Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Default BioShock

Anyone try out the demo? I've played through it 3 times now and its freakin amazing. The graphics are just awesome and it has more atmosphere to it then anything I've played to date. I was going to just download it for PC but it was great on the 360 with the 52" HDTV and sofa with the lights out so I'll be buying it day 1 if I can find a copy. Never been so pumped for a game.
    No Quirky Message For Ju

Default Re: BioShock

downloading demo, looking forward to it
    i have like 72 in credit at blockbuster, was thinking about using it for this game

I'm downloading the demo at the moment, figured I'd try it out even though I don't know anything about the game and haven't seen a single screen shot.

On the topic of demos, anyone try Eternal Sonata? If you like RPG's, and can afford a new 360 game...try the demo out. Awesome!

Stranglehold is good too, but only a rental I'd say.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

ya definitely gonna rent Stranglehold for a play thru
    i tried Blue Dragon demo, and couldnt get into it, only because I've lost my interest in RPGs. I dunno, FF7 was and maybe still is one of my favourite games, I just can't invest the time into them, tho they still are the greatest at story telling

Yeah Eternal Sonata was pretty good. I really digged the battle system and art direction. I'm prolly gonna pick the game up second hand or something.

I can't believe you've never heard of Bioshock. It's basically the successor to System Shock 2 which is still held as one of the greatest FPS of all time. Other then crysis (which I won't include because it used DX10) it's pretty much the best looking game we've seen. One could argue gears looked a little better, but seeing how they are both built on the UE3 engine the art direction and attention to detail makes this game #1 in my book.

And who woulda thought it's fun as hell too! Remember in the full game there will be alot more freeroaming and it won't be as linear as the demo was. With 70 Plasmids the recipe for destruction in this game is going to be endless and I doubt that any 2 players are going to experience this game the same way.

All the reviews out so far have given it 9/10 and some 10/10 I think were looking at "Game of The Year" unless Mass Effect and Halo 3 live up to the hype, cause this game sure as hell delivered.
    No Quirky Message For Ju

I didn't say I've never heard of BioShock. Tons of people have been talking about it for months, I just never got into the conversations.

Anyway, I just finished the demo... graphics are top-notch, very impressive, gameplay seems solid, smooth controls, and stunning sound. Overall, it's a great demo. As for the final game, it's not a game I'd ever buy, but I'll give it a rental from work to get a few achievement points.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

Played this game demo and have to agree with Apple it is not a game i would buy, but i maybe rent it to play for some points is all.

Default Bioshock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the really bewildering thing about it: it succeeds so stunningly on three different fronts. Not esoteric ones, either, these are the big challenges developers have been struggling to master for decades: narrative, emergence, a sense of place. If another game did just one of these as well as BioShock, it would immediately qualify as a classic. When a game comes along that does all three, we can only be baffled and thankful. </div></div>

Default Re: Bioshock

You realize there's already a thread discussing BioShock, correct? Great game, but not really the type I enjoy...wasn't thrilled with the demo.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

Yes i saw that too Apple.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes i saw that too Apple.</div></div>

Quit replying with pointless lines just to up your post count.
    Asus P5Q Pro
    4GB Mushkin XP
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    WD 640GB SATA2 (x2)
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Premium

s saw some screenshots of the game and it looks like to my liking, hopefully.
    That's what she said !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes i saw that too Apple.</div></div>

Quit replying with pointless lines just to up your post count.</div></div>

Well ok how about this one, take your own advice for once as no one else cares about it, expecially me.

i was just gonna rent, but now i'm undecided
    to rent or to buy...

Me too as i played it again and i seem to like it a little more the second time round, maybe i may buy it, but want to see more extensive people reviews before i do.

its getting almost perfect on reviews. IGN gave it 9.6 on 360

and 1 up gave it perfect.

I just did not like the "swinging pipe wrench" as it reminded me of to many other games, like HL and HL2 and a few others. I like the Bio Shock though it is cool, but reminds me of HL2 and a few other games as well, not original ideas.

That's what she said !

link that screen please.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A dark and astonishing masterpiece...I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. BioShock has five. </div></div>

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information