Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about local bands

Default Question about local bands

Can anybody give me the names of local bands, and maybe rate just ok, good or excellent for them. I would like to know the name of the bands and the type of music they play. Looking to hire, but do not know any of the local bands. Any help or advice would be awesome.
    thanks in advance
    Cat Slave 101, The opinions I express, are my own and are not in any way affiliated with any Volunteer Position, or Employed Position I hold. Please, spay an neuter your pets, and help with population control.

Default Re: Question about local bands

I agree...

Local musicians no longer use soonet as a communication tool because of the harshness on here and how everybody is faceless when it comes to making rude comments. Everyone now uses Facebook to keep in touch with fans and fellow musicians and there's much less bashing or no bashing on there because everyone's identities are revealed. The best thing to do is either check out their facebook pages or go and check them out for yourself because one person's opinion for a good band differs from the next.

A new forum is needed for musicians ... perhaps a new type of site.

I'm sorry, but the "Musician's Wanted (Sault Ste Marie)" thing on Facebook just doesn't cut it and there's too much garbage going through it to always want to be a part of it. At least in a forum we can choose what we view and what we can completely disregard.

That being said there are no proper discussions on Facebook without threads.

A forum that uses Facebook identities might be the solution.

need a new forum for sure...a good start is no user names or at least ascociate user names with actual real names. it's too easy to hide behind a user name and bash away at people. i've always practiced the fine art of "don't say anything behind peoples backs or behind a user name that you would not say to their face" . works for me. i think you would see more posts and confidence in the forum.
    please don't think that i feel all posts should be positive. bashing and sarcasm is part of a forum. but don't hide behind a username.
    never had a negative experience here....just going on what others have said to me
    and with that being said.....when you starting up a new forum dixie?

There is a Sault Ste Marie photography website that I look at occsionally. http://saultphotography.forumotion.com/

When I read the comments about Sault ste Marie needing some sort of musicians website I went to the photogrpahy site to see how it was set up. It looks like it is a forum based website that was created for free from http://www.forumotion.com/

I just thought I would pass this on.

The forum is already here. Unfortunately, when it was started, a few posters came on with an " I'm the greatest and you suck! " attitude which resulted in a bunch of ego-bashing and personal attacks which drove everybody else away. we just need people to come back and use it for what it was intended - a place for friendly discussions on the local music scene, helpful hints about gear, sound, etc.

We don't need a new forum - just well intentioned and helpful musicians to develop a renewed interest in this one.

i agree with you somewhat. i know that in a perfect world we can discuss sunshine and lollipops but occasionally a good debate and or disagreement does happen . my only beef as stated previously is that everyone gets pretty brave when posting behind a user name. accountability would solve that ...as well as most of the childish bashing. difference of opinions is a very important part of a forum. can't lose that . we may be beyond fixing this forum...all my buddies refuse to visit this place anymore. just my opinion

Accountability would be easy to fix - Let me start - I will send a PM to any musician who requests it, telling them who I am.

If everyone in the Musician forum did that, anyone who gets off on idiotic, stupid, character bashing, will have to just stay in the Soapbox forum if they want to remain anonymous.

Damn straight!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information