Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SHAW phone

Default SHAW phone

As much as I like SHAW .....during this power outage my phone went dead after an hour or so ..modem went off line >back up battery dead, never made one phone call . I'm going back to BELL at least I know I will have a working phone...since I have no cell phone. SHAW internet is the best but the phone sucks

Default Re: SHAW phone

Our Shaw phone worked through out the power loss....I wonder what the difference is?

Quote Originally Posted by nightingale View Post
    Our Shaw phone worked through out the power loss....I wonder what the difference is?
    I don't know ....mine was ok for an hour or so and after that it was dead ..modem went off line ...as soon as the power came back on ..it was ok again ...but for 5 hours I had no phone

Banned

My phone is through Shaw and worked. Do you have a wireless phone that was working fine but after it died could not recharge when put it back on the base.... Because of the power outage?

We didn't have any phone either. Both wireless and tghe one on the jack all were off. When we had bell it did the same thing.

Banned

Oh well I didn't make or receive any calls. The phone didn't ring which is what should happen when nobody calls. Therefore I concluded that it works.

I have shaw (wall mount phone) and mine worked perfectly throughout the power outage

Banned

Okkkkkkkk!!! I don't have shaw are you happy.

I have shaw phone, cable and internet - left Bell over 7 years ago...will not go back

So you are gonna switch from Shaw back to Bell because of something that was entirely not Shaw's fault? Have you maybe considered calling them and inquiring as to why is only lasted a short amount of time? Maybe the battery is defective. Seems kind of unjust to me
    <insert witty comment here>

our phones didn't work until 9, we have shaw, there was no dial tone not sure I want to keep the shaw phone now.

Cordless home phones won't work in a power outage. I have one with a cord to use just in case of power failures. I was thinking of switching my phone to Shaw. They have a $99 bundle for cable, phone and internet. That is cheaper than what I pay for cable and internet.

Banned

Crying about running back to bell is like when a kid gets in trouble with dad and screams "I'm going to live with mom!!!"..... Turns out mom is abusive and has random men sleep over all the time and drinks way too much. A day after the tantrum the little hellion wonders why in Gods name they left Dad.

Just a followup on this kid, she got in with the wrong crowd and started on heavy drugs. She, like her mom enjoyed the company of older men, leaving her with several kids with no father. Well, um fathers I should say. She will end up meeting the man of her dreams, but thanks to her depression medication she only had nightmares so the man of her dreams isn't too good, although his inmates thought highly of him.

I,m going to pay bell $40 a month again instead of shaw $25 because power outages happen so many times.

If you are talking about a phone that plugs into a actual phone jack, Not cordless it should of worked unless the battery back up is pooched in your phone modem for shaw, I have a vista 350 working on our shaw line, our cordless phones however say searching on them..

I myself love the service have had it since it came.... and there service just keeps getting better and better... You could not pay me to go back to bell...

Bell has one service that we use as its where my husbands corporate plan is for his cell service and Knock on wood never have had a problem..

in the last 3 yrs our home phone has maybe been down 3 times and they have called prior to any interuption..

Kudos to shaw for kick butt service...

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    So you are gonna switch from Shaw back to Bell because of something that was entirely not Shaw's fault? Have you maybe considered calling them and inquiring as to why is only lasted a short amount of time? Maybe the battery is defective. Seems kind of unjust to me
    Well if Shaw supplies equipment that they boast will work when a power failure occurs then who else we gonna blame lol

Quote Originally Posted by ssmarie View Post
    I have shaw phone, cable and internet - left Bell over 7 years ago...will not go back
    I have all 3 with Shaw also, just switched everything over to them last month.
    I was gettign so sick & tired of Bells BS it wasn't funny....my neighbour and I had the same stuff etc and our bills were never the same...lol...and now Ive got a better deal with Shaw for all 3 than I did with Bell.

Will NEVER go back to Bell again either (I was a customer of theirs for 6yrs)

I have a shaw phone as well, and my service stayed on through the whole power outage. Obviously my cordless phones wouldn't work, but my one corded phone was fine all night.

I would never get Shaw phone ever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA View Post
    I would never get Shaw phone ever.
    I think it's safe to say Shaw would never want you as a customer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information