Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What should we do??

Question What should we do??

Ok so I just need to vent....rarely do I do this but it is erking me and if I dont vent I may explode.....first of all....the neighbours son is calling my daughter mean and derogitory names all while swearing at her....she is 9 and he is 7 and he has a very bad potty mouth, second he threw a rock and hit my daughter in the eye and in the face....I went to the boys house to talk to the mother and knocked on the door and asked to talk to her and she FREAKED OUT on me....needless to say I wasnt backing down....now I know where her son gets his potty mouth from.....anyways she has numerous more children ranging from approximately 3-12 and she lets her children run amuck on the street without watching them.....they hang out in my front yard wrestling and fooling around in the flower beds my husband just built for me.....also my neighbour next door almost hit one of these said children with his truck because one of them came darting out of no where...thanks goodness those of us that live on this street have enough sense to drive slowly but my concern is that one of them gets hit....who do I call because I cannot talk to the mother and she is so defensive you cannot have a conversation with her.....I would hate to see a child hurt because the mother or father couldnt be bothered to watch them.....I am outside with my daughter and my other neighbour is outside with her kids....but we feel as though we are a babysitting service for the neighbour up the street....what should we do???

Default Re: What should we do??

Just by chance would this street be off Kerr drive

Talk to the father? Maybe he has more brains,,

Call the police station and see what they suggest. bullying is bullying, doesn't matter what age. If he doesn't get reined in now, there is a very good chance he is going to turn out to be a very big bully later.
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Peety View Post
    Talk to the father? Maybe he has more brains,,
    That's usually the case..................
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    That's usually the case..................
    Oops. LOL..
    Bubba just think what the kid will be like at 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Call the police station and see what they suggest. bullying is bullying, doesn't matter what age. If he doesn't get reined in now, there is a very good chance he is going to turn out to be a very big bully later.
    assult,,, is what happened to your child,,, call the cops!! and if it doesn't stop, keep calling,,, again, and again,,,, your kids might say that you are making things worse, but eventually the cops will put an end to it. it is their job!

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    assult,,, is what happened to your child,,, call the cops!! and if it doesn't stop, keep calling,,, again, and again,,,, your kids might say that you are making things worse, but eventually the cops will put an end to it. it is their job!
    I agree.....call the cops.
    MagicFingers

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    I agree.....call the cops.

That's ridiculous...cops can't do anything to children ....it's the parents job. Wake up people and take some responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Macs II View Post
    That's ridiculous...cops can't do anything to children ....it's the parents job. Wake up people and take some responsibility
    yes, actually they do. Now with the bullying movement they do a lot more than you think. At his age talking to a police officer can do a lot to scare the pants off of him. Obviously, not guaranteed to get help but they are doing it quite often now.
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

if the kids aren't being properly supervised and you feel they are a threat or are in danger call CAS. when an incident happens, call the police and make sure there is a report made. kids can be charged too if need be and who knows, maybe they will see if mom is up to something while they are there, or at least the family will become known to the police for future referance. other than that, i don't know....give the kid a time out?
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    if the kids aren't being properly supervised and you feel they are a threat or are in danger call CAS. when an incident happens, call the police and make sure there is a report made. kids can be charged too if need be and who knows, maybe they will see if mom is up to something while they are there, or at least the family will become known to the police for future referance. other than that, i don't know....give the kid a time out?

I just love todays young parents ....no wonder so many kids turn out screwed up

IMHO

Too bad there is not a test which you must pass to become a parent. We have too many kids having kids.

Yes call the police. The parents are responsible, any trouble an under ager gets into, it's the parents who are held accountable. Trespassing and assault are grounds to call the police. They will probably just go and talk to the parents, to let them know the seriousness of the situation, and tell them to keep a tighter rein on their kids. If that fails, and they are out of control, (and if the parents/mother isn't receptive to communication) I would call CAS. I had a neighbour who let her kid run wild, but he listened to me when I told him to behave. But I seemed to do a lot of free babysitting during the summer months, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Too bad there is not a test which you must pass to become a parent. We have too many kids having kids.
    Agreed!

actually, my first instinct would be to find the kid and smack him in the back of the head and tell him if he touches my kid again he's gonna get it. but since that is illegal and not worth having cas come take my kids over, the next best thing to do would be to follow the 'proper' steps that society has laid out for these situations. the first of those would be to talk to the parent which the op did and got nowhere, the next is to involve someone who can do something about it.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

What would you suggest Macs?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes View Post
    actually, my first instinct would be to find the kid and smack him in the back of the head and tell him if he touches my kid again he's gonna get it. but since that is illegal and not worth having cas come take my kids over, the next best thing to do would be to follow the 'proper' steps that society has laid out for these situations. the first of those would be to talk to the parent which the op did and got nowhere, the next is to involve someone who can do something about it.
    Haha ya really, who would have thought that there is a legal procedure to these things and who also would have thought that giving the kid a good smack wouldn't result in assault and child abuse charges and a CAS investigation within your home! I guess all of us young parents need to start smacking other people's kids around to get what we want. Sweet, I wonder if people would think of us better then?

Yoiu know what's funny?

With all of this talk about "young parents" I am gonna bet that most of the "older" parents on here had their kids in their early 20's.

And for the record, I am 31 and having baby number one and consider myself to be "young"

To the OP... I would involve the police. Seems the mom sucks at her job, and beating is not an option (anymore), so perhaps a visit from someone in authority would scare the kid. You would hope anyway.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information