Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Strategic voting in SSM riding

Lightbulb Strategic voting in SSM riding

Those who dislike the pro-corporate Conservative party tend to split their votes among the Liberals, NDP, and other minor parties, thereby wasting their votes, and allowing the minority of Conservative voters to win the riding, and the majority of anti-Conservative voters to lose.*

This website attempts to identify the most likely party to vote for in several close ridings, so as to combine the anti-Conservative vote, and avoid wasting votes.

http://catch22campaign.ca

In SSM riding, they are recommending Tony Martin (NDP).
    ___
    * The Conservative and Reform parties had this problem and merged into the Conservative Reform Alliance Party (aptly named CRAP party, since renamed).

Default Re: Strategic voting in SSM riding

Repent, Repent, before the tongue-lashing starts!! LOL

I'm voting conservative.

Not because they're the best.

Just because the others are worse.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

yes, the rich need to be richer, and the poor... they need to be poorer....
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    I'm voting conservative.

Not because they're the best.

Just because the others are worse.
    I haven't nearly enough money in the bank to be able to afford voting Conservative.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Which way should an entreprenuer vote?? I've decided.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDog View Post
    Those who dislike the pro-corporate Conservative party tend to split their votes among the Liberals, NDP, and other minor parties...
    You could also say those who dislike the NDP split their votes among the Conservatives and Liberals or those who dislike the Liberals split their votes among the NDP and Conservatives. That's what happens when there are more than two parties.

Protest votes result in things like the Bob Rae experiment, or on the larger stage the Obama disaster. Vote for the one who represents your views and we will all be better off.

Which way should an entreprenuer vote?? I've decided.
    Just how rich and connected are you?

The right wing Conservatives favours really big (and politically connected) corporations at the expense of small business. E.g., the big banks rip off small biz with bank and credit card fees, etc. Monsanto and big agra biz rips off independent farmers (see Food Inc). Wal-Mart squeezes its suppliers hard. Bush gave Eli-Lilly had an incredible sweet deal on vaccination lawsuit protection.

The even the NDP (!) support small and medium biz against the big banks, etc. (Well, they would if in power which is not gonna happen.)

Liberals are a balance of right wing and centre, and the best realistic choice ... unless you're super rich and well connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    I haven't nearly enough money in the bank to be able to afford voting Conservative.
    See http://peopleforcorporatetaxcutscanada.ca for ideas on how to raise $500 which is your share of the corporate tax cut.

Some examples:

Stop eating so damn much.
    Sell that tree in the yard for firewood.
    Ask your parents.
    Rent your car out as a dumpster.
    The kids’ piggy bank.

See http://peopleforcorporatetaxcutscanada.ca for ideas on how to raise $500 which is your share of the corporate tax cut.

Some examples:

Stop eating so damn much.
    Sell that tree in the yard for firewood.
    Ask your parents.
    Rent your car out as a dumpster.
    The kids’ piggy bank.
    Idiots.

Bush gave...
    Blame Bush! What relevance does Bush have to the upcoming election in CANADA?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_tim View Post
    Blame Bush! What relevance does Bush have to the upcoming election in CANADA?
    Oops, sorry. I got carried away with the abuses by the right wing in general, including the US Republicans.

For Harper-specific abuses, see the examples at:

http://www.****harperdid.com/

(((A part of the URL got filtered out. It's like in $#!% My Dad Says. You'll have to type it in manually.)))

(Anyway, the actual relevance is that the Canadian Conservative-Reform party is like the US Republican-Tea Party party.)

Just how rich and connected are you?...
    Not much. I suspect, however that what you call ripping off small biz is actually just giving big biz MORE. Which I can live with.

Were things any different under Paul Martin?? We sure do have short memories.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Ya know, Silverdog, I'd vote NDP if only we could guarantee a majority NDP government.

We'd have 5 years of hell, and then the NDP would be GONE forever!!!

Not much. I suspect, however that what you call ripping off small biz is actually just giving big biz MORE. Which I can live with.
    It is nice you can but as the small business man you refer to I am not sure I can. Someone with time should set down a list of companies that received the help you think they deserve only to leave and go back to the states with pockets full of Canadian cash. ALL, not most but all companies started out small and back then they got help to make them larger, Algoma, GM, Chrysler, Massey Ferguson, McLeary, Mcleary Easy, Massey Harris, Stelco, Dofasco, should I go on or do you see my point? Look at that short list and count how many you recognize as getting government money only to disappear over the boarder, or simply disappear. A healthy potion of good paying jobs come from the small business man and they DESERVE as much help as any large company, bar none.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Were things any different under Paul Martin?? We sure do have short memories.
    Good point. The Liberals swayed toward the right during those years.

Paul Martin as Finance Minister, however, had enough integrity to make tough banking legislation that prevented Canadian banks from screwing Canada into a US-style meltdown. Conservatives, on the other hand, are big business's and the super rich's puppet government.

"Stephen Harper believes the filthy rich have had it too hard for too long.

Harper's economic 'recovery' favoured the extremely wealthy. Over 321,000 Canadians lost their jobs in 2008 and Canadians' average wages fell. Meanwhile Canada's 100 wealthiest persons became richer, reaching an average net worth of $1.7 billion each, up almost 5 per cent from 2008.
    Read about it in The Tyee"

"Stephen Harper thinks that what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Unless it kills you.

In 2008, Luc Pomerleau, a biologist at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, discovered secret government plans to weaken regulations & allow corporate food producers to conduct their own safety inspections. Pomerleau leaked the news and was immediately fired. Then the listeriosis meat outbreak killed 17 Canadians.
    Read about Luc Pomerleau in The Ottawa Citizen"

See it all at $#!+harperdid.com (you have to type in the nasty word).

Harper's economic 'recovery' favoured the extremely wealthy. Over 321,000 Canadians lost their jobs in 2008 and Canadians' average wages fell. Meanwhile Canada's 100 wealthiest persons became richer, reaching an average net worth of $1.7 billion each, up almost 5 per cent from 2008.
    Up almost 5% from 2008 but still below the highs of 2007. FYI they did pretty good in 2010. It almost seems as if there is a correlation to what has gone on in the markets during the same period.

But really, why would you want our most successful people to lose wealth? Would it make you feel better about your own situation or do you really think that the success of some of our largest employers is the reason for increases in unemployment?

Paul Martin as Finance Minister, however, had enough integrity
    OK, that's where you lost me....

Looks like we are headed for a Conservative minority govt yet again. Thanks to Ignatieff, Layton and friends...
    What a waste.

I believe markets and the "smart money" decide which way a govt will go. That's why you see Conservatives going centrist, as well as liberals. If the NDP's ever got in power, they would quickly realize that their policies would be disastrous, because the markets would punish them relentlessly. Justt like it did Bob Rae when he was in power.

So the choice is, who will be the best manager of market forces..
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information