Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pray for my dog :(

Default Re: Pray for my dog :(

nope, shoving em down her throat is literally the only way to ensure they get there. One of my girls can find a pill in a pot full of kraft dinner! She'd eat every noodle, but the pill would be intact in the bottom of the pot. Pain in the ass. lol
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. *Dr Seuss*

I always massaged my dogs throat to make her swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Friggin rib bones!!! I had a rib bone surgically removed from the stomach of one of our puppies. This was a few yrs back, he was only 12 weeks old when this happened. He found it outside and swallowed it whole. :S
    OUCH! Poor boy, I felt so bad when they told me that it was bones, and that it was recent becasue I gave her rib bones the day prior. Freaking pups, they'll get into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    nope, shoving em down her throat is literally the only way to ensure they get there. One of my girls can find a pill in a pot full of kraft dinner! She'd eat every noodle, but the pill would be intact in the bottom of the pot. Pain in the ass. lol
    I can't believe how she'd always find it. I had to put it in some havarti cheese and jsut mold it around it. I miss yesterday when she was so drugged up and starving that she'd eat anything.

I tired doing it nicely but she'd jsut squirm and kick. She wouldnt budge, I hate to imagine trying to do this to a larger dog.

Glad the pooch is ok
    Now do not ever give your pup another bone..lol
    Bones are very very bad for dogs. Well you now know that

Glad everything worked out, and im not lecturing or insulting you.

what about raw bones? i give my guys (well, only one guy now) raw soup knuckes and they love them. i think/thought it was the cooked bones that would splinter so badly? but id hate to have them go through something terrible because i thought it was a treat.

I used to buy big knuckle bones from the butcher shop on Northern Ave. They sold them 10 to a bag. Dogs can't possibly swallow them. I would freeze the rest........then when the first bone was finished being chewed. I would defrost another one. This dog was a Cairn Terrier and you would be surprised how many people buy these big knuckle bones.

If you have to stuff the pill down her throat, stand behind her, lift her chin and open her mouth.. Slip the pill in on one side or the other -- down past the back of the tounge. Hold her mouth closed for a few seconds -and if necessary rub her throat.

I have to give my boy 9 pills a day, every day so I'm pretty damm good at it at this point. I'm able to slip the 3 1/2 into his food "usually" but he has to have his Thyroid pill 2 hours after food. I've found lately that "Snausages" are great for slipping the last pill into. I can stuff it in the centre of it and he eats it without notice...
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information