Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter

Default Easter

What do you buy for your kids?

Default Re: Easter

I wanted to buy bikes but they really dont need them this year, so we got them some candy as usual but then we bought lots of different games and toys etc. they can play with outside. I also got them a cat in the hat board game and we are going to buy them some clothes too in the next couple of days, nothing too much as they are only 2 and 3 but more than enough to keep them busy for at least an hour on Easter morning and quite busy this summer
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

The reason I ask is 2 ladies talked like it is Christmas.
    I bought a few things, a new coat, skipping rope, bunny colouring books,
    I have to buy the chocolate and eggs, Can not buy to early or I will eat them,lol

Where did you buy the cat In the hat game?

Quote Originally Posted by Peety View Post
    You should know better than to listen to a woman........
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    You should know better than to listen to a woman........
    2 women.lol

nothing...... Easter is just as stupid as Halloween
    Last edited by Macs II; 04-16-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peety View Post
    I bought a few things, a new coat, skipping rope, bunny colouring books,
    I have to buy the chocolate and eggs, Can not buy to early or I will eat them,lol

Where did you buy the cat In the hat game?
    wal-mart across the river. Its suuuuper cute
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

chocolates. and that's all they are getting. maybe some little shovels for the backyard from dollarama or a pack of stickers. i don't think it's like christmas. some kids get spoiled for easter. i never did. we'll hide the chocolates and have turkey for dinner. i don't want to set it up so they expect to get a load of gifts for every holiday.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

there was a time that my children thought that is was just like christmas, because they got many,,, too many, gifts from the Easter Bunny! thanx to my sister who set the pace, as she only had one child,,, so i had to follow the easter bunny's trail... oh,,, i know how stupid i am now,,, there is nothing i can do to change that now,,, but , i have changed my childrens view on what they can expect on easter Sunday,,,, if they don't do their part in the family unit , that is listening to your parents, living by your parents rules, and getting good grades,,,, going to school everyday,,, then no,,, sorry the easter bunny is not going to show up,,, i will lock the door, and stay awake to make sure the little brat doesn't slip in and give you great gifts! wake up ,,, life doesn't hand you things in a basket!

IMHO

get the kids a childrens version of the bible...it is EASTER afterall.

My kids got some candy from the bulk barn, and a basket with outside stuff from the dollar store! I spent under 25$ for 2 kids.. We try to make the kids understand that money doesn't grow on trees, and all clothing, toys, and food all costs money, and daddy works hard so we can have those things. This is why our easter/summer present to our kids was a trampoline...

My Daughter has went away with her grandparents for 10 days which included easter, being almost 10 the whole bunny thing is pretty much I know its you mom and dad, so she got some money from us to go away with considering she will not be here,

My inlaws always buy them a choclate bunny of some kind, and my parents do the same plus a new spring outfit, This yr we are not going all out, we both work easter sunday, he works 8-4 and I work 4:30-12, so they will have a little egg hunt,a large kinder surprise egg and one is getting a new game he wants for the wii as hes been buggin and I could only get online, and the other is getting legos which he wanted..

They usually end up with so much chocolate it ends up in the freezer and we use it for chocolate balls at christmas time..

My kids usually get chocolates, and maybe a few outside stuff (skipping ropes, sidewalk chalk etc).....

And we'll be having Ham for Sunday dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Macs II View Post
    nothing...... Easter is just as stupid as Halloween
    For once I agree with you, Easter is for teaching your children not a time to give them silly useless things.

Let's not commercialize Easter..

Oops. too late.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

This is the first Easter My daughter actually understands..lol She know the Easter bunny is coming. We are going to paint eggs this week. So far I've gotten her a skipping rope, some toys, toys for the pool, summer clothes, pj's, chocolate bunnys ,candy she likes, a pair of running shoes.
    I bought these plastic eggs and im going to fill them with a candy and make a trail from her bedroom door around the house to all her hidden gifts Shes love it.

LOL we still paint eggs too My boys are 18, 16 and 13 and even my oldest looks forward to that! (so does mom)
    My boys are older now so they get some Spring Summer shirts mostly, some chocolate of course and I usually make a huge brunch. They boys go with their father after that so I usually get some peace and quiet!

Banned

LOL...as soon as I saw the title of this thread I wondered how many posts it would take before Bluesky lectured us.

Not long.

Banned

Speaking of Easter, I hear Sidney Crosby can hide his own Easter eggs now.

That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    chocolates. and that's all they are getting. maybe some little shovels for the backyard from dollarama or a pack of stickers. i don't think it's like christmas. some kids get spoiled for easter. i never did. we'll hide the chocolates and have turkey for dinner. i don't want to set it up so they expect to get a load of gifts for every holiday.
    I totally agree. An easter basket with some chocolate / candy, and a hunt is more than enough. Add to that the fun of dying eggs and they are good to go. Easter shouldn't be christmas "2"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information