Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New fur baby!!!

Default New fur baby!!!

We adopted a new baby today from TAAG! His name is Barry, he is a tank but he is awesome! He fits right in!!!!! We are very happy It was a very hard decision, so many gorgeous animals to choose from, but we made a great choice!!
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Default Re: New fur baby!!!

Ummm, pictures?
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

I dont know how
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

BARRY

BARRY and MIKEY
    neutering stops the need for euthanizing

Ooh thanks magic mushroom!!

oh im so happy!!! you got barry, he is a hoot. very affectionate, easy going - a great guy. i was just loving him up last nite as i did my duties there. yea barrry!!!!!

He is the sweetest thing!!! My son is a terror (2 yrs old) and Barry jumped up with him at bedtime and curled up next to him and stayed there, been about 1/2 hour and hes still chilling out. He is so funny. My other cat is about 10 months and skinny skinny (going to be huge like Barry though) and he keeps trying to put Barry in his place and Barry just keeps looking at him like "are you done yet?" he's awesome. Couldn't be happier, although I fell in love with quite a few of them, oreo, henry, ice, studley, blue (who I rescued and brought there) and quite a few more. Kudos to you for the job you do. I wanted to cry all the way home because my heart was broken for only choosing one

awe, that is so nice. hes a cool guy. i dont know what id do if i actually had to pick one or two of them. i really do love them all. some stand out more than others, but i do love them. im not sad for them though because they have their 2nd, 3rd chance at life and a pretty good life while they are waiting for their real home.

(they arent in cages all the time, there is time out every day that they all run around like crazy)

Well it was a pretty sleepless night with Barry. He was constantly waking us up. Now that its day he will not stop jumping on us and running after us and meowing. Not sure what the issue is. Its kinda past just wanting attention I think. He seriously would not allow us to sleep. He also now has diarrhea, so I have to watch that too. Wish me luck! Hes an awesome guy and I fix what ever the heck is going on but he seems like he has some issues!

Hm, he also damned near knocks me over to get whatever I am eating like he has never eaten before...I think a vet visit may be in order. joy oh joy!!!!

Well, I talked to Cheryl at TAAG and she said the diarrhea is probably from stress and to put pedialite in his water, and that his incessant meowing is probably because he's been at the shelter for over a year and this is first constant contact with people. I am going to try the pedialite thing and give him some time before taking him. Here's hoping the poor guy starts getting comfy!!!

He was less irritating last night, he stayed wrapped around my head for most of the night but that I can handle, at least he wasn't keeping us awake. He is a little less needy today, but he still has the runs which have now extended to the rest of the house rather than just in the litter box. Going to get him so pedialite today in hopes that this behaviour stops. I am also getting some ear mite drops because it looks like he might have those as well.

Well looks as though he has upper respiratory now too. Going to get some meds for Barry this weekend from TAAG. -sigh- lucky I already love the little critter!!!!!!

Looks, like Barry is going back to TAAG, we love him to death but he's crapping everywhere but the litter box, and on purpose. I caught him 3 times this morning alone scatching at a spot and squatting to poop. All times I brought him to the box and he left and crapped on my brand new bed sheets. The box is clean, just cleaned it last night. Brand new litter AND TAAG recommended I get him a covered box, which I have and he still is doing it. God, why can't he just be good! We all fell in love with the little bugger. I am lost as to what else to do. Upper respiratory and crapping on everything. Not a good combo.

maybe feed him the same as taag was. hopefully he's ok
    That's what she said !

was he sick when u got home , show any signs of a cold or anything?
    taag was under quarantine for a few weeks and may have caught it from the other cats.
    That's what she said !

He was, and that is why TAAG offered to help me with the meds. I didn't know that when I got him. If you read the above, that is the order and time that everything started to happen. However, this is past just not eating the right food and "being stressed" as TAAG told me that diarrhea happens for that reason . I bring him to the litter box after I watch him scratching at the floor/bed/couch etc. and squatting, then he leaves the litter box, looks right at me and craps on things. So far, my sons bed, my bed, the couch, the cat perch, the floor and my area rug have been crapped on and purposely.

I am sorry to hear Barry is not adjusting. He wasn't dirty like that at the shelter. I know he needed a covered box because he over shot the box.
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

He was doing that here too, and we could handle that. I was ok with him crapping elsewhere when he just had diarrhea as well, but now that he is doing it on purpose I dont know what to do. He is playing with us, sleeping with the kids, best friends already with my other cat Mikey, purring, affectionate, eating and drinking well, but this pooping is just nuts! I dont get it, I feel that he is very well adjusted I dont get it! I have been crying all morning. I dont him to go...but I dont think I have a choice. I called Cheryl at TAAG but got no answer. Just waiting for a call back to figure things out

oh no! that is terrible. i wonder what is going on in his head?! usually they are trying to tell you something, but what on earth that could be?

and barry wasnt sick that i knew of, but any of the cats can get it at any time, and stress will bring it out. im so sorry that it isnt working out for you guys, and for barry. its not fun when you have a bad experience like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information