Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gros Cap

Default Gros Cap

I took a ride out to Gros Cap a couple weeks ago, and came back with a number of photos that I'm very happy with. I haven't posted much lately, so I thought I'd share a a few of them here.

Superior Stones:

Shoreline Sky

Beneath Superior's Surface

Feel free to check out my Flickr photostream at http://www.flickr.com/bjotoole

Default Re: Gros Cap

Very Nice!

Really nice I love taking photos and was wondering where you got the foxes? I tried at whitefish but only ever get his butt lol.
    When I was born I was so surprised I didnít talk for a year and a half.

Mimi - Thank you
    Grey_Wolf - All my fox photos are from the Soo Canal, using a friends Nikon 200-400mm f/4 lens. Having the extra reach definitely helps.

Quote Originally Posted by botoole View Post
    Mimi - Thank you
    Grey_Wolf - All my fox photos are from the Soo Canal, using a friends Nikon 200-400mm f/4 lens. Having the extra reach definitely helps.
    Nice cam!

So that would be somewhere similar as whitefish? I'm using a canon 30D with a sigma 70-200 f2.8 It would be nice to have more zooooom lol..I normally see the fox in the morning on a trail, and then he scoots into the bush. I wish I knew where he goes regularly lol.

i think those gros cap photos are just wonderful. gotta go look at the rest now, check for new ones...

edited to add: 2 cool abandoned mines close by, jardin or jardun and tribag. probablly need a 4 wheeler. oh, and the drive along the batchewanna river in the fall going into tribag is breathtaking.

you take incredible photos. they are the photos that i wish i could take/make.
    Last edited by kitca; 07-04-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    Nice cam!

So that would be somewhere similar as whitefish? I'm using a canon 30D with a sigma 70-200 f2.8 It would be nice to have more zooooom lol..I normally see the fox in the morning on a trail, and then he scoots into the bush. I wish I knew where he goes regularly lol.
    Not quite on the Island... Just by the old house at the Locks. I haven't been back there in a number of weeks, but I hear that there isn't much activity at that den anymore. I heard there were a few other dens around there, and on the Island, but no idea where.

My normal lens is the Nikon 70-200 f/2.8, and I'm finding it a little short for natural wildlife shots. After using my friend's 200-400 f/4, I'm definitely interested in adding one to my collection (eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    i think those gros cap photos are just wonderful. gotta go look at the rest now, check for new ones...

edited to add: 2 cool abandoned mines close by, jardin or jardun and tribag. probablly need a 4 wheeler. oh, and the drive along the batchewanna river in the fall going into tribag is breathtaking.

you take incredible photos. they are the photos that i wish i could take/make.
    Thanks kitca. I wish I had a 4-wheeler, as there are so many crazy places to visit that I just can't get to. There's a few places up in the Batchewana area that I've been wanting to visit, including the falls along Tribag, as well as Batchewana Mountain. Perhaps this fall. Thanks again.

great pics, i haven't seen much at the fox den in quite a few weeks.

If you find another please tell me hehe.
    I'd love to just watch a fox.

you can drive to the falls along the tribag road, they are only a few miles in and the road is good enough. put it on your list to do, you wont be disappointed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information