Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet Cremation

drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open...

Default Pet Cremation

My mothers dog died this morning and she wants to have him cremated, anyone know what places do this? I have already tried google and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Default Re: Pet Cremation

i believe across the river at the vets, would have to call. check the yellow pages for michigan vets.
    dr. gunam sends the body out of town and it gets returned. (canadian side vets have to send to peterborough at least that is where mine were sent)
    neutering stops the need for euthanizing

Animal Kingdom 906-635-1200, crematorium, 305 W. 3 Mile, sault ste. marie, michigan
    Chippewa Animal Clinic, on-site cremations, 906-635-5814, 1554 E. 3 Mile road, sault ste. marie, michigan
    neutering stops the need for euthanizing

we went through sault animal hospital across the river,

I'm unsure, but I do know yoiu can have them buried or placed (both cremated and not) at St. Joe's Island Pet Cemetary.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

My Canadian vet sends them away to New Liskard(sp) to have them cremated. It takes a 4-6 weeks to get them back. Price depends on whether or not you want your pet done by themselves or if you want to have the "discount" of having them cremated with other pets. I never understood why anyone would want mixed ashes but I guess if people want to save a bit of money.

Call her vet and ask, they have all the information. Just let them know that the pet went at home and you'd like to know what your options are.
    When we had to say good bye to Harry during the winter, we chose to have him cremated. The entire cost of euthanasia and cremation ran me about $600. Having him returned to me so he can sit on the shelf was worth every penny.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

My vet ANimal Kingdom cremates. I also know Northland animal hospital here but it is almost double the price compared to across the river.
    MagicFingers

Quote Originally Posted by A*lil*Loopy View Post
    My Canadian vet sends them away to New Liskard(sp) to have them cremated. It takes a 4-6 weeks to get them back. Price depends on whether or not you want your pet done by themselves or if you want to have the "discount" of having them cremated with other pets. I never understood why anyone would want mixed ashes but I guess if people want to save a bit of money.

Call her vet and ask, they have all the information. Just let them know that the pet went at home and you'd like to know what your options are.
    When we had to say good bye to Harry during the winter, we chose to have him cremated. The entire cost of euthanasia and cremation ran me about $600. Having him returned to me so he can sit on the shelf was worth every penny.
    Discounts to be cremated with other animals? That's...disturbing to me.
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open...

Thanks everyone!

Does anyone know if the New Pet Cremation place in the Soo is open. Someone said they have a sign up, but I have not found any info online. It is at Black Rd and McNabb St. at the area where the travel trailers were stored.

The new Pet Cremation place in the Soo is called Paws to Remember - 822 McNabb St. I got a message back after calling the phone number and they plan to open at the end of January 2013.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information