Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fireworks at Whitefish Island.. are they still going on tonight?

Default Fireworks at Whitefish Island.. are they still going on tonight?

There are supposed to be fireworks tonight at Whitefish Island.. but with the weather the way it is, anyone know if it's still happening?

Default Re: Fireworks at Whitefish Island.. are they still going on tonight?

I love going there to take photo, having fireworks there seems like a horrible idea tho lol. Won't that disrupt all the wildlife there? I know people have said birds and such have dropped dead from heart attacks..? Is it actually in that location?

I don't have any information about the fireworks on Whitefish Island tonight. But it's pretty hard to light fireworks in the rain.

Yes, there was an ad in the Sault Star last night mentioning the fireworks for National Aboriginal Day. I don't know if they will be fired off Whitefish Island, or maybe off the barge they fire off the Canada Day fireworks, but the entertainment is at Whitefish Island.

I'd like to go if it were a nicer night, and I knew the fireworks were not going to harm any animals with the noise. It made me kinda wonder how fireworks was a good idea though on that spot lol..but no biggy

Batchewana First Nation cancelled their fireworks at Whitefish Island but Garden River is still setting off their fireworks tonight at 10 by Point Charles.

This reminded me of something i learned today, because there are so many beavers at Whitefish. I love going there at dusk and dawn to get em on camera

Anyhow, I learned that in the 17th century, Catholics declared beavers to be fish. So when you are tired of eating the same ol thing during lent.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post

Anyhow, I learned that in the 17th century, Catholics declared beavers to be fish.
    My god, this site never stops...

The RCC did not say a beaver was a fish. It said beaver was OK during lent for the people in French Canada, seeing as beaver made up such a huge staple of their diet at the lenten time of the year.

It's just suppose dto be humour- It's fact. They did "declare" it a fish. It's funny. It had historical purpose and it makes sense, but it's still worth a giggle and it's not important to be so defensive. Jesus had a sense of humour too!
    Last edited by Larimar; 06-21-2011 at 10:42 PM.

If it helps you feel betters, in Japan they declared rabbits to be birds for much the same reason, this made me giggle too.

I heard fireworks in the downtown area; not sure from where though cause I was feeding the baby and couldn't get up to look.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

How is your baby doing?

She's doing really well. Such a sweetheart! Gotta get the kids over to meet her.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

When do we get celebrations for being canadian, a day off, you know where i am going with this ?
    Cukoo for Cocoa Puffs

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski View Post
    When do we get celebrations for being canadian, a day off, you know where i am going with this ?
    Quit trollin' Lebowski. It really makes you look bad.

Happy Aboriginal Day all!

sitting in a rocking chair in the good ole Soo

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski View Post
    July 1st.
    For the beauty of the earth,
    For the beauty of the skies...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information