Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laptop advice

Cool Laptop advice

I am looking for a new laptop and there are alot of options out there. Was wondering what people thought of the AMD quad cores as opposed to the Intel I3, I5, I7 lineup. Should I be looking for a dedicated video card or is onboard enough. I want to surf the net, watch movies and play WOW online with it. I will be buying it from Futureshop in the next couple of weeks so any deals that you see there that are good please give me a heads up. Much appreciated. Also I want it to be a 17 " model. I found this one

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...25334b1946en02

Default Re: Laptop advice

I can't believe that none of the computer guru's on here have an opinion on what is better for laptops

Well, as you said there are a lot of options out there. it really all depends on what you want to do with it and what you expect from it.
    The bottleneck for gaming these days is the GPU, and memory also plays a role. But so can hd speed and access times.
    For movies screen size, picture quality, resolution and color reproduction play a big role. GPU not so much.
    Then you also have to decide on things like blue ray playback capability/burning, native required screen resolution, keyboard layout, sound reproduction, IO connectivity, size, weight, expand-ability, reliability, battery life etc...

It really depends on what you mostly use it for.
    i5 2500K at 4.9 Ghz, H100, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition, 2 x 8GB Hyper X Fury, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

Personal experiance has taught me to scrap laptops altogether. Too much maintainence to keep a laptop running optimal , stick it out with a tablet. The acer win 7 and honeycomb tablets are spectacular mobile units.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information