Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Shaw Extreme Speed

  1. #21
    Senior Member Andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    300 meg
    Quote Originally Posted by 8th member View Post
    Andre do you have a cap on downloads?
    300 gig
    Last edited by Andre; 06-02-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typo

  2. #22
    Senior Member 8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,918

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    OK Thanks

  3. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,251

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    lets ask the soonet gods?
    Are you going too get a response faster with your 25meg connection than I am with my 7meg
    That is not the point nor the reason to have high download speeds.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  4. #24
    Senior Member Andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    That is not the point nor the reason to have high download speeds.
    ok
    I can get the newest movie out there in 15 minutes and you can in 5.
    I can do it all day. []You can do it 3 or 4 times.
    What's your point?

  5. #25
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,251

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    I will try to explain with an example.
    I share my connection with multiple devices inside my home. I can stream a movie to my tv while my son plays a game on a laptop and my wife downloads songs from Itunes. If all goes well each connection will have limited delays and the overall experience of speed will be that of a high speed connection.

    If I would do the exact same thing limiting my WAN connection from 25 to 7 Mbps, each device would start to show noticeable delays, my movie might start to stutter, my wife will start to complain the tv is slowing her laptop down and my son will have his game start to lag.

    What I use my connection for is to much of an average load for a 7 Mbps profile. The only solution is a higher speed profile.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  6. #26
    Senior Member Andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    therin goes the argument.
    I'm talking about me, and my connection.
    <y family or others who take advantage to that is another

  7. #27
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,251

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    And this is also my connection.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  8. #28
    Senior Member Andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    6,370

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    A quick search of you says you a are a retired male with no offspring in you residence.

    I'm often wrong.
    Please correct me

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,251

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    You are wrong.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  10. #30
    Senior Member 1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,788

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    ok
    I can get the newest movie out there in 15 minutes and you can in 5.
    I can do it all day. []You can do it 3 or 4 times.
    What's your point?
    His point is that you kept arguing the fact of the speed. You asked to justify, and he did.
    ....................

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    In that box on the corner ...i have a laptop jacked into your house
    Posts
    6,147

    Default Re: Shaw Extreme Speed

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I will try to explain with an example.
    I share my connection with multiple devices inside my home. I can stream a movie to my tv while my son plays a game on a laptop and my wife downloads songs from Itunes. If all goes well each connection will have limited delays and the overall experience of speed will be that of a high speed connection.

    If I would do the exact same thing limiting my WAN connection from 25 to 7 Mbps, each device would start to show noticeable delays, my movie might start to stutter, my wife will start to complain the tv is slowing her laptop down and my son will have his game start to lag.

    What I use my connection for is to much of an average load for a 7 Mbps profile. The only solution is a higher speed profile.
    yeah the person gaming will still suffer bad ping rates ... but still functional and yeah im in the same boat ...
    The world is so beautiful i hurt.
    If you look closely, you can see beauty in everything.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts