Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Obstetrician Question??? For The Women......

Default Re: Obstetrician Question??? For The Women......

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post

So in other words Im gonna be hoping for Dr. Zehr then?
    I ll send you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    My 3rd I had Dr. Farrell.. I think he's from London.. Best delivery ever! He didn't take me off the Gas to deliver her.. so my body did all the work.. not one tear or stitch! He was nice...
    Nope he is from Ottawa.. Queensway Carleton Hospital to be exact. I have had him as well.
    MagicFingers

I myself had Dr Zehr as a young girl.. and I loved her then, Then when It come time to have kids I did not even hesitate to go to her..

She delivered 1 out of my 3, My first she was there for and fantastic, My second I had Dr Victory, OHHHHHH yummy.. and my 3rd the nurse delivered...

I had to deal with Dr fam a few times, I did not like her,

I also delt with Dr ammi when Dr Zehr was on holidays as I had my tubes tied and got pregnant again and did not know what to do, I called all obgyn offices to get an answer and She was the only one to offer advice, so I have nothing bad to say about her as she saved my life aswell as my sons.

From a guys point of view. My wife had Fam for all of her pregnancies. She was really involved with me as well asking my opinion on things and I really liked that. She was great with my wife who had complications during and after delivery. She can be a little upfront at times but she knows what she is doing.
    Racing is not a sport, it's a lifestyle.

icecapp, I had Dr. Victory for the delivery of my son as well. Didn't you find him to be an ass? lol I did not like him AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by BrAt View Post
    icecapp, I had Dr. Victory for the delivery of my son as well. Didn't you find him to be an ass? lol I did not like him AT ALL.
    He was fantastic with me, I wish I would of had him for all my deliverys.. he kinda had a sick sense of humor, much like myself.. lol maybe thats why I got along with him.. but on a serious note.. he was fantastic, and did not fruck around with my hypertenstion(sp) I had 3 brutal pragnacys....

Congrats Candy!!!!!!!
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Ok Im getting really sick and tired of waiting for the darn blood test results!!
    I went and got them done last Monday morning and was told that they'd be in by Wednesday....

I called Dr.Hergotts office Monday late afternoon and they still hadnt recieved anything....but said thay should recieve them the next day; I still hadnt heard anything from them by Thursday afternoon so I called the Life Labs and the guy I spoke to on the phone said that the results had already been sent away to the Dr.s

So I was calling and calling today and it was constantly busy..I finally got through and the secretary said that nope there was nothing there at all!! She told me to call back tomorrow.....

I don't ever remember getting the run around before for any of my pregnancies.....I hope I don't have to go back and get more tests done, I hate getting blood taken

Quote Originally Posted by everywoman View Post
    Congrats Candy!!!!!!!
    Thanks

I have had Dr. Amimi since I was 16 yrs old. I cannot have children but deal with her for other issues. She is so patient and makes you feel extremely comfortable. She will explain things in great detail if that is what you need. I have had two surgeries with her and she helped me relax because i was so scared lol. I know a few other people who have had or for their pregnancies or for issues and they have had nothing but good things to say about her. I have never heard anything negative. Don't know any of the others so can't offer an opinion there. However each person will like or get along better with one dr based on your personality. Congrats on your pregnancy!

blueeyed girl for the Congrats!!

Well today I called Dr.hergotts office AGAIN to see if they had my results in and...................Its official

My due date is February 11/2012 We still havent said anything to the kids at all, and its so hard to keep my mouth shut...lol...

And we have to wait cuz my oldest is camping til Thursday *sigh*

Congratulations!!!

I've had both Hergot and Zehr, can't complain about either. With my boys it was easy pregnancies with no complications, but after being diagnosed with Diabetes in 2000 and getting pregnant in 2002 it was totally different story. Dr.Zehr and Julie were there with me the whole time, and any diabetic knows how much fun (sarcastic) it is to keep on top of your sugar levels in a normal day-to-day routine, throw some pregnancy hormones in the mix and look out!

Dr.Zehr and Julie never once ran out of patience with me, they were both awesome. I'd go to them without question if I ever had to again. Dr.Zehr is the one (IMO) to have in your corner if you have any problems/fears/whatever through your whole pregnancy. Both in the office and at the hospital she was patient, caring and helpfull to both me and the Hubby during our long association to make sure our baby girl got the chance she deserved.
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•. ¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Quote Originally Posted by HDV View Post
    Julie is no longer practicing here. She was my NP. I got a letter in the mail about 6-7 months ago telling me she was leaving town and I now have a new doctor . Her name is Dr.Kris O-something.lol Cant pronounce or spell her last name . I loved Julie she was great.
    I just returned from the doctor and JULIE is there. I actually mentioned this to the other nurses who laughed that Julie never left. Don't know who this Dr. Kris person is though. But for anyone wondering JULIE is still with the Group Health and still in the OB office.
    MagicFingers

We are talking about Julie Briglio right? I received this letter in January 201I and it says this:

Dear Patient:

Due to my expanded role in Obstetrics and gynecology I will be discontinuing my primary care practice in feb 2011.

I am pleased to relay that Dr. Kris Opryszczko has agreed to assume your care as of feb 15th 2011.

I have enjoyed managing your health care concerns and wish you good health.
    Sincerely Julie Briglio.

It goes on to explain how to fill out the patient enrollment form attached.

So if she is still there, i wonder why i received this letter from her?

I dont think primary care and what she is doing is the same thing
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

I told her about this letter and she knows nothing about it and the nurses were laughing and none of them knew anything about it. I don't doubt what you are saying but I question the source. If I were you I would call them and tell them about it, possibly bring it in because it is NOT true at all. And yes Julie Briglio is who we are talking about or me at least.
    MagicFingers

Well the letter is right from the group health center, it had a form on the back i filled out to mail in for the other doctor. It is even signed by Julie..lol I dunno maybe I will call. I dont know how they can say they know nothing about the letter, they sent it to me..lol weird.

im going to call right now and see. I ll post in a second as to what they say..lol

Ok i got it all figured out. I called and Julie is not in her office till august 3rd. Anyways I spoke to registration, read them my letter and she said that Julie did not send out the letter that registration did. Julie is strictly doing gynecology now. She use to take on the role of a family doctor but now is not. So that is why I was refereed to Kris. So her primary care practice is no longer she is just gynecology. So because I had Dr.Deluco and he lost his license, i was able to get into see Julie right way, just because. But now that she is just gynecology she figured she would refer me to Kris as my family doctor. Which is fine by me
    Oh well, least i got it all figured out. But the way the letter was wrote, it sounded like she was no longer going to be there.

I'll be honest...

Dr. Gupta was my ob for my pregnancy. She was so-so. In reality, it is Julie who does all of the work, and should deserve all of the praise. The DR. walked in, asked three questions everytime and said, "Okay... see you next week." I had to stop her to ask any questions I had, and even then, she had no clue what I was talking about. (this was in regards to my c-section and scheduling)

Dr. Hergott delivered my little girl and he was awesome! Plus, my incision is healing amazingly! In the 45 minutes I dealt with him, I very much appreciated him.

But, once again... Julie rocks!
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information