Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conservatives for Bryan Hayes doing anonymous automated telemarketing calls

Hybrid View

Angry Conservatives for Bryan Hayes doing anonymous automated telemarketing calls

I got a call from 705-254-5309 with an automated voice (illegal) asking poll questions, starting with "for or against long gun registry".

The caller ID was just the number with no name.

Calling that number got an answer by a Bryan Hayes campaign worker.

So the Tories are trying to anonymously get voters' opinions so they can selectively customize their marketing spin.

Sophisticated and devious.

Default Re: Conservatives for Bryan Hayes doing anonymous automated telemarketing calls

Yes, I got the call and hung up. No way I was going to participate if they didn't even announce who they were polling for.

Default Re: Conservatives for Bryan Hayes doing anonymous automated telemarketing calls

What? Automated calls are illegal? I get them all the time! Where do you get info about the illegality of them?
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    What? Automated calls are illegal? I get them all the time! Where do you get info about the illegality of them?
    Do you think Hayes paid for his own copy of the do not call list or do you think he tapped into the one his party surely must have centrally?

I'm pretty sure that all the parties would work together to make sure thay could use this means of communicating.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Politicians are exempt from the Do Not Call list, aren't they?
    I got YET another call yesterday from the Conservatives and I told them quite firmly that if I get one more call from them, my vote is going elsewhere. (And I was once a card carrying member).
    I'll keep you posted.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Politicians are exempt from the Do Not Call list, aren't they?
    I got YET another call yesterday from the Conservatives and I told them quite firmly that if I get one more call from them, my vote is going elsewhere. (And I was once a card carrying member).
    I'll keep you posted.
    I have no idea, but they shouldn't be. Of course, they exempt themselves from pretty much all the other rules they don't like so I guess it should be expected they'd be exempt from this as well.

I just looked it up.
    Who Can Still Call You?

Consumers should understand that registering on the National DNCL will reduce but not eliminate all telemarketing calls. There are certain kinds of telemarketing calls that are exempted from the National DNCL Rules.

The exemptions include telemarketing calls made by, or on behalf of:

Canadian registered charities;
    Political parties, riding associations and candidates; and
    Newspapers of general circulation for the purpose of soliciting subscriptions.
    Telemarketing calls from organizations with whom you have an existing business relationship are also exempt. You are considered to have an existing business relationship with a telemarketer if you:

Purchased, leased, or rented a product or service in the last eighteen (18) months from the telemarketer;
    Have a written contract with the telemarketer for a service that is still in effect or expired within the last eighteen (18) months; and/or
    Asked a telemarketer about a product or service within the last six (6) months.
    Telemarketers may also call you if you have provided express consent to be called. Express consent includes:

Your permission on a written form, electronic form, or an online form; or
    Your verbal permission.
    The National DNCL Rules do not apply to telemarketing calls made to businesses.

What about calls from market research or polling firms?

Calls from organizations conducting market research, surveys, or public opinion polls are also exempt from the National Do Not Call List Rules and are not required to keep an internal do not call list. These types of calls are not telemarketing calls because the caller is not asking you to purchase, lease or rent products or services.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information