Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teeth Pulled?

Question Teeth Pulled?

So my question is has anyone ever had to go to Dr.Wong or any other dentist to get put under (fully) and get teeth pulled?

His office called me and said that I should be able to get in within the next month...which I think is GREAT!...but Im kinda scared on the idea of being put under, as Ive never had any kind of surgery before

They told me that Id be in the office for 1.5hrs. 1/2 hour of that would be sitting in their recovery room with the person whos picking me up and then for the next 4 days Id be in 'downtime'.

What did they mean by 'downtime'?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by CANDY_74; 03-04-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Default Re: Teeth Pulled?

when you get teeth pulled its very important to avoid lifting, bending and putting pressure on the mouth in order to keep it from opening and bleeding, also there may be some swelling...that is what they mean by down time. It is just as safe to have the procedure done in the office as it is to have it done at the hospital and the cost is much less as is the wait time. My son had his wisdoms pulled at the office and was put under for a very short period, you will definately need a ride home and will probably sleep for the remainder of the day, just like any other sergical procedure. You will be fine, I'm sure all will go well and hope for a speedy recovery.
    Whimsical and Determined!

Make sure to have cloves or clove oil and some gauze on hand in case of dry socket after the teeth are pulled. I had gotten dry socket when my wisdoms were pulled out and it was by far one of the worst pains I had ever felt, and no amount of pain killers alleviated the problem, but the cloves sure did. I thought I would inform anyone who are getting teeth removed this info as I sincerley wouldnt wish it upon anyone else lol.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

My spouse just had all his teeth pulled out, front and most of the bottom. He has to be fitted with dentures.
    He had them all pulled a week ago today. He had to go to thew hospital day surgery to have it done.
    He is what he had to do.
    He had to be there a hour early to get prepped. He was put to sleep, it took ah alf hour to pull all the teeth. He went to the 1st recovery room till he woke up, the he was transferred to the 2nd recovery room till it was time to leave. He went into surgery at 11am, was put by 11 30 and was able to go home at 1pm. You HAVE to have someone pick u up or they will not let you leave. You will be very veryt tired and drowsy for the remainder of the day. They gave him meds for the pain, he only takes a half of one every 6 hours. It hurt like hell for the first couple days then the pain subsides a bit. He used ice right after surgery and had very little swelling and no bruising.
    He can eat oatmeal and soup, hes been drinking ensures.
    They also say to have someone with you for 24 hours after surgery. When they say downtime, they mean you will be very tired from surgery for the rest of the day and since you will be given pain pills they make you a bit drowsy.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the info I would never have thought of the Ensure drinks at all, but I guess it makes sense as I won't want to eat anything for awhile...

Im FOR SURE getting 2 wisdom teeth pulled and then FOR SURE 1 other tooth as well, on both sides of the mouth And then Im going to have to go back to get the 4 front lower teeth pulled later on as right now I don't have the money for partials. And since Im a woman Im NOT going around with those teeth missing; I wouldn't want to go outside or have people come over...

I HATE pain..lol...

And Id never have thought of cloves or clove oil and some gauze for pain..

I think my biggest thing is that Im seriously a huge baby...lol..and Im scared...and people that I know are saying 'Oh don't worry about it...you'll be fine...its just surgery' But these people have never had any kind of surgery ever so you see what I mean?

also, no drinking from a straw...it will be o.k., they will take good care of you and are very used to dealing with sucky babys,lol
    Whimsical and Determined!

I'm the biggest suck in the world! You'll be fine Candy. Good luck!

yup he was told not to drink from a straw. It can cause more bleeding.

Also no smoking if you smoke...lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information