Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New fur baby!!!

Default Re: New fur baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by totallywicked View Post
    Dragonfly, the message I was sending was not for you, but for the readers of the blog. Sometimes people only see what they want to see, when they read blogs. I was speaking in general, because, many people who have no experience in dealing with shelters, don't always realize the dynamics that play in a shelter life for an animal. To people who volunteer or work at shelters, what I stated was common sense. To people who have had no exposure to shelters, it gives them some insite on the care and process of adopting a pet from a shelter.

I am pleased you returned Barry to us, and even happier that you are enjoying your experience with ice. My post was to educate the readers, not criticize you.

take care
    I figured that was what you meant but I just wanted to clarify myself just in case. Ice is doing quite wonderful and I sure hope Barry is too!
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Sorry it took me so long...
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. *Dr Seuss*

hes beautiful
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. *Dr Seuss*

might be a good idea for him to have his own litter box....just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Looks, like Barry is going back to TAAG, we love him to death but he's crapping everywhere but the litter box, and on purpose. I caught him 3 times this morning alone scatching at a spot and squatting to poop. All times I brought him to the box and he left and crapped on my brand new bed sheets. The box is clean, just cleaned it last night. Brand new litter AND TAAG recommended I get him a covered box, which I have and he still is doing it. God, why can't he just be good! We all fell in love with the little bugger. I am lost as to what else to do. Upper respiratory and crapping on everything. Not a good combo.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

Quote Originally Posted by bohd View Post
    might be a good idea for him to have his own litter box....just a thought
    I forgot to mention that we tried that as well
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

He is beautiful....I can only wonder why his original owners didn't want him or didn't take care of him. Well at least he has a good home now and he is a beautl, or I should say HANDSOME
    MagicFingers

He is a biiig boy that's for sure. He is not very cuddly like my Mikey but hes super friendly. He's a sweetheart. My fiance wants to change his name from Ice to Ike so that we can have "Mike and Ike" for cats haha

im glad to hear ice is doing well. he is a nice guy too. im so sorry it didnt work out with barry, he is so affectionate.

Yeah, Ice is a great fit. Its too bad Barry is going to be a barn cat, he does have so much love and affection to give. Hopefully he can go where he will still get lots of attention.

Not all barn cats are ferril or don't get attention. I know you aren't saying that but I know you are concerned about it. Just to let you know my cousins have a ranch and they have a ton of horses.....well they have barn cats but they are always in the stables in the stable offices they come and go love attention and get plenty of it from my family members, to the riders, to the people who board their horses so they do get lots of attention. They can come and go out of the barn where it is warm, they have access to plenty of food and water. Some people have this perception that all barn cats are feril or wild and don't get attention and that isn't really true. Hopefully Barry will find a barn home much like that one.
    MagicFingers

Oh of course there are some that he will get attention from and I really hope he goes to the one of those places he deserves it.

i was just thinking the same thing. we have sent several of our 'problem' cats to some barns and they are leading great lives! a couple of the barns are communal stables for horses and everyone just loves the cats and they have done really well.

there are some cats that just arent suited to living in a home. but the barns arent bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    i was just thinking the same thing. we have sent several of our 'problem' cats to some barns and they are leading great lives! a couple of the barns are communal stables for horses and everyone just loves the cats and they have done really well.

there are some cats that just arent suited to living in a home. but the barns arent bad at all!
    That makes me happy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information