Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battlefield 3 Open Beta

Default Battlefield 3 Open Beta

Is anyone partaking in the open beta for BF3? What are your thoughts? I got a couple games in this afternoon on the 360 but now there seems to be EA connection issues, so i'm on soonet lol

Senior Member Nihilistic Heathen's Avatar

Default Re: Battlefield 3 Open Beta

I tried it out on PC, I don't care for origin, I already have a steam account don't need another similar application running. The battlelog, which I really hope they get rid of or implement within the game .exe itself, I don't like. I just have a really bad feeling about launching a game through a browser addon, I imagine someone is going to find a way to exploit this. Not to mention I don't want 2 addition applications running in the background in addition to the game.exe itself. I would rather the resources be free for the game itself, but enough ranting about battlelog, I could go on though. Like how come I can log into ea's websites, and origin but I can no longer access battlelog because I use special char's in my password?

As far as gameplay is concerned, I was really hoping to play the 64 player conquest map but it has a password and was stuck playing rush mode, which I really don't care for. Not to mention I kept loosing connection about 10 min's into gameplay. To be fair the graphic's were nice, and the little bit I played I did have fun except for the fact that I was getting owned due to not knowing the map very well. Also didn't help getting killed while trying to adjust my settings which you have to do while you are in a map.

Other than that I'm still looking forward to playing BF3, can't wait really. LOL
    One can be a true believer in anything: psychic ability, Christianity or, as Bertrand Russell classically suggested (with irony), in the fact there is a teapot orbiting the earth. I could believe any of those things with total conviction. But my conviction doesn't make them true. Indeed, it is something of an insult to the very truth I might hold dear to say that something is true just because I believe it is. ~Derren Brown

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information