Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions on buying a tablet

Default Suggestions on buying a tablet

I'm thinking about getting a tablet and I'm curious to see what other people are using?

So any suggestions?

Default Re: Suggestions on buying a tablet

ya...get a netbook instead

you mean those things with a 2 hour battery life and enough processing power to barely function as a calculator?

Not sure which tablet your talking about.... my samsung tablet lasts me longer than a netbook with better functionality than a netbook. Tegra2 based tablets absolutly mop the floor with any netbook out there. IVe spent a lot of money trying to find the perfect mobile solution especially since im never at home for more than a couple of weeks at a time.

Netbooks are made of cheap materials to keep costs down, and they suffer the same problem laptops do - overheating due to insufficient cooling and dust build up. Id love to see a netbook playback 1080p videos, let alone do it for more than 20 min. Not to mention the outright gutless IGP in netbooks.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information