.
    All that spirits desire, spirits attain.

~Kahlil Gibran~

Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA View Post
    By surprise?? There were warnings all day! There is no excuse for the city's lack of preparation. I mean come on now, we live in the north!! If the city can't prepare for a little snow squall what the hell are they going to do when something major happens?

Preparation? Are you serious? What do you expect them to do, stop the snow from falling? They can't do anything effective until it STOPS! Be realistic.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

what could they do? let's see....... 1) make sure all the plows are ready to go. 2) call the plow guys and let them know, hey it's supposed to snow like nuts tonight so get some rest now incase you get called into work tonight 3)have enough guys in their crew to pull off the job 4)call guys into work when the snow has been flying for a bit, BEFORE it gets to the point where they are unable to keep up because they waited too long to start working 5)have a plan mapped out so each of the guys does an area and all parts of town can get done within a reasonable amount of time 6)have extra guys available to call in incase some did not listen to the warning about getting rest during the day and get tired.
    it's not like they haven't dealt with it before within a much more reasonable time frame. whoever was running the show dropped the ball on this one. there's times when the plows are going by every hour or two so why can't they do it when it's needed now? bad planning, i'd guess. they knew the snow was coming and obviously there is no way to stop it so the next best thing would be to have all the trucks and all the guys out there working on it which they obviously didn't do or they'd have been able to work alot faster.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Quote Originally Posted by mboy67 View Post
    don't forget but they are on last years snow budget and it might be almost gone meaning they are stretching to the new year.
    The City is usually pretty good at keeping our roads and sidewalks clear, but mboy's explanation makes most sense. Last winter was pretty mild, but that didn't stop the maintenance crews from sanding bare pavement in March.

In their effort to waste our tax money as much as possible to avoid a budget cut for 2011, the City over-compensated.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

IMHO

What do all these city employees do IF it never were to snow? In the summer they are kept busy with road repairs(LOL), washing our streets after a rain, cutting grass on city property etc....you get my drift !! As a taxpayer I expect then that come winter there surely are enough employees to PLOW the roads. Where are all these workers and what are they doing when it is not snowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    Preparation? Are you serious? What do you expect them to do, stop the snow from falling? They can't do anything effective until it STOPS! Be realistic.
    That's not true. When we have a snow situation where it is coming down heavy for 24 hours or more, they get out in front of it and keep it from building to high levels. They don't necessarily wait until it stops, or the city would stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    My expectations are just as realistic as the decision to raise my property taxes.

In that box on the corner ...i have a laptop jacked into your house

well on north st they just dont stop plowing ... as i waited for the plow to go buy b4 i shoveled and as soon as i finish another plow goes by and dumps another load ... so i wait till it stops snowing again and another plow dumps in my driveway ... so now i push the stuff they dump back onto the road for them to take away .. lmfao
    The world is so beautiful i hurt.
    If you look closely, you can see beauty in everything.

They do my street as soon as the snow falls. Sometimes see the plow twice to make it doesn't get too much.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information