Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not impressed

Default Not impressed

Today I joined the YMCA. I decided that as part of my new years resolution to get more physically fit, it was time to join a gym and start running the treadmill and lifting some weights. Well today was the day and I joined. I got changed, put my stuff in a locker and went up to the work out room. About an hour and a half later, I discovered that my locker had been opened, my bag opened, and my jeans were missing. Well everything was in my jeans pocket. My cell phone, my wallet with all my ID and other misc things, and my house key. Well needless to say I was livid! I knew that I was taking the risk of this happening when I didnt lock up my locker but damn!

I realize that it was my fault for leaving my locker unlocked but that doesnt make it any more right to have my stuff stolen. Thankfully, I was able to recover my wallet with everything inside of it minus a free donut that I won from Timmies and my house key. My cell phone is likely gone now which pisses me off but I would rather have my wallet than my cell phone. I am so thankful for the YMCA staff for their efforts in recovering my wallet and key and their initial concern over the matter.

FYI, if anyone knows the whereabouts of my cell phone, please shoot me a PM. My cell phone is a black Sony Xperia X10. I will not press charges if it is returned undamaged. I called Rogers and the line is locked down so no calls can be made or received using my SIM card.
    <insert witty comment here>

Default Re: Not impressed

That sucks.. At least you got some of your stuff back, though. Some people are not nearly as lucky.
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. - Mahatma Gandhi

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm - Sir Winston Churchill

if your house key was missing i would be changing your locks asap.
    they probably checked your address in the wallet from any id you had in there.
    neutering stops the need for euthanizing

I saw your admonishment but it is,, was and will always be predictable. Jump on Magic Mushrooms idea without waiting.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Well unless they copied my key, I have nothing to worry about. I got both my key and my wallet back with all my ID. I know not very many people are as lucky as I am but thankfully it was only the cell phone and a $20 pair of jeans that are still unaccounted for. It sucks though...I really liked that phone.

One would have thought your gullibility warning buzzer would be going crazy by now. Changing the locks is a lot easier than filing loss reports.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

oh i misunderstood/misread then, i thought you said "minus a free donut that I won from Timmies and my house key."

still i would be leery, you were gone for an hour and a half, canadian tire is across the street and i think they do keys, so that wouldn't take a person not more that 10 minutes to accomplish. just something to think about.
    Last edited by magic mushroom; 04-07-2011 at 09:43 PM.
    neutering stops the need for euthanizing

IMHO

How did you get home with no pants?

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    How did you get home with no pants?
    I had my workout pants on. I felt disgusting in them after cooling down from a workout.

IMHO

It's good to know you realize you made a major mistake by bringing your wallet into the Y...thats what glove boxes are for. By bringing your story forward you may have prevented other y members from making the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian13 View Post
    I had my workout pants on. I felt disgusting in them after cooling down from a workout.
    Better than going in your Birthday suit.

Not gonna lie, stupid to leave your locker unlocked! But you already know that! It's really too bad though, when arseholes feel they need to help themselves to things that don't belong to them, whether they are out in the open or not. Humans never cease to disappoint me. That's why I love my pets so much!!
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by magic mushroom View Post
    oh i misunderstood/misread then, i thought you said "minus a free donut that I won from Timmies and my house key."

still i would be leery, you were gone for an hour and a half, canadian tire is across the street and i think they do keys, so that wouldn't take a person not more that 10 minutes to accomplish. just something to think about.
    if the person isn't ambitious enough to go out and earn the money to buy his own damn jeans i doubt he has the gumption to go get a key made then return the original! lol when these things happen, they steal what they want and dump the rest quickly.
    seriously tho, i totally see your point because his address may have been available in his wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    It's good to know you realize you made a major mistake by bringing your wallet into the Y...thats what glove boxes are for. By bringing your story forward you may have prevented other y members from making the same mistake.
    Kinda hard to leave your wallet in a glove compartment when you took the bus to the Y but I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Peety View Post
    Better than going in your Birthday suit.
    True...but if I was walking around the Y in my birthday suit, we would have a situation on our hands lol

Quote Originally Posted by everywoman View Post
    Not gonna lie, stupid to leave your locker unlocked! But you already know that! It's really too bad though, when arseholes feel they need to help themselves to things that don't belong to them, whether they are out in the open or not. Humans never cease to disappoint me. That's why I love my pets so much!!
    Yeah...thats why I am blaming no body but myself here. Its sad that others help themselves to others belongings but oh well. A very expensive lesson learned I guess.

Odd, he kept your pants and returned the wallet?? Isn't that backwards? Anyone see a thief running around in his gotch?
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Thats what everyone that I have told is sayin. Why on Earth would the guy (assuming its a guy considering it was a guys locker room) keep my pants?

mabye he **** himself and needed a pair asap!

oh, and he was hungry so he took your free donut.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Booker View Post
    mabye he **** himself and needed a pair asap!

oh, and he was hungry so he took your free donut.
    Maybe...but if he did **** himself, he would have taken my spare pair of boxers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian13 View Post
    Maybe...but if he did **** himself, he would have taken my spare pair of boxers lol.
    You never know. He could be going commando.
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. - Mahatma Gandhi

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Leroy View Post
    You never know. He could be going commando.
    Oddly enough, I knew a guy that did that lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information