Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Obstetrician Question??? For The Women......

Default Re: Obstetrician Question??? For The Women......

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Why not a mid-wife??
    I had a midwife and due to complications had to be transferred to ob care. Not everyone is able to have them you know...

Get out of our woman thread. :P
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

[QUOTE=HDV;666747]
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    My other 3 I had Dr. Zehr as my Ob/Gyn and I had no problems with her.. although like goodasgold said.. you spend more time with her NP Julie, then you do with her. Which in my opinion.. having Dr. Zehr (or even Dr. Fam) is worth it just to have Julie... she is AMAZING.. if only she would be a full fledged ob/gyn & deliver babies. However.. for each of my deliveries, I had a different doctor.

Julie is no longer practicing here. She was my NP. I got a letter in the mail about 6-7 months ago telling me she was leaving town and I now have a new doctor . Her name is Dr.Kris O-something.lol Cant pronounce or spell her last name . I loved Julie she was great.
    Funny cause I have seen Julie practically every week since I was 20 weeks, and she looked like she was there to me.

My last appointment was with her four weeks ago. She checked me out and fawned over my baby. She is still here in town.

And now I read the rest of the thread. lol

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

Ok so we were talking last night and we both would LOVE to have a water birth!!

Do they do that here in the Soo?
    And also where can we go to get a midwife? Because were thinking of going that way maybe too.......

And my last question is if we get a midwife does Dr. Hergott still stay in the picture or ???

Thanks

If you have a midwife, they are your caregiver. They do your prenatal appointments, send you for tests and deliver your baby. Ideally, a midwife is the way to go, because when you go in labour, they are there with you the entire time until your baby is born. And, there are two of them, so once baby is born, one takes care of you, and one baby.

I had a midwife, but at about five months was switched to physician care due to complications. I was really bummed out, but my c-section experience was positive, so I am happy with the result. I am not sure if I will be allowed to next time, but I would return to a midwife.

I think with midwives too you can do water births or give birth in your home. That is not possible in the hospital.

I have no confirmed knowledge.. but I thought with the new hospital & maternity ward, they were making it possible for water births? I am probably wrong though.

Edit: I just read the new maternity program and the whirlpool baths are there for pain relief.. would've been good to have it there though..
    "If bein lost means never knowing how it feels without you, I wanna stay lost forever" - Faith Hill

Yeah, they are not to be used for birth. Only for chilling out in during labour.

Well my bathroom here at home definitely is NOT big enough to do a water birth in...lol...Our bathroom is maybe 5X5, and our tub is a clawfoot tub...

That really sucks because as this is my last baby I was so hoping to have a water birth

And who would I contact about a midwife? Or can I just ask Dr.Hergotts office about that?

Call Midwives of Algoma directly. Do it quickly because they fill up fast. They only take a certain number of people for each month. So, if you are due in Feb, they only have a certain number of spots for Feb.

A friend of mine was looking to do a water birth. You can buy a birthing tub and I am sure that the midwives would have a good reputable place to buy one from.

Thanks to both of you

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post
    Ok so we were talking last night and we both would LOVE to have a water birth!!

Do they do that here in the Soo?
    And also where can we go to get a midwife? Because were thinking of going that way maybe too.......

And my last question is if we get a midwife does Dr. Hergott still stay in the picture or ???

Thanks
    NO dr hergot will not stay in the picture. If you choose a midwife it is only a midwife unless there are complications and then they will refer you to an OB, if you have to go into the hospital you get whoever is on duty, unless your midwife goes with you. But it is one or the other not both.
    MagicFingers

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post
    Thanks to both of you
    No problem. I miss being pregnant!

I could still feel baby AND get to sleep uninterrupted. :P

I see all these posts about how when you go into labour you get the doctor on call and not your gyno. But when I went into have my daughter, when they asked who my gyno was i told them Hergott, and when I was ready to deliver they called him at home to come in. There were no complications or anything.

That isn't how it is now. When you go in to deliver you get whoever is on duty. The next day most docs do their rounds and your doctor will be in in the AM to check on you. Now you might get lucky and go in when your doc is on duty and then all is well. But really I have had them all and like them all.
    MagicFingers

If they are really busy, the doctor on call won't have the time to take care of you. My own doctor was supposed to deliver my baby, because it was a scheduled section, but they were really busy that day and as a result, Dr. Hergott came in after his office closed and did my section.

Scheduled C sections work differently then if you go into labor, if it is a natural birth and you go into the hospital you get yoru midwife unless you have complications and then you will have the doctor oncall. If you go into labor and go to the hospital you get the doctor oncall. if you have a scheduled c section that is a whole different ball game.

Doctor oncall I mean OBGYN oncall.
    MagicFingers

I am confused by what you are saying?

My section was scheduled, to be done by my ob, who was on call. However, that day was insanely busy, and I did not even see her. Instead, they had Dr. Hergott come in when his office closed to do it.

lynys, I had a c-section with my first baby too, but I opted to try for a vback for my second and was successful. Depending on the reason for your section, I highly recommend the vback for next time! It was the most amazing experience of my life! Although I have to say, the recovery was no less painful, just different.

What is a Vback?

******l birth after caesarian.

Baby was breech, but I also have a bicornuate uterus. I should have zero problems with the bicornuate, providing baby flips next time. LOL I was just riddled with complications this pregnancy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information