"No matter how carefully you chose your words, they'll end up being twisted by someone else"~ Unknown
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth" ~ Marcus Aurelius
I have an easier way...I make my man do it!!
Whimsical and Determined!
that would take more time then using the peeler
I have never been fond of peeling potatoes and being the one who does the majority of the cooking in the house I figured it was one of those tedious parts of KP duty. I am far to cheap to waste all that energy ( pre heating water, making ice), not to mention the time involved to use the method shown in the video. My daughter bought me a Rotato Express automatic peeler a few Christmases and at first I was too cheap to use it - why should I use electricity when I have two good hands. Eventualy I tried out the machine and now I use it and it works great.
what a joke, I could peel 10lbs of spuds in the time it would take to do it that way.
I tried a few potatoes using her method for our family meal one night. Unless you have very smooth potatoes, the skins don't come off that easy by twisting. I ended up with partially peeled potatoes and had to take more time to peel the rest off. Tedious affair.
Thumbs down to this method.
Redneck way is easier:
1) Weld a spike to the rim of one of the drive wheels of your car.
2) Put the car up on blocks. (A true rednecks' car would be up on blocks anyway)
3) Stick the potato on the spike (see 1)
4) Give your friend 'Jebediah' the keys to your car and a jug of corn whiskey to sit there and drink a while with his foot on the gas
5) Once Jebediah hits the gas, whip out your Bowie knife and just hold it there so it peels that skin off that potato in seconds.
6) Yell to Jebediah that the revenuers are comin.
7) Remove the potato when he takes his foot off the gas and starts running.
8) Put another potato on and tell him it's a false alarm. (Don't worry - he'll go for that one all day)
Oh yeah - make sure you lock up the hogs first so they're not in the way trying to get those skins as they fall to the ground.
I don't mind peeling potatoes, at all. Everyone I've ever watch always peels towards themselves, I'm lefthanded and I peel away from me much faster than someone peeling towards themselves. I was told I was "weird" doing it that way...oh well, nothing new! LOL!!
LOL not weird but talented maybe? LOL
I'm right handed and I peel away from myself as well. MUCH faster and easier.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)