Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pre peeled garlic

IMHO

Cool pre peeled garlic

I was able to buy this great already peeled garlic at FOOD BASICS on Pine STreet but they no longer carry it. It is a time saver and i am wondering if anyone knows somewhere in town this product is still available.

Default Re: pre peeled garlic

if there is none by the produce, check the international food aisle

just finished my first cup of coffee. If you meant fresh peeled garlic, I have not seen any there, but then again I haven't looked for it

The dollar store used to sell peeled garlic - came in a small narrow jar filled with water I guess

they sell it at Food Basics on Trunk Road. I buy it all the time and it's near the nuts on the end of the shelf. Great time saver eh.

IMHO

Thanks...I wish the other food basics carried it...the store is way closer but this garlic is worth the trip.

I buy it pre-peeled as well. I also but jars of garlic already minced. Super huge time saver.

If you want fresh and can't find it already peeled, just partially crush the clove with the side of a large knife. The peel comes right off without the picking and fussing.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

ok...I am getting confused now - doesn't pre peeled mean with the skin on - is the person looking for that or garlic that is already peeled?

I don't touch the peeled garlic that comes in a bag because it's processed in China. Who knows what chemicals they use to remove the skins and since it was processed in China and then boated over it's not fresh.

Most of the unpeeled garlic sold in grocery stores is also from China, but at least its fresh and not processed.

That would be the bright white cloves in the bag. They are cheaper but I avoid it. I buy it by the pound and it's grown in the USA or at least it's labeled that it is.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

If you get a good garlic press, like a pampered chef one, you don't even have to peel them. I just pop a whole clove in the press, give it a squeeze, and all the garlic comes out. Plus, with th skin on, it makes an easier time of cleaning out the press afterward.
    I am not merely a mass of molecules, incoherently careening through time and space. I am a child of God, destined for another world, a world before which this one pales in significance. Our spiritual preparation for the next world is to be the priority of this life.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information