Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Tylenol

Getting warmed up...

Default Re: Tylenol

What is the "problem" exactly (not being antagonistic..but it would help to know even if it's just general).

Since the episode is so severe, then why the problem with getting an appointment with your doctor? (or is it the "Soo thing...lack of doctors/no time thing). Any Doctor would surely recognize a patient in distress.

I have some left over Vicodin (I think it's the generic) from when I had a bad toothache, if I lived near you Tippi I would share!! lol!! I'll probably flush them eventually anyways.

I have nerve damage which causes even air on my skin to hurt. So you can imagine what it's like to even put on clothing. You ever see a grown women cry just because she has to put clothes on? Not pretty.

As for seeing the doctor....ummmm unless you have on hell of a bad doctor that no one wants to see then yes it's hard to get in. I should be able to see him this week or at least that's what I'm hoping for. That's why I was looking for alternatives to hold me over until I can get in to see him instead of running down to the emerg.. If I can find something other then percs then wonderful. I really don't care at this point.
    Dogs Have Owners ~ Cats Have Staff

OH and I don't know why you needed help knowing what the problem was but thought I would enlighten you a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sienna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have some left over Vicodin (I think it's the generic) from when I had a bad toothache, if I lived near you Tippi I would share!! lol!! I'll probably flush them eventually anyways. </div></div>

Thanks Sienna can you email me them? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] j/k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sienna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have some left over Vicodin (I think it's the generic) from when I had a bad toothache, if I lived near you Tippi I would share!! lol!! I'll probably flush them eventually anyways. </div></div>

Thanks Sienna can you email me them? [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img] j/k </div></div>

lol!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif[/img]

Getting warmed up...

Drug deal? Here on Soonet? Unheard of!

Getting warmed up...

Well I'll be darned. There's money to be made on this Crime Stoppers thing!

And wow...don't the cops have some IP addresses to go on now!

I'm already spending the bucks....

Bearly, it seems you are doing a wonderful job of telling her what NOT to do, and how you think she should NOT deal with the problem (no medical explenation, just an obsession you seem to have) Why don't you try offering her some ideas of what she could DO because, frankly, you are not being helpfull.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Thank you DQ!

When an individual has pain severe enough for a doctor to perscribe Perc's or Oxy whatever you want to call them, there is a serious issue.

In many cases like Tippi's there is no quick answer or cure for her condition. If there was another medication that would take her pain away, the doctor would have given it to her.

I know in my case I went through the gammit of meds before I ever got the Oxy's prescribed. I was very concerned about becoming addicted to them and had discussed it with my doctor prior to ever taking them. He indicated that there was NO other medication that I could take for my level of pain that would help me that didn't have addictive qualities. He stressed that I needed them, and that if/when I didn't then we would take me off of them. I took myself off WITHOUT withdrawl symptoms. Why did I not become addicted to them? I don't know, maybe it was because when my pain started to subside I took them only when it was absolutley necessary - JUST LIKE TIPPI IS!

I know that many people are addicted to Oxy and many require treatment for thier addiction, however not everyone who takes them becomes addicted to them.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Any time Tippy [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]
    MaO3, I have experienced simmilar things, I find in my experience some people get addicted more easier than others to certain things. I can only chalk it up as "everybody's body reacts differently"
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

I agree 100% DQ I think that there are addictive personalities and those individuals would be/could be addicted after the 1st one.
    I however am not one of those personalities, neither is Tippi.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information