Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hub Trail, have you checked it out yet?

Default The Hub Trail, have you checked it out yet?

We've been taking the kids cycling on the new hub trail, we love it so far. People are walking, cycling, jogging, etc and everyone seems to be repsecting each other for the most part by allowing other to pass, moving off to the side to chit/chat and whatnot.

We enjoy being in the bush so this trail is great the way it cuts through the bush, bridges are tad high for someone who has this dam heights issue but otherwise they seem pretty safe.

Here's to hoping we can keep it the way it is, so everyone can enjoy it it for years to come!

For those walking with dogs, please remember to bring/use you doggy-doo bags. thanks ever so much!.

Last edited by Xzavia; 08-12-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

Default Re: The Hub Trail, have you checked it out yet?

♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

which part of the trail is that?
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

I've been down the hub trail last summer that went from the woodlot area to the P patch area. It was nice. but a lot of up hill on the way back.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    which part of the trail is that?
    Looks like in the fort creek portion.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

I haven't been to fort creek in years. Is the whole trail connected now? Can you start at specific spot and end up eventually in the same spot? I dont know how this works.
    My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

Ditto, details please...
    - Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Thanks, DQ, it does appear to be pretty much finished off. That is neat

You can follow the trail from Fort Creek right through to 3rd line, but then have to turn around and come back. There's quite a few access points along the way, it's paved... nice and wide. A nice walk and what an amazing view from the bridges. As for the other trails, haven't been on them in years!
    I'm amused by stupid people. It's better than cable and it's FREE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JKnxdk View Post
    You can follow the trail from Fort Creek right through to 3rd line, but then have to turn around and come back. There's quite a few access points along the way, it's paved... nice and wide. A nice walk and what an amazing view from the bridges. As for the other trails, haven't been on them in years!
    No, I don't think so.

You'll find a path paved (besides the sidewalk) heading east on the south side of Third Line. It goes over to the parking lot of the hospital, and in the south east corner of that, a pathe through to Tarentorous School.

Not sure from there, except Old Garden River Road is paved wide on the west side.

From there, not sure, but the path begins for sure at the east end of Northern Avenue, and ends up at Finn Hill.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Oh, yeah, they could sure use better signage for it.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

my hubby and daughter have done it a few times, but its not marked well at all. lots of places are larger sidewalks and and the road too. it takes them about an hour and a half to do the whole thing on bikes going pretty hard at it. it would take me days, i like to stop and smell the roses along the way, plus im not in shape! but the section in ft. creek is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Oh, yeah, they could sure use better signage for it.
    it's in the works

You don't have to go out to Third Line or turn around. There is a hiking path that you can take that will loop you all the way back around to the big hill and back to the parking lot. You have to be willing to hike it though and the terrain isn't the greatest. We actually just came home from doing this. It was really fun.
    "The challenge of the path of joy is to create freedom. True joy comes from operating with Inner-Directedness and recognizing who you are." - Sanaya Roman

I have yet to go out because baby has kept me pretty close to home. I would love to go cycle it. I know next summer, we will absolutely be making the trek daily if I have my way. :P
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    No, I don't think so.

You'll find a path paved (besides the sidewalk) heading east on the south side of Third Line. It goes over to the parking lot of the hospital, and in the south east corner of that, a pathe through to Tarentorous School.

Not sure from there, except Old Garden River Road is paved wide on the west side.

From there, not sure, but the path begins for sure at the east end of Northern Avenue, and ends up at Finn Hill.
    When we went with our kids we walked right out to 3rd line and that's where it ended, a little hard to tell where to go from that point if you've never been on it before with all the construction right there. We know about the other hub trails around which I'm sure a some point will all join up.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlue View Post
    You don't have to go out to Third Line or turn around. There is a hiking path that you can take that will loop you all the way back around to the big hill and back to the parking lot. You have to be willing to hike it though and the terrain isn't the greatest. We actually just came home from doing this. It was really fun.
    My husband and I both wanted to try the other trails there but we won't take our kids with us, they're still quite young and if they're anything like what I remember from years ago... not such a good idea for them.

My husband and I both wanted to try the other trails there but we won't take our kids with us, they're still quite young and if they're anything like what I remember from years ago... not such a good idea for them.
    A friend of ours was with us and had her 3 year old with her, as well as her dog. The trails aren't too bad. There are quite a few hills, but nothing that is overwhelming. With a little guidance and monitoring, the little guy did amazing! Great fun was had by all!

If you do decide to go on the hiking trails, make sure you have a copy or picture of the map - it can get confusing!
    "The challenge of the path of joy is to create freedom. True joy comes from operating with Inner-Directedness and recognizing who you are." - Sanaya Roman

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information