Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Easter

Senior Member Luv to be on the GO's Avatar

Default Re: Easter

Great Post Bluekrissyspikes .."says alot "
    and your right H.E.Pennypacker!!!

Banned

I love Easter. It's the only time I can buy Kinder Surprises in bulk and tell Leon that its for the kids. And he'll believe me.

I just found out yesterday Easter is this weekend, crap....thought I had another week yet. Been too busy lately I never realized it was coming up this quick.

We don't do much for Easter here either, the kids know there's no such thing as the Easter Bunny. I usually buy them each a new swimsuit, t-shirt (usually kinda matches the swimsuit), movie and some chocolate/eggs. Funny how even though they know there's no such thing as the Easter Bunny they still look forward to the egg hunt Easter Morning.

I know some that go all out for Easter (like Christmas), seems crazy to me.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

IMHO

Scalloped potatoes and a spiral ham keeps them happy. Throw in a SOLID CHOCOLATE bunny or a box of truffles and you become a saint for the day.

This year we got our boys some chocolate and candy from the bulk barn that I put in plastic eggs for their backyard egg hunt, if the weather holds out. We also got the two of them scooters, new helmets, knee and elbow pads since they have both outgrown their bikes.

My kids got all the customary as do my grands but I still fail to see a connection between Easter and free basing sugar.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by RWGR View Post
    LOL...as soon as I saw the title of this thread I wondered how many posts it would take before Bluesky lectured us.

Not long.

Wow. Well, I understand that stringing less than 15 words together might be a lecture for someone of your erudition and intellect.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

make a right then left, left straight for one block then look down!

my in laws always spoil them on Easter. In years past I have forgotten about Easter with being busy working so our family goes out for pancakes. While the husband is getting the kids into the van I run from room to room throwing chocolate eggs in the air. lol kids always think the bunny likes to show up when we are out!

We always got a basket with outdoor toys (one year it was badminton rackets) an outfit, or new jacket. And, chocolate!

This is the best time of year... Cadbury Mini Eggs!

Oh, plus Jesus Christ Superstar is on... that movie slays me.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Speaking of Easter, I hear Sidney Crosby can hide his own Easter eggs now.

That's pretty cool.
    Someone has a crush.. ouuuuuuu!

sitting in a rocking chair in the good ole Soo

When my girls were young, it was an Easter basket.....1 large chocolate bunny, 1 or 2 have the smaller boxed thingies and usually some kind of "summer" toy-skipping ropes, etc. They also got a new "going to church" outfit. And Easter eggs scattered all over the house. The Easter egg hunt around the house lasted well into adulthood....if the one that is out of town ever gets home for Easter again, I'm pretty sure the hunt would be reinstituted. Needless to say, their significant others just shook their heads over that Easter egg hunt being so important to them....but I think "Nana's house" has this almost mythical quality for them and special occasions became touchstones. Much like still honouring, in their thirties, the "contract" about calling for a ride, I don't have any problem recreating some of those special times.
    For the beauty of the earth,
    For the beauty of the skies...

Banned

I blame the Cadbury Bunny for ruining easter. All he does is spread lies and disgusting creme eggs. He says BOK BOK BOK, which leads me to believe either he is a stupid bunny who doesn't know what sound he's supposed to make or he is a very smart chicken who has the greatest disguise ever. What are you trying to hide bunny? What are you trying to hide..

Banned

Peeps ruined Easter. They are evil incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMuffett View Post
    My kids got some candy from the bulk barn, and a basket with outside stuff from the dollar store! I spent under 25$ for 2 kids.. We try to make the kids understand that money doesn't grow on trees, and all clothing, toys, and food all costs money, and daddy works hard so we can have those things. This is why our easter/summer present to our kids was a trampoline...
    wow $25 for two kids. and money does grow on trees.think about it. trees make the paper to print our money

Quote Originally Posted by 2ne1 View Post
    wow $25 for two kids. and money does grow on trees.think about it. trees make the paper to print our money
    A chocolate bunny is is $7,8 dollars.

Peeps ruined Easter. They are evil incarnate.

GROSS big time!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information