Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sault vets

Default Re: sault vets

In fact they wanted $200 to put my cat down without anyone going in with her and 245 if someone went in when they did it. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it would be more if i went in with her and held her until she passed, I have done this with all my other pets that needed to be euthanized.
    MagicFingers

My husband stayed with Smudge..I absolutely would NOT have it any other way! Sara uses this vet too (as well as many others) and no one else has mentioned this "extra" fee.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

There is no extra fee at our vet's office to be with our pets when they are put down, LL. Either Magic is talking about the other vet on Trunk Rd or things have dramatically changed or well...who knows what else.

I had to put my oldest dog down a very short time ago and it didn't cost me anywhere close to $200 and it goes by weight, so I can't see Magic's cat weighing in at more than my dog. The receptionist asked me if I wanted to be with Jack while he went and I said absolutely and she said and I quote "Okay, don't worry, there's no extra fee for that here." I wouldn't have cared if there was, but that's beside the point.

As bad as I feel that the OP lost her cat, I feel like there is more to the story. I don't know what the conversation was with him but if it was him, he must have had a reason for his decision because he is not a heartless man. I can't say that enough about him. I've seen him step in where other vets would not. I've seen him do work free or on payments for people including myself. I've been there in the room when he tore a strip off a man who slapped his dog in front of us.

This post is not meant to argue or inflame either, just sharing my (well-known already, I know) opinion of him. I trust him with my pets' lives. Completely.

I couldnt of said it better myself Sara. Smudge was 17 and weighed about 3 1/2 lbs. He was very ill and frail. Like I said, his euthenasia was only $110. Gunumn was very good to my husband and explained everything. Had there been an extra charge, we would of paid it in a heartbeat.
    He is a wonderful vet and I am super picky where my pets go and I have no reason not to trust him or go there.
    Adopting one pet will not change the world but, it will change the world for that one pet.

In defence of Dr. Gunumn, in February, one of my Maltese had a minor medical problem, he called me 3 or 4 times during the day, both Saturday and Sunday and he wasn't on call. He doesn't mind giving basic advice over the phone to save us a trip down from Wawa.

wow, I never mentioned this vets name at all, in fact I said he never gave me his name, all I said was he had an "accent" and right away people started naming this dr. coincidence? Sara you even told me in a pm that your vet has turned away people, so if this is the same vet, it should not come as a surpise. the point is on-call is just that, be it animal human etc. it should not matter if you are a client,non-client or go across the river, and if the vet is so busy or swamped they should have a secondary vet to take over. money was no object i would have signed the deed to my house to this vet, just to take five minutes to look at him, and every day i sit and wonder could his life been saved if this vet had taken the time, even if he had of looked at him and said i'm sorry there's nothing i can do it would still hurt, but at least i know that i did everything i could to help him, as it is know i feel like i have let my "little man" down. Sorry for the rant.

I may very well have the two vets confused. This was two years ago that my cat was put down. It was the animal clinic on the corner or close to the corner of trunk and boundry near mcdonalds. perhaps i have the wrong one. I was so surprised when they wanted to charge us more to go in with her. I had never heard of that before.
    MagicFingers

Trigger just know that you did do what you could it was the vet that failed your cat not you.
    MagicFingers

thank you magicfingers

Trigger, I'm not saying to you that you did anything wrong and honest, I'm not arguing with your or anything like that. And Magic, both vets on Trunk are right there but Northland is the one that's closest to McDonald's, not the Animal Health Clinic.

Regardless, I really am sorry you lost your cat Trigger. I'd be knocking heads if any vet ever refused service to one of my pets. And yes, I know my vet has refused to see people before but I just feel like there's more to it than just "My cat is sick, I need help" and "I'm too busy, wait till tomorrow".

I hope that with your letters and such to the bigwigs that you get the resolution that you want, that's all. I'm not going to discourage you from trying to get it - I'd likely be doing the same thing if it were me.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information