Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: b-12 shots

Default Re: b-12 shots

My initial post was trying to make the point that unless you actually have a DIAGNOSED B12 deficiency, you will not benefit from the B12 injections as you will just pee it out. The naturopathic doctor gives an injection comprised of B1 and B6, not B12. B12 injections are specifically for people who are unable to absorb B12 through their food intake, or who are taking medications that interfere with the absorption of B12. For example, many of my diabetic patients require B12 injections because of oral medications that they take for diabetes. MagicFingers is correct in saying that B12 does not help you to lose weight, but it can give you more energy, thereby allowing you to be more active. Once again, though, if you are not B12 deficient (diagnosed with a simple blood test), the injections will not be beneficial. Also, Magicfingers, if you are unable to absorb B12 through your food, that is the reason that the sublingual B12 is not beneficial to you. B12 is absorbed in the stomach, so if you have a problem with absorption, the best route of getting the B12 is through injection.

Yep hence why after my stomach surgery i was to get the b12 injections but now i try to take the sublingual because i have no family doctor and not going to the hospital to get it and well just not sure I can do it myself. Hoping that maybe even if i get a little benefit it would be better then no. But I never felt like it made a difference so I have stopped. But now I have to start something. Going to the walk in clinic today to see if there is anything I can do.
    MagicFingers

Have you registered for the new Nurse Practitioner Clinic. I know it will take a while for them to get through all the people who have indicated an interest, but just wondering if you had made contact with them?

no i hadnt' but i will.
    MagicFingers

I have a b12 deficiency and do my own shots. I work steady nights, and it's a pain in the butt to get myself to an injection clinic for the sake of a 30 second procedure that I can do myself. My nurse practitioner is aware that I'm doing this. I get a little freaked out each time I inject, but it's only cause I psych myself out at the thought of the needle. The actual injection isn't bad at all.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by everywoman View Post
    I have a b12 deficiency and do my own shots. I work steady nights, and it's a pain in the butt to get myself to an injection clinic for the sake of a 30 second procedure that I can do myself. My nurse practitioner is aware that I'm doing this. I get a little freaked out each time I inject, but it's only cause I psych myself out at the thought of the needle. The actual injection isn't bad at all.
    Oh Oh, now you are in big, big trouble...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information