Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So tired all the time!

Default Re: So tired all the time!

until you can get to your doctor and have some tests and results vitamins are a good and fairly inexpensive thing to try. like lynys says, D3, and take 2000-4000 a day (i take 2000 regularly). take some iron and some b vitamins too. and make sure you are eating enough protein.

also, could you be allergic to something in your house? i remember my doctor telling me the benefits of getting a weeks worth of southern sun should last a little longer.

and one more thing, not depression, but could it be a sort of bordom? would changing up your schedule or adding something fun to look forward to make you mentally feel better?

I am going to add Vitamin D to my vitamin routine....I am hoping to go get my bloodwork done on Saturday....please tell me the lab is open on saturdays.....It sucks when you work all day every day from 6am to 6pm and you need to do a fasting bloodwork. I know I don't have sleep apnea I don't snore and I don't have any breathing problems. My husband on the other hand does have sleep apnea and has a Cpap machine. We have had our furnace checked so that is not the issue as well and I have had a physical other than my bloodwork that needs to be done I am physically healthy no blood pressure issues, no heart issues, or anything else. But thanks for the suggestions I seriously think it is the vitamin D issue along with low iron and B12
    MagicFingers

I will guarantee it is vitamin D. Like I said, I am 7 1/2 months pregnant and find myself rarely tired. It was mentioned to me by my midwife, and I have felt great since starting to take it.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Ok just thought I would post that I have started taking D3 today...I also got all my bloodwork done today, also had another preg test done and it was negative. on another note doc is starting me on the first stage of fertility treatments. So will let you know how it all goes.
    MagicFingers

I guarantee the D3 will help with fatigue, although, with the weather turning nicer and days getting warmer, you would notice it as well.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

So I got my blood done last week. Doctor's office called and they want to see me....I guess something is up with the results or they wouldn't be calling me in. I am a little worried but like hubby said no point being worried about something I can't control yet and at least they found something that probably relates to me being tired so we can deal with it.
    MagicFingers

Got my results. My iron and my hemoglobin are severely low. My vitamin b12's are extremely low and everything else seems fine. He is keeping an extra close eye on my blood work over the next year wanting me to go in every 3 months for more blood work. Also need to figure out why my hemoglobin in so low, it is 25% lower than is shoudl be which is why I am soooo exhausted.
    MagicFingers

well at least you will be treating what is known, I hope you feel better soon.

ok, at least now you know what is wrong, but what are they giving you to treat it? are you getting iron injections or vit b12 injections? or are you taking a high dose orally for the first 3 months and then check? you can get a sub-lingual b12 (if not here then across the river) it is supposed to be much better and easier absorbed. there is also a oral liquid iron at the health food store - but i sampled it and it was horrible.

i have had the iron injections 2 times now, you go for a set of 15 shots, you go weekdays for 3 weeks to the ghc injection clinic. it really helped me. i had the first set 3-4 years ago, and the 2nd set just this winter.

it feels good to know there is something treatable and that its not just in your head eh! im glad its nothing serious going on.

No not doing injections I asked about the iron injections and apparently he won't do it. Not exactly sure why. I used to get b12 injections but I am currently just taking the sublingual tabs....I take 6 of them a day that is 3000mcg of b12...I take 3 tabs or iron it is a 150mg tab and I take 3 of those and I am taking the vitamin d drops. I have also tried the liquid and didn't like it and it was expensive. I have a prescription for the iron it is expensive to but at least it doesn't taste bad and is easy on my stomach.

I went back and reread what kitca wrote a few weeks ago and saw something about possible boredom. Definitely NOT bored. I don't have time to be bored. I do home daycare from 7am-530pm mon-fri with 4 children. I have my 14 month old son. I work a second job part time, I help take care of my grandmother who is now in the hospital. My husband and I try to have date nights once a week. and I am going to school part time. and to top it all off I am a spice consultant. SO definitely have enough on my plate with little time for boredom.
    MagicFingers

omg magicfingers, thats why youre tired! i got exhausted just reading your routine, lol! it was just a thought, especially with SAD time for us in the northern hemm.

i wonder why he wont do the injections? some people need them, you just cant absorb enough iron no matter what - then we go and loose a whole pile of it each month, we just cant do it ourselves.

what is a spice consultant?

I think it is like Pampered Chef, or Tupperware etc. There's a company called Epicure Selections, and you can have parties. I have several of their products. Not sure if this is what she does or not, but that's my best guess!

http://www.epicureselections.com/en/
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

aha, thanks everywoman.

Yes I am an epicure consultant.
    MagicFingers

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information