Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LCBO closures

Default LCBO closures

The idea to close to LCBO stores (east and west end) and consolidate into a new building is a very bad one for the community on so many levels.

Kudos to the mayor and council for recognizing this and looking for a reconsideration.

http://sootoday.com/content/news/ful...ryNumber=52083

"Council voted to ask both LCBO and the provincial government to reconsider the two local closures, and to ask that LCBO undertake an impact study to determine the effect of the closings on neighbouring businesses."

Default Re: LCBO closures

From the link above....

Whereas many residents in both the East and West Ends of the City, including seniors and others who do not have access to an automobile, will be significantly inconvenienced by these store closures,
    IMO...that's a load of bull. If someone seniors, people with no access to a vehicle, or otherwise want alcohol they'll get it. What about seniors and otherwise in other parts of the city who have no access to a vehicle? Don't hear them complaining now that they can't get their booze.

I'm all for the new superstore! As it is if I want my favourite wine I have to travel all the way downtown to the store in the mall (provided I have means to transportation), that's the only store in town that has it. So I'm looking forward to this new store, sounds like they plan to increase their selection of wines too....something alot of people (myself included) are looking forward to.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

I think it's a dumb idea... lets close down two stores in opposite ends of town to open one, out of the location of the two we just closed...
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Xzavia View Post

I'm all for the new superstore! As it is if I want my favourite wine I have to travel all the way downtown to the store in the mall (provided I have means to transportation), that's the only store in town that has it. So I'm looking forward to this new store, sounds like they plan to increase their selection of wines too....something alot of people (myself included) are looking forward to.
    I'm glad I hardly drink. The traffic in the area where they want to build the new store has been horrendous for years and has gotten even worse since the hospital opened. I'd prefer not to be battling absolute gridlock on those rare occasions when I want to pick up a bottle. Imagine what hell it'll be to drive in that area at Christmas/New years after this new store opens!

I think its a dumb idea...try getting into an LCBO "superstore" on a long weekend!!! also its more convenient to have them at opposite ends of town, less driving and with the price of gas thats an issue.
    Whimsical and Determined!

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    I think it's a dumb idea... lets close down two stores in opposite ends of town to open one, out of the location of the two we just closed...
    That is dumb.. Will the one in the mall stay open?

Face it... uptown SSM is booming. Downtown is dying.

As far as I am concerned, I don't care. I think one bigger store is better than a couple smaller stores anyday.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Peety View Post
    That is dumb.. Will the one in the mall stay open?
    I believe so. They would be stupid to shut it down
    <insert witty comment here>

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    Face it... uptown SSM is booming. Downtown is dying.

As far as I am concerned, I don't care. I think one bigger store is better than a couple smaller stores anyday.
    When they build something that we need then I am all for it. Like an American Eagle and so on and so on...

I think one bigger store is better than a couple smaller stores anyday.
    Usually I agree with you but this time I don't ....only two LCBO stores in town is not good, it's stupid ...they should keep the west end - east end stores open and have a superstore in the north end of town ..that way every part of town would be well served

I think an outlet store or two would do nicely here. I loved Stitches before they closed down.
    <insert witty comment here>

IMHO

They should have closed the station mall store...left the west and east end stores and opened the new one on 17 North. That way east, west and central would be covered. ITS ALL TOO LATE THOUGH...THEY BOUGHT THE PROPERTY AND WILL GO AHEAD NO MATTER WHAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Macs II View Post
    Usually I agree with you but this time I don't ....only two LCBO stores in town is not good, it's stupid ...they should keep the west end - east end stores open and have a superstore in the north end of town ..that way every part of town would be well served

I agree! Look how many Mac's we have in town....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Macs II View Post
    ...only two LCBO stores in town is not good, it's stupid ...they should keep the west end - east end stores open and have a superstore in the north end of town ..that way every part of town would be well served
    I agree! I've never understood why we have 4 beer stores N,S,E &W and only 3 liquor stores.

I hope they have access from Home Depot area, not just from Gt. Northern Rd.

I don't care about the liquor store... we're getting a Michael's!! Woot woot!!! lol

ha!!!! i said that same thing ... something fishy is going on, it doesnt sit right with me. im glad council is checking into it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BrAt View Post
    I don't care about the liquor store... we're getting a Michael's!! Woot woot!!! lol
    Is Michaels like White Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by Xzavia View Post
    From the link above....

IMO...that's a load of bull. If someone seniors, people with no access to a vehicle, or otherwise want alcohol they'll get it. What about seniors and otherwise in other parts of the city who have no access to a vehicle? Don't hear them complaining now that they can't get their booze.

Thats why we have a page in the phone book in the yellow pages titled delivery

Stupid asses, they will go ahead with it, without a doubt. Even after the study proves they'll likely lose business and piss a few pple off in the process. *sigh*
    Like we need more inaccessable crap stuffed in that area!
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. *Dr Seuss*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information