Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone going across the river today?

Default Anyone going across the river today?

I need paint but the paint I need is only sold at walmart in the US and I cannot cross because our wallets were stolen out of our car with our ID in them. I really want to get my living room painted so am hoping that someone is crossing and I could give you the money and paint chip and you could pick up the paint from walmart. Please pm me or call 943-5600 if you are crossing and I would be forever in your debt

Default Re: Anyone going across the river today?

No I expect someone going for gas or milk can bring back a $20 gallon of paint which I do not expect anyone to smuggle because that is stupid and illegal but rather claim and I pay the duty on. But thanks for your stupid comment which you clearly put no thought into.

sitting in a rocking chair in the good ole Soo

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Do you really expect someone will smuggle paint back for you...or add to thier already hefty spending in Soo Michigan???
    Must be the heat making you cranky. Or it has fried the memory cells in your brain. Otherwise you would remember that Soonetters help other Soonetters out......sometimes in the most astonishing ways. In fact, this is one of the smaller requests.

As for "Do you really expect someone will smuggle paint back for you" nonsense..... WTH? Don't see anything in the OP that asks someone to smuggle. We go over once a month to get stuff that is either not available here or that is a lot less $ than for the exact same thing on this side. Eg.-vitamins and other supplements. We've brought back as much as $220 between the two of us, we are always honest when the customs personnel ask about purchases and in 4 years have got sent in to pay duties/taxes exactly once.

I'm not sure where your hostility over this request comes from but if something this small is ticking you off, maybe you need a nap or a cool shower or something.

chase_me, hope you had success. Would have answered if I had seen it and we were going over in the near future. Have fun painting.....although why anybody would be doing that kind of thing in this weather is beyond me!!!!!
    For the beauty of the earth,
    For the beauty of the skies...

kudo's karenannie! people here really do help. i certainly would if i was going across, its no big deal. im so sorry you had your wallets and id's stolen.

I will be going accross this evening or early morning; do you still need the paint? message me

Wish I would have seen this I do still need the paint big guy, thank you KA for your post I really appreciate it and did think I cuold post here for help because soonetters are usually helpful unless someone has pissed in their cornflakes lol

sent you a pm

back at you

Chase_me, we will likely be heading over sometime within the next couple of weeks. Should you still need the paint, we would be more than happy to pick it up for you. I will send you a message before we go. We definitely have no problem picking it up!!

Great post Karen annie!! Kudos to you. It's too bad the obvious had to be stated outright, but I am happy to see that you did it! =)
    "The challenge of the path of joy is to create freedom. True joy comes from operating with Inner-Directedness and recognizing who you are." - Sanaya Roman

There are meds for that
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

Banned

Do you really expect someone will smuggle paint back for you...or add to thier already hefty spending in Soo Michigan???
    Was your previous name on soonet 7UP?

Oh...get over yourselves. My point is that when I go across I spend quite a bit of money and would not have enough "room" left for other peoples stuff. I would not expect someone to push the limit and perhaps have to pay duty because of me picking up paint. I am glad to see that so many others are small time spenders over there and have the room for paint. So go ahead...hit me with the wet noodle again. I am learning that if you say anything that is not in total agreement with some folks...expect to get crapped on. Thats ok...I have very broad shoulders....SHOOT !!!!
    Most times when we go across we are bringing back anywhere between $200 and $300 worth of merchandise, if not more. And, yes, we claim every penny of it too. We would still pick the paint up if it meant that it was helping someone else out. There are far worse things that can happen to us in a day than having to go in and pay duty on merchandise purchased out of the country. Seriously, I don't see the big deal. So you wouldn't do it .... why bother to respond in this thread then?

You get back what you put out into the world - maybe a little something for you to remember. You obviously put out negativity and thus you got it back; no big surprise there. If reading that someone is asking another individual for some help is the worst thing that happens in your day, then you are having a pretty darn good day.
    "The challenge of the path of joy is to create freedom. True joy comes from operating with Inner-Directedness and recognizing who you are." - Sanaya Roman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    It appears that the uncola had a momentary lapse in judgment..
    Noodles and craps away!! LOL
    Cooked or uncooked noodles? If cooked, are they freshly out of the water? If not cooked are the the hard instant ones or the fresh soft ones. Last thing are they whole wheat noodles? I want to know if it's going to be a good-fer-ya type beating. So many options.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    We'll go with fresh out of the water, whole wheat noodles, dipped in baby diarrhea.
    That really adds a new dimension to noodle whippings.

Wheens the best time to go across on a wed pm? I was thinking between 8-10pm, what do you guys think?

That is the perfect time. Stay away from the bridge between 5-7!
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information