Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So tired all the time!

Default So tired all the time!

My son is a year old....I am doing daycare with another 1 year old....I take iron pills, but I feel soooo tired all the time. I go to bed between 930-1030 at night and I am up at 7am is it just not enough sleep? I just want to curl up and sleep sleep sleep. right now the kids are napping and I want to nap to but I just don't have time for it. I do test my blood sugars so that is not it because they are in the normal range.
    MagicFingers

Default Re: So tired all the time!

I have a friend who takes some kind of B vitamin to help with this. I have severe anemia myself and I have had to have my dosage adjusted quite a few times, it could be just that you need more. I would talk to you doctor and see what you can do for it
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

you should see your Dr. to get a correct diagnosis. If you wake up feeling tired there is something wrong. Sometimes it could be a thyroid problem, B12 deficiencey, S.A.D. or just plain tired out.

my little guy goes to the doc on Friday so I will ask for soem blood work and see what happens. As for S.A.D. I usually suffer from this earlier in the season usually between Late oct to early november to the end of Jan and this year it never really hit, But usually when it does it I am usually starting on my way up at this point right now I feel really down. And it doesn't feel like a depression I have suffered that before and been on meds for it before. It feels more like pure exhaustion. I am not really depressed as I am so happy since I quit my job and started my own daycare. I am home with my little guy and the anxiety of having to go back to work has lifted. But I am going to get this checked out. Well it is 10pm so I should get going to bed.
    MagicFingers

got an appointment for tomorrow. Today I feel crappier than I have all week. I had baked fish for lunch, skipped breaky and been drinking lots of water....Hopefully he sends me for some tests tomorrow. the daycare kids are napping and i feel like curling up in front of the fireplace myself.
    MagicFingers

i hope you get some results that you can work with to feel better! i know how it feels to be so tired.

I really feel for you Magic. I have low vit b12, and primary para-hyperthyroidism. Both of these things come with some major fatigue. It's not fun. I hope you get some answers.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    theres a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Maybe you're pregnant...

Just teasing. Hope you can get some answers.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

I was hoping I was pregnant but Im not.....I go on friday for some blood tests. I have also gotten a better iron pill and increased the dose as I know my iron in low, it is always low. And my little man and I are headed for Florida on Tuesday for 10 days. Daddy can't go but grammy and Poppy are waiting for us there.
    MagicFingers

Ive been feeling really super tired since mid. January also...I'll start falling asleep on the couch by 9/930pm and then go to bed around 1030/11pm....I stay asleep at night,except to go to the bathroom, and then Im up at 715am....

But in the afternoon around 1pm or so Im yawning and tired...

Ive gotta go get checked out but theres other things that are going on to, so its kind of an iffy thing...lol...just because of what Lynys said just above....
    Last edited by CANDY_74; 03-07-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Ooooh! Getting up for washroom breaks?

Hope you can find some answers ladies.

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    Ooooh! Getting up for washroom breaks?

Hope you can find some answers ladies.
    lol...but I don't want to be pregnant though...my youngest is going to be 7 this year....I mean if I was then yes Id keep the baby and not be stupid but it would be one heck of a shock to me and something that would have to 'grow' (pardon the pun) on me....lol...

I just didn't have a chance to get to the clinic on friday morning. So now it will have to wait until I get back from florida my plane leaves at 0615 tomorrow morning. I am doing daycare today so there was no time for me to go this morning. ARGHHHH....but maybe the little vacation will be good for me.
    MagicFingers

IMHO

Take vitamin D3...its a replacement for all the sunshine we are not getting in the winter. They are cheap to buy and very effective. Take 3 in the morning...will perk you right up.

While in florida I did great, I was feeling pretty good, had a few moments but not nearly as bad and now that I have been home a week I have not had been feeling good the last few days.
    MagicFingers

Could your heating system be leaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I have a friend who takes some kind of B vitamin to help with this. I have severe anemia myself and I have had to have my dosage adjusted quite a few times, it could be just that you need more. I would talk to you doctor and see what you can do for it
    Not to scare you or anything, but I felt extremely tired to the point of exhaustion prior to having a heart attack. I would sleep a full eight hours and wake up tired....My legs felt like iron, I had no energy at all. I felt this way for about a month prior to having the heart attack. It's a common symptom of heart disease. I would recommend going to see your doctor - it may be a lack of vitamins or it could be something more serious.

I might also add - sleep study. Eliminate sleep apnea from the possibilities. Are you a heavy snorer? Does your mate tell you that you quit breathing at night?
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    I might also add - sleep study. Eliminate sleep apnea from the possibilities. Are you a heavy snorer? Does your mate tell you that you quit breathing at night?
    Exactly what I was going to post. I had similar symptoms and found I had sleep apnea. If you are a snorer, you probably have some degree of apnea. It is easy to get it checked out at a sleep clinic, and usually a CPAP machine will help with it. Ask your doctor about the possibility.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Hmm, you said you felt good in Florida... where it is sunny.

You are very likely missing out on some vitamin D3.

I have been taking it throughout my pregnancy, and feel amazing. Haven't had fatigue since my first tri, and am three quarters through my third tri, so I highly recommend you speak to your doctor about adding vitamin D3 to your daily routine.

|It is also good for bone health, so you can't go wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information