Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why Is It Older People With The Signs??

Question Why Is It Older People With The Signs??

Why is it always the old people that are walking around with the Abortion signs at the hospital?

Why isnt there never any young people? Most of the people I see are between the ages of 50-65 approx., doesnt that seem odd to you? And also its usually men I see not women....

So what are they saying that only older people are against Abortion?!

Maybe if there was some younger people out there then less women would get abortions.....

What are your thoughts on this?

And on another note, I didnt even realize that Abortions were done in the Sault. I thought the closest places to get them was either London or Toronto...

Banned

Default Re: Why Is It Older People With The Signs??

Young people are either at school or working. Older people are retired and have time to go hold signs. When they have that event all down Great Northern Road on a Saturday, there are a zillion young people.

I usually don't go near there on the weekends unless one of my younger ones are sick and then it seems its always at night...

Your answer makes sense its just that I thought it weird that I never see younger people...lol...

I chaulk it up to older people have nothing better to do than to put their noses in other people's business and they have not accepted that today's society is much different than when they were young. I usually tell them to get a life specially when they are outside the hospital.
    MagicFingers

I usually tell them to get a life specially when they are outside the hospital.
    And that is exactly what they are doing. What is better than saving a life? Whilst women inside are losing the lives of their unborn babies.
    Being different from how things "used to be" is not necessarily better or wiser. On this issue, definitely not!
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Point is we don't know why they have made that choice nor is it our business, making them feel guilty doesn't help the situation and making them feel guilty for something they otherwise might not have been able to help/prevent doesn't take the problem away and even if these people managed to change the womans mind are they gonna be the ones helping out with said baby don't think so.....so they need to move on to other issues. Them protesting isn't going to change anything and only shows their own ignorance. If they want to truly help a woman make a different choice then do something other than shaming, education, mental, physical financial support would prove to be a more beneficial option for everyone.
    MagicFingers

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    And that is exactly what they are doing. What is better than saving a life? Whilst women inside are losing the lives of their unborn babies.
    Being different from how things "used to be" is not necessarily better or wiser. On this issue, definitely not!
    I am also against alcoholic parents yet you dont see me outside the beer store with a sign asking them if they bought all the groceries their children need before they came. I just hope and pray that those people make the "right" decision in the end because I DONT MATTER. WHAT I THINK DOESNT MATTER. Just hope they do what is right and shut your effin trap.
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I am also against alcoholic parents yet you dont see me outside the beer store with a sign asking them if they bought all the groceries their children need before they came. I just hope and pray that those people make the "right" decision in the end because I DONT MATTER. WHAT I THINK DOESNT MATTER. Just hope they do what is right and shut your effin trap.
    *presses like button*
    <insert witty comment here>

Flowing with the current is easy.
    I find that "Shut your effin trap" is such an effective argument.
    Overwhelming, actually.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

Presses like button as well +1
    MagicFingers

This is gonna turn into another pro-life/pro-choice thread and its getting as tiresome as the welfare threads. Nobody but the woman has the ability to decide whether or not she will keep the child. No other person can decide that for her and no other person should try. Should her religious beliefs lead her down a certain path is to be debated. It is nobody's business whether a woman has an abortion whether it be for the right or wrong reasons. Hopefully she will choose adoption but it is her given right to choose abortion until it becomes illegal.
    <insert witty comment here>

older people have different values and beliefs than younger people - there was not a lot of choice in the past and now there is and the older people don't see that as that is not how they were raised

I would also assume most youth have no interest in being ridiculed by their friends or classmates. I agree with Dragonfly, I don't agree with the alcoholics going into the beer store, but I'm not going to picket there about it. One of the first feminist women to fight for the right to vote did not believe in abortion, thinking it was not a choice, not a real choice (kinda like those choices that say you can shoot yourself or you can drown yourself...not a real choice)-more of society forcing women into situations and lack of education or protection etc.

So though I'm younger than 50, younger than 30, I wouldn't hold up a sign...bc it would make no change. It's better to work behind the scenes helping to develope better ideas for education, or creating new opportunities for women who feel trapped, etc....if I were going to bother those might be the things I'd look into. I'm not a judgemental person, so I would want to help not hurt with guilt.
    When I was born I was so surprised I didnít talk for a year and a half.

hmmm.....something Ive noticed about people against abortion is that they say instead of abortion, put the baby up for adoption when he/she is born...

These people must NEVER have carried a child through the whole pregnancy and then put it up for adoption after.

Its ALOT HARDER to do that than you seem to think...Im speaking from experience by the way! its hard to give up a child for adoption after youve felt it move and carried it to 9mths (more or less).....

Im not for or against abortion, but I believe that it should be up to the woman (and man if theres one involved) if they have an abortion or not.

Especially if the child or woman will die, or also too if the woman is older, and perhaps not in her best health to be having a child at her age.

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post
    hmmm.....something Ive noticed about people against abortion is that they say instead of abortion, put the baby up for adoption when he/she is born...

These people must NEVER have carried a child through the whole pregnancy and then put it up for adoption after.

Its ALOT HARDER to do that than you seem to think...Im speaking from experience by the way! its hard to give up a child for adoption after youve felt it move and carried it to 9mths (more or less).....

Im not for or against abortion, but I believe that it should be up to the woman (and man if theres one involved) if they have an abortion or not.

Especially if the child or woman will die, or also too if the woman is older, and perhaps not in her best health to be having a child at her age.
    Abortions carry more psychological and emotional and often physical damage than does deciding to adopt their child out. A baby is difficult to give away and I respect every female who has done that for the life of thei child. I wouldn't have my sibling without people like this, who are willing to give up nine months of their own life in order to give someone else a chance to live too. Though abortion is emotionally difficult and painful, the guilt and depression that killing the fetus has on females is devastating by comparison. By all means, have freedom of choice- but killing is never an actual choice. Most abortions happen from social pressures, fears,stigma, poverty etc... it doesn't happen because a person is financially stable, happy, and living life to the fullest. There's always a social aspect that society is neglecting to give us women, when they should..Having all options for life and to live is a real choice. It's just sad that society places women at the end of their rope
    Last edited by GreyWolf; 06-14-2011 at 12:32 PM.

1340 Great Northern Rd, in the Frontier Village next to the Trading Post

I have spent quite a bit of time writing a comment and then deleting it......so this is what I am left with..................................Shove the signs up their ass and quit harrassesing innocent people, pregnant or not.

I do not need to be reminded of their beliefs everytime I drive down the road or need to attend the hospital. It should be my right to go to the hospital without having their believes shoved down my throat....so if they want to shove it down my throat, why not shove the signs up their ass?

There, I did it, now I will not look at this thread anymore. It's unfortunate I even found it in the first place. Have a great sun-shiney day!

Sadly, most of the people protesting are likely Christians who are against birthcontrol and are probably a big part of the stigma and social pressures that happen to pregnant females, especially young ones...so frankly I'd see most sign holders as being part of the reason a statistical few need to walk into the clinic for an abortion in the first place. They really aren't doing anything productive.

I know a couple of the people in the protest line (because I am closer to their age). From what I can see, the protest is partially driven by the Baptist religion ideals. This would explain the prominence of men in the line, and the older people as well.

If it is at all possible, I am a supporter of pro-choice, while at the same time being against abortion. I firmly believe in a persons right to make choices for themselves that impact on their lives. No one else lives in their body 24/7, and at the end of the day, the individual must live with the decisions they have made.

That being said, I see the need for abortion for medical reasons that include life-threatening to the mother, born with a strong chance of debilitating disease, and as the result of rape. All other choices for abortion are based on a very selfish decision. I think that the majority of abortions are based on the later. If a woman wants to participate in the actions that result in pregnancy, then suck it up and live with the consequences. Because you are too young (old enough to bleed, old enough to breed), to poor, or just find a baby to inconvenient to your life at this moment; it is a pretty weak and selfish excuse for an abortion.

Although I have the views I have on abortion, I would never try to stand in the way of a person making this choice. A person choosing abortion will have enough guilt to carry in years to come, whether they want to admit it or not. In the end, it is their choice, not ours.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

In that box on the corner ...i have a laptop jacked into your house

they allow abortions that way when the girl is older and wants a baby they cant due to screwed up insides ... small part of population control ..
    The world is so beautiful i hurt.
    If you look closely, you can see beauty in everything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post
    Why is it always the old people that are walking around with the Abortion signs at the hospital?

Why isnt there never any young people? Most of the people I see are between the ages of 50-65 approx., doesnt that seem odd to you? And also its usually men I see not women....

So what are they saying that only older people are against Abortion?!

Maybe if there was some younger people out there then less women would get abortions.....

What are your thoughts on this?

And on another note, I didnt even realize that Abortions were done in the Sault. I thought the closest places to get them was either London or Toronto...
    “If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information