Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Obstetrician Question??? For The Women......

Hybrid View

Smile Obstetrician Question??? For The Women......

Ok so Ive got a question for the women on here.

Who is a good Obstetrician in the Soo?
    I know theres Dr.Hergott, Dr. Zehr, Dr. Gupta, Dr. Amimi and Dr. Fam

So who would you recommend out of the above???
    And why???

I had one of the Doctors above before (Im not going to mention who)....and Im just looking to see who would recommend who.....

Thanks

Default Re: Obstetrician Question??? For The Women......

Dr. Hergott delivered my youngest grandaughter. Everything went well, although it was an uncomplicated pregnancy.

All except Dr. Amimi. I have heard many horror stories about her, some being very close to me and have seen first hand. In both my pregnancies I had Dr. Zehr as my primary doctor and had Fam and Gupta at points throughout including deliveries and loved all 3 of them a lot. I never had Hergott but I have heard great things about him as well
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

We had doctor Hergott for our daughter and he was great. Dr, Amimi and Dr Zehr are friends of the family and they are nice people. I cant say anything about them professionally. Dr Amimi I heard from friends is awesome. I have heard good things about Dr. Fam.

Ok now my next question is where are there offices close to?
    I know Hergott is still across from the Plummer....

But something a little closer to where Im located, so I don't have to travel all the way (or close to it) across town would be nice...lol....

And thanks for the answers btw....

Why not a mid-wife??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Why not a mid-wife??
    I had a midwife and due to complications had to be transferred to ob care. Not everyone is able to have them you know...

Get out of our woman thread. :P
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Ive never actually of that before....hmmmm......

Maybe I'll look into it, get more info etc...

My other pregnancies were all with an OB or a family Doctor, but I don't have either.....

Where or who would I call to get more info about a mid-wife?

Ok I have had a lot of issues with two ectopic pregnancies and some fertility issues so I can tell you a little.

Dr.Zehre was my doctor at the time I had my first ectopic but we didn't know that was what it was and while in emerg I saw the regular emerg doctors who consulted with both Zehre and Amimi at different times. I also had a doctor in emerg that was from Ottawa he comes to town every 3 weeks or so he was also very good. No issues

With my second ectopic it was Dr. Fam who diagnosed and made the initial treatment and she was amazing, I have friends who have had her and love her. Unfortunately there were complications after I was released and my tube ruptured still as the medication did not work as it was supposed to. I was rushed by ambulance and had almost bled to death.....Dr Hergot treated me at the hospital that day and did emergency surgery to remove my tube and he was amazing. I had a panic attack amongst everything else and he sat with me and explained and reassured me that he wouldn't remove anything but my ruptured tube. While he was fixing me up he even took pics to show me my ovaries, and tube and the ectopic pregnancy to reassure me that I still had my ovaries and other tube. He was super amazing.

During my third pregnancy for which I have my beautiful boy....My doctor was dr Zehre, After 4 days of labor at home and then going itno the hospital and lots of monitoring Dr. Amimi explained my situation and let my husband and I decide what we wanted and we chose Csection and she was absolutely right. She is a kind, wonderful down to earth amazing person. She explains things to you in lamens terms so you understand she gives you the options, the is friendly and when she talks to you or does anything it feels like you have known her all your life. Absolutely loved her. As much as I love Zehre because without her I wouldn't have my beautiful boy if I had a choice I would choose Dr. Amimi.

As for the midwives you can call but they will do an assessment and see if you qualify...IE your not high risk etc. Based on age, history, weight, health.

However you don't really get to choose who your doctor will be as I was hard pressed for Dr Zehre to take me back as a patient to get pregnant a second time after only a year of not seeing her. Said she wasn't taking new patients. I tried Fam, Grupta, and Amimi and was told the same thing.
    MagicFingers

Wow!! Thanks for all the info Magic!!

So in other words Im gonna be hoping for Dr. Zehr then?

I just want a good doctor considering that Im over 35 and it gets a little touch and go then (or at least thats what ive heard..lol..) but considering the fact that Im healthy etc....I should be ok...

And so far the only thing thats really bothered me is that pretty much EVERYTHING I eat makes me feel nauseous...lol...I don't get sick though, which really sucks, because then Id feel way better.....

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post
    Wow!! Thanks for all the info Magic!!

I just want a good doctor considering that Im over 35 and it gets a little touch and go then (or at least thats what ive heard..lol..) but considering the fact that Im healthy etc....I should be ok...

And so far the only thing thats really bothered me is that pretty much EVERYTHING I eat makes me feel nauseous...lol...I don't get sick though, which really sucks, because then Id feel way better.....
    Im 36 was 35 when I had my son....trying to get pregnant again and I have zehre. I love her, again without her I wouldn't ave my boy.
    MagicFingers

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post

I ll send you a pm.

Oh, I wish I had the energy today to type out my opinion. lol

Zehr - NEVER...EVER...EVER ugh.
    Hergott - Bad bedside manner but fantastic doctor... especially if you need a c-section
    Amimi - Wonderful woman and very patient during delivery
    Fam - Had no experience with her but have heard she can be quite rude
    Gupta - No experience and haven't heard anything

Oh ya, and WOW!!!!! Congratulations! lol

Quote Originally Posted by BrAt View Post
    Oh, I wish I had the energy today to type out my opinion. lol

Zehr - NEVER...EVER...EVER ugh.
    Hergott - Bad bedside manner but fantastic doctor... especially if you need a c-section
    Amimi - Wonderful woman and very patient during delivery
    Fam - Had no experience with her but have heard she can be quite rude
    Gupta - No experience and haven't heard anything

Oh ya, and WOW!!!!! Congratulations! lol
    Hergots bedside manner was amazing, he was wonderful with me.
    MagicFingers

Sent you a PM Brat

Got 'em and replied.

During my pregnancy with my daughter we ended up having a few complications so I did get to know a couple of the OB's. Dr. Fam is wonderful, she was my primary care provider. If you want someone who kinda lets nature do it's thing (unless problems arise) then Fam is for you. Dr. Amimi is also fabulous. She's too the point but has a very kind way of going about things. I absolutely can't tolerate Dr. Zehr, she was awful to deal with. Her bedside manner was very uncomfortable and I just didn't have a good experience with her. Dr. Hergott ended up delivering my daughter. He's a great doctor but again has no bedside manner. I'm one of those people that deals with pain through humour and he just wasn't good at that, other then the bed side manner he was a good doctor. Hope that helps, and good luck!

For my first, I had a fabulous doctor that is no longer practicing here, Dr. Olupona. So when I got pregnant the second time, I decided to go with a female doctor. Had Dr. Zehr and I did not like her one bit. My son would come to my appointments and he thought the NP was the actual doctor. I think I spent maybe an hour speaking with her throughout my pregnancy. She actually gave me heck about gaining 5 lbs in a week at the end of term and kept asking why my BP was so high. Thankfully she didn't do the delivery and I had an out of town doctor. My son was born with only mecconium around him, little to no water left. Not breathing....doctor was actually upset afterwards saying that all those signs were missed by Zehr and was an indication he should have been born earlier. I was released without seeing Zehr and at my six week checkup still didn't see her.
    So for my last pregnancy I went with Amimi and she was fabulous. Great with my kids and myself. She did regular ultrasounds to make sure that my baby didn't get as big as the second one. She found an ovarian cyst and ended up doing surgery later on. She delivered my daughter and I had issues afterwards and she was right there for me. If I am ever in need of an OB/GYN, she will be my first request.
    My only suggestion, if you see someone and you don't feel comfortable, look for someone else.

The only downside in all of this would be the actual delivery. Unless it's a planned induction/csection with your OB.. you get who ever is on call. So you can deal with the best doctor throughout your pregnancy (which is a huge must.. I know!).. but doesn't guarantee you get that doctor for delivery.

I've had 4 babies! My oldest I had Dr. Crookston .. this was in 99 when he was still delivering babies, so I had him throughout pregnancy & called in for delivery... he's great!
    My other 3 I had Dr. Zehr as my Ob/Gyn and I had no problems with her.. although like goodasgold said.. you spend more time with her NP Julie, then you do with her. Which in my opinion.. having Dr. Zehr (or even Dr. Fam) is worth it just to have Julie... she is AMAZING.. if only she would be a full fledged ob/gyn & deliver babies. However.. for each of my deliveries, I had a different doctor.

I had a miscarriage & required a D&C..Zehr was on call and she had the manner that she was upset that I interrupted her weekend.. but she did a great job.

My son I had Dr. Hergott.... absolutely hated him. (Although I'm sure he's the one you want if something goes wrong!!)... I understand he was busy the night my son was born.. but I required a lot of stitches.. thanks to him... so he froze me.. went & delivered a baby.. then stitched me up when half the freezing wore off.. telling me to "suck it up you just delivered a baby" .. umm yeah okay...

My 3rd I had Dr. Farrell.. I think he's from London.. Best delivery ever! He didn't take me off the Gas to deliver her.. so my body did all the work.. not one tear or stitch! He was nice...

My 4th.. I had Dr. Amimi... although she failed to break my water when I went in for induction.. she was great. LIke many others said.. she is too the point, but in a kind way. Speaks to you so you understand everything going on.. I had to have an emergency C-Section.. and by the time she noticed I needed that.. it was over in less than 1/2 hour... she stayed my "doctor" in the hospital as Zehr was away & even had me to her office to get my staples out. I loved her the most.. and kicked myself for never requesting her as my OB/GYN.

Not sure if this information helps at all..just giving my opinion I'd go Amimi all the way!
    "If bein lost means never knowing how it feels without you, I wanna stay lost forever" - Faith Hill

[QUOTE=Punkin;666702]
    My other 3 I had Dr. Zehr as my Ob/Gyn and I had no problems with her.. although like goodasgold said.. you spend more time with her NP Julie, then you do with her. Which in my opinion.. having Dr. Zehr (or even Dr. Fam) is worth it just to have Julie... she is AMAZING.. if only she would be a full fledged ob/gyn & deliver babies. However.. for each of my deliveries, I had a different doctor.

Julie is no longer practicing here. She was my NP. I got a letter in the mail about 6-7 months ago telling me she was leaving town and I now have a new doctor . Her name is Dr.Kris O-something.lol Cant pronounce or spell her last name . I loved Julie she was great.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information