Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sault vets

Default sault vets

i know this has been brought up before, and i did put a post in pet talk, but I am so angry right now, I could..... I called the vet emergency around midnight because I came home from work, to find my little man, cat, almost lifeless and barely breathing. The oncall vet told me that he was to busy and didn't have the time to see me, that I could just deal with it tomorrow. Well with a lot of prayers I had hoped he would make it until 9:00 am but unfortunately he past away in my arms about 10 mins ago, my daughter is devasted because he was given to her. I just cannot believe the inhuman, incompassionate(?) ways of this man, I thought most vets decided to be vets because they love animals, I guess this one just likes the moola. But as god as my witness, this will not die as my little man has. If anyone know of anything that can be done let me know. thanks in advance

Default Re: sault vets

Wow I am so so sorry
    If I would have read this post I would have given you my vets home number from across the river....she would have met u at the clinic ASAP
    Again I am so so sorry

Wow....that is so sad. With all the horror stories that I see about the Canadian vets, I am surprised some are still in business. I'm sorry for your loss
    <insert witty comment here>

I would be writing a letter to the editor about your story and be confronting the vet.
    MagicFingers

i did already write letters to sootoday, sault star, mayor roswell and tony martin, the next step is the vet. assoc. Thank you all for your well wishes

try soonews.ca too

sorry to hear about your loss [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

here is some contact info for you Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
    339 Booth Street
    Ottawa, ON
    K1R 7K1
    Tel: (613) 236-1162
    Fax: (613) 236-9681
    Email: admin@cvma-acmv.org
    MagicFingers

Awww that really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Aw no! I am so sorry for your loss. Thats horrible!
    Can you tell us who the vet was?
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

Oh so sorry to hear!

drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open...

our vets are disgusting, you can't count on them when you really need them, I don't know how they can just let animals die, sorry for your loss trigger.

shouldn't there be some kind of vetrinary ethics to prevent them from pulling this bull?

Guru Power Poster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: **PeAnUt**</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow I am so so sorry
    If I would have read this post I would have given you my vets home number from across the river....she would have met u at the clinic ASAP
    Again I am so so sorry</div></div>

And she would of charge you half the price also.

Can,t believe people even deal with Sault Canada vets.
    If you wish to go quickly, go alone. If you wish to go far, go together.

I don't think people should lump all Canadian vets into one. They are not all bad.

Intangible, you're right I'm not saying all are, just this one. I actually had an awesome experience with a vet from northland. two years ago my female cat got sick from a flea bath, she sat on the phone with me for an hour telling me what I cold do, and if that did not work, to call her back and she would see her right away. how I wish it could have been her on-call that night, my male cat may still be with us today.

the vet did not give his name, but I will put it this way I had to listen very carefully, because of his "accent".

I am not surprised.

and that vet office would be: Animal Health Clinic on Tunk...Either Dr. Gunam Kunasingam or Dr. Gnana

gwca818,I think you hit it right on the nose, that was my thought exactly

I will not deal with the vet on trunk road. My cat was 24 years old and she was having medical issues we knew it was time to put her to sleep. We called and they wouldn't make time for us, and then it was going to be over 200 dollars. We called the animal kingdom on the american side where my parents have been taking the dog for the past 5 years and they told us to bring her in at 5 this is closing time for them but they made time thought it would better for us. And then they only charged us $25 dollars. That is a huge huge difference. This was just one thing to compare. We then got a card in the mail a few days later a sympathy card from the vet. We had other run ins with that same vet on trunk for a few years before that incidnet hence why my parents take their golden across the boarder. for anyone who does do this if for some reason you think you need to use a vet on this side don't tell them you have been taking your pet to the american side the vets here won't look at your pet if they know you do this.
    MagicFingers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MagicFingers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will not deal with the vet on trunk road. My cat was 24 years old and she was having medical issues we knew it was time to put her to sleep. We called and they wouldn't make time for us, and then it was going to be over 200 dollars. We called the animal kingdom on the american side where my parents have been taking the dog for the past 5 years and they told us to bring her in at 5 this is closing time for them but they made time thought it would better for us. And then they only charged us $25 dollars. That is a huge huge difference. This was just one thing to compare. We then got a card in the mail a few days later a sympathy card from the vet. We had other run ins with that same vet on trunk for a few years before that incidnet hence why my parents take their golden across the boarder. for anyone who does do this if for some reason you think you need to use a vet on this side don't tell them you have been taking your pet to the american side the vets here won't look at your pet if they know you do this. </div></div>
    Odd! We called on a Monday morning at 8 am to get our cat put down. They got us in at 11:15 (we are in Wawa) and charged $110 to do it. Im not sure why they wanted $200 for your cat?? Ive never had a problem with not getting in on a certain day nor with Dr.Gunumn and any of my pets. They even held my cats body for a week until we were able to bring him across to be cremated. Yes, they knew we were going across too.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information