Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A sad morning

Default A sad morning

After driving my husband to work we had noticed that a fox had been hit by a car. So that was sad but on my way home it was worse. The cars had stopped both ways and there was the dead fox and her baby was panicking. Just kept pacing back and fourth. My heart just melted. Don't know if I'm a sap but that was a sad way to start the morning. I wish they wouldn't run out like that in front of traffic... Lets hope the baby will be ok.

Default Re: A sad morning

oh, that just breaks my heart for the baby, where abouts was it?

Right across from Algoma Tubes

oh no that is definitely heart breaking. Something like the ministry should pick the baby up so it doesn't die
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Just take it to TAAG, ..... they will spay or neuter it, give it a bath and find it a home for someone to cherish forever.

Did it ever, ever, ever occur to you that this is just one (and probably two) less animals to wreck havoc in the area on people's garbage, ..... and maybe, just maybe, spread a little less rabies to your beloved cats and dogs in the area.

You animal lovers are ridiculous in your heartbreaks over things like this, .... it's a fox, .... never an animal for sympathy that I know of, .... even in children's books.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Rabies hasn't been an issue for domestic animals in a very long time due to vet checks and vacinations. Right now a lot come into the city because of us destroying their habitat and also people who started to feed them. It's wrong to do both in my opinion. People should be preventing all animals from wanting in their yard by covering their garbage cans and perhaps not leaving them out when it isn't garbage day/morning. My parents always see one fox run into the back yard and leap over the fence, it has no reason to stay but is off to hunt rodents and rabbits- They would surely have a place to stay if their wasn't construction going on in his home in the woodlot they live near.

Peopel love dogs and a fox is a dog. Not only is it from the classification dog, but it also has some neat cat like qualities. So I know their charm. Many WESTERN stories are against the fox as they are wolves and other creatures they didn't understand back when fables were written. If you look into other traditions you'll find the fox represented as a God, a shapeshifter, and I believe their is a native tribe who will not hunt a fox because there's a story about them and a bobcat and cougar ridding them of evil (I think!).

I think it is sad that a kit is left alone, but hopefully it will be alright. They are raised by both parents and should b ready to leave after 7 months, they are usually born in March I think!

For photos of foxes That my bf and I took, check out my site.

www.wix.com/warbler/photography
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

I saw the dead fox this morning around 9 15am. It was up on the grass by the tree. Thats the 2nd fox to get killed in the same spot withing the past month.

[QUOTE=Larimar;666750] My parents always see one fox run into the back yard and leap over the fence, it has no reason to stay but is off to hunt rodents and rabbits- They would surely have a place to stay if their wasn't construction going on in his home in the woodlot they live near.

Do they happen to live My Rossmore road? My parents live down there and The end use to be a dead end and all bush now they ripped it all up and are building houses there. They have foxes in their backyards now. Sleeping under their deck. Had a bear last week come up on the porch and managed to open the garbage container, put his teeth right threw it to get it open. Deer too. Never realized what all lived in that little area of bush till now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    Just take it to TAAG, ..... they will spay or neuter it, give it a bath and find it a home for someone to cherish forever.

Did it ever, ever, ever occur to you that this is just one (and probably two) less animals to wreck havoc in the area on people's garbage, ..... and maybe, just maybe, spread a little less rabies to your beloved cats and dogs in the area.

You animal lovers are ridiculous in your heartbreaks over things like this, .... it's a fox, .... never an animal for sympathy that I know of, .... even in children's books.
    Do you not have an ounce of compassion ? You sure seem to be a very bitter and hateful person

[QUOTE=HDV;666753]
    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    My parents always see one fox run into the back yard and leap over the fence, it has no reason to stay but is off to hunt rodents and rabbits- They would surely have a place to stay if their wasn't construction going on in his home in the woodlot they live near.

Do they happen to live My Rossmore road? My parents live down there and The end use to be a dead end and all bush now they ripped it all up and are building houses there. They have foxes in their backyards now. Sleeping under their deck. Had a bear last week come up on the porch and managed to open the garbage container, put his teeth right threw it to get it open. Deer too. Never realized what all lived in that little area of bush till now.
    They live on Northern Ave near the college wooldlot they dug up and are changing into roads and a nursing home eventually. My grandparents had the same experience. They are in the P patch somewhere, near that store- and the homes being built...brought deer into their yard. They loved seeing the deer, but I have to wonder how we can keep tearing up their homes and leaving them with nothing. Then people want to kill them.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
    Compassion for living beings is what makes us good people.
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Huckerby View Post
    Do you not have an ounce of compassion ? You sure seem to be a very bitter and hateful person
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy.D View Post
    If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
    Compassion for living beings is what makes us good people.
    Compassion has nothing to do with it. I will have compassion for the young child who gets bit by a fox, .... rabid or not. I will feel compassion for the homeowner who has to continually pick up after the fox tearing up their garbage. I will feel compassion for the driver who is injured (or at least suffers vehicle damage) because their instinct was to swerve to miss a fox and they ended up off the road.

I do not feel compassion for an animal that should be in the bush hunting rabbits. It is the ridiculous animal lovers that encourage our tolerance of these wild animals regardless of their affect on us. Instead of giving lip service, do something to prevent them from entering the city, .... our realm.

To Craig, ... I am neither bitter or hateful, .... in fact, quite the opposite, just practical.

To Joy D., .... this is the second time you have told me I have no right to post on this BBS. I think it is you who needs some sensitivity training sweety.

I do not feel compassion for an animal that should be in the bush hunting rabbits.
    umm...we keep tearing out their homes....so they wander into our "territory"....pretty easy concept to grasp I thought
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    umm...we keep tearing out their homes....so they wander into our "territory"....pretty easy concept to grasp I thought
    Mmmm, ... lets see, .... when we were defending the bear issue, it was we humans that were wrong because we were invading their territory and getting attacked, .... it was our fault. Now, it seems the fox has ever right to enter the cities and raise havoc with our lives, and yet we must tolerate them.

Google the words "concept" and "hypocrite", and see if you can come up with a more logical response.

Bears is the same issue. If we stopped developing in the bushes that they live in, they wouldn't be forced to come here. I agree, they shouldn't want to stay but us humans are dummies and keep our garbage out and feed them so they decide to stay, but they only came here because they had no home and found out out that we can keep them living comfortably. Of course they stay, we give them easy food.

PS: I never said we had to tolerate them but we don't need to let the baby left behind to starve to death either

Handyman, to put it in perspective, the animals were here long before we were. So it is US , humans that are forcing these creatures out . That's always been the problem. For some reason some humans , like yourself think you have a right to be wherever you want and nature can piss off. Doesn't work that way and never will.

Handyman, to put it in perspective, the animals were here long before we were. So it is US , humans that are forcing these creatures out . That's always been the problem. For some reason some humans , like yourself think you have a right to be wherever you want and nature can piss off. Doesn't work that way and never will.
    well said.

you are one scary dude!
    neutering stops the need for euthanizing

News flash Craig, .... we are the Alpha animal. We go where ever we want because we can, and nature can piss off. We (my kind) are not out to get "nature", but when it interferes with our lives, something has got to give, .... and it sure won't be us.

I live as rural as anyone in Sault Ste. Marie possibly can live. I see moose, deer, bears, raccoons, fox, rabbits, cranes, heron, partridge, squirrels, beaver, and coyote on almost a daily basis. I co-exist quite comfortably with them where I live, and don't go out of my way to harm or harass them. We have a raccoon that eats out of our compost pile every day while we stand beside it, .... better the raccoon than some bear the way we look at it.

My point is, I am not an animal/nature hater, as many might want to make me out to be. That having been said, I also have no unfounded love for nature or animals. The animal huggers out there may be willing to let "nature" get in the way of their lives, but I don't carry that sentiment. If I want to cut down a tree to make a trail or for firewood, I don't give a rat's a$$ that it is home to a family squirrels. If beavers build a dam that is flooding my property, .... goodbye beaver dam. If a bear/raccoon/coyote/fox/etc. is dumping my blue box garbage all over the yard every Friday morning, just say I won't let it happen twice.

I'll grant the fact you know the media business Craig, but when it comes to living in the great outdoors, ....unless you live it, don't profess to know "how nature works".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information