Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 120

Thread: Time Theft........or texting at work?

  1. #61
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    First rule of business: The customer is always right!!
    Yah... in 1909....
    http://positivesharing.com/2006/07/w...tomer-service/
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  2. #62
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Suffice it to say, and we can agree to disagree.
    I think you are exaggerating heavily.
    Actually not at all. Tonight I went to a place for a sandwich and there was no manager there (so I couldn't ask to speak with anyone in charge) and all the staff was chatting. There was no customers being served (staff even stopped to talk while in drive thru it was really bad actually) and when I finally got my meal to bring home it wasn't even mine. I couldn't eat it because it had meat and I couldn't complain to a manager because they claimed there wasn't one there. 5 bucks went into the garbage.

    You can think all you want that customers as a majority are self centered (pricks you call them?) but the reality is that at places like restaurants customers are for the most part dealing with many teenagers trying to make money for fun. In fact most teens have fast food jobs and since they do not rely on this for their income and survival they do not always take the work seriously.That is not every person..and I know many responsible people in these positions..but you get to deal with a whole lot of teens at times who don't really care if they get fired or not and they do a terrible job with customers. People should learn to do their jobs. I am not in the least exaggerating and I have a ton of stories like this where people who serve me are incompetent. Another time I got my meal without a bag or wrapping! And I asked for it and did it myself-even though that's not the policy of the store. I even asked for a bag and the wax paper for the sandwich a few times and they looked at me puzzled. i don't know how these people get hired!

    If you think that's exaggerating...so be it...Rose coloured glasses for you I suppose.

    At least I realize there are bad customers and when you say they exist I'm not telling you how its exaggerated! Sorry to say but customer service in the Soo also at times in certain places sucks.
    Last edited by Larimar; 12-22-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

  3. #63
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Actually not at all. Tonight I went to a place for a sandwich and there was no manager there (so I couldn't ask to speak with anyone in charge) and all the staff was chatting. There was no customers being served (staff even stopped to talk while in drive thru) and when I finally got my meal to bring home it wasn't even mine (I'm sure most people would just eat it but I'm vegetarian and that's 6 bucks down the toilet. Too late at night to bother getting my money back, can't eat it , and leaving in the morning for a trip so can't do a thing about my loss but call and complain to some staff who thinks I'm being "self centered" more than likely).

    You can think all you want that customers as a majority are self centered (pricks you call them?) but the reality is that at places like restaurants customers are for the most part dealing with teens and I can bet I know which age group is self centered. People should learn to do their jobs. I am not in the least exaggerating and I have a ton of stories like this where people who serve me are incompetent. Another time I got my meal without a bag or wrapping! And I asked for it and did it myself-even though that's not the policy of the store. I even asked for a bag and the wax paper for the sandwich a few times and they looked at me puzzled. i don't know how these people get hired!

    If you think that's exaggerating...so be it...Rose coloured glasses for you I suppose.

    At least I realize there are bad customers and when you say they exist I'm not telling you how its exaggerated! Sorry to say but customer service in the Soo also sucks.
    Funny, out of all the times I have been treated as a customer, I can count on one hand how many times I have had not "terrible" but I would say unsatisfactory service.... I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky... Or not a self entitled prick. I don't know you, so I don't know if you are, or if you are unlucky, or if you are prone to huge amounts of over-exaggeration.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  4. #64
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    You always seemed so kind to me when I was paying my bill... Now my feelings are hurt.
    Oh I can do "nice"
    Perhaps you are one of those customers I don't hate....
    You'll have to say "hi" next time
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  5. #65
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    . I spend most of my time helping people and dealing with clients. I think I know a thing or two about how people should be treated when they pay for a service. I know good customer service when I see it and I realize they make mistakes, but the companies which go out of their way to correct such a mistake will be a company I return to.
    I should definitely not of had to throw out my meal tonight while not being offered my money back (and a limited amount of time to get a new meal-which i won't get to have because I'm headed out of the Soo). Waste of money and time.

    There happens to be people out there who could use a stricter work environment. Jobs are to work. There's no reason to think you should be playing. When I have client's I turn off my phone, they get my undivided attention, I do not start to chat with another person and forget them there. I think if people can't take "working" seriously they either aren't relying on it for their income or they are taking a huge risk in thinking they won't be fired soon.

    I am not unlucky nor exaggerating,. However, I am my own Boss and that tends to make you have a different outlook on how other people who pay for your service should be treated. I remember a time when people actually took their jobs seriously. I had my own business at the age of 18-pubklished soon after- Some people grow up faster I suppose. But if you truly think staff are entitled to joke and play around while customers wait for you to finish your convo and jokes...there will come a point in time when reality will catch up.
    Last edited by Larimar; 12-22-2011 at 01:32 AM.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

  6. #66
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    . I spend most of my time helping people and dealing with clients. I think I know a thing or two about how people should be treated when they pay for a service.
    No, No you don't....
    Well, by that statement alone you are oblivious...
    You know how you think people should be treated, because you are always the customer....
    It is just like me saying I know a thing or two about how customer service people should be treated because I have worked in customer service for so long (and hardly ever having money to be a customer because lets face it, customer service pays crap, and you are treated like crap.)
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  7. #67
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    No, No you don't....
    Well, by that statement alone you are oblivious...
    You know how you think people should be treated, because you are always the customer....
    It is just like me saying I know a thing or two about how customer service people should be treated because I have worked in customer service for so long (and hardly ever having money to be a customer because lets face it, customer service pays crap, and you are treated like crap.)
    I've had my own business since I was 18 years old. Who are you to say I don't have client's and I don't help people? I'm always a customer? I think not Sir. I know a few people in customer service who take their jobs seriously and are always a pleasure. Many are not relying on this income for their survival and some therefore act like it. those people I have a problem with.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

  8. #68
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I've had my own business since I was 18 years old. Who are you to say I don't have client's and I don't help people? I'm always a customer?
    .....
    I never said any of that...
    except that you are always a customer... that, you are.
    again, privileged position.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  9. #69
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    .....
    I never said any of that...
    except that you are always a customer... that, you are.
    again, privileged position.
    How am I always a customer if I service clients? -If I am the one giving the service to a customer?
    What on Earth are you trying to say...it makes no sense.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

  10. #70
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    How am I always a customer if I service clients? -If I am the one giving the service to a customer?
    What on Earth are you trying to say...it makes no sense.
    Serving customers is an entirely different ballgame than working with clients, If you can't see that, you never will with that silver spoon you where fed with all your life in your way.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  11. #71
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Serving customers is an entirely different ballgame than working with clients, If you can't see that, you never will with that silver spoon you where fed with all your life in your way.
    Wow, silver spoon? You haven't a clue have you?
    If you keep having to make up BS to justify your position there is no reason for me to discuss this further. There's no difference between a client and a customer for this discussion. If you don't treat them right, they won't return. They pay for a service and if they don't get that service or it's done poorly they won't return.
    YOU have never been the boss or tried to put the little money you have into owning something and never had to worry about a business failing, so YOU have no clue. You lose your job after goofing off you just get a new one-it's not hard to be hired in the fast food industry. A person who owns a small shop (may be mechanics with clients) is rude to customers/clients and have no more income they will lose their livelihood.


    You make up BS to prove your point. Not unlike what you tell others not to do in other threads. Silver Spoon? How do you think I had a silver spoon in life? Presumptuous much?
    I know people in Brampton who have clients and their own business and they came to Canada with nothing. Pure poverty.
    "with that silver spoon you where fed with all your life in your way. "

    If you have an ability put it to hard work. But don't blame people who work hard to achieve their dreams by saying crap like that when you have no real clue.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

  12. #72
    IMHO
    Guest

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    wee bit off topic are we not????

  13. #73
    Senior Member 8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,918

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    wee bit off topic are we not????
    they didn't notice because they were to busy texting from work

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,974

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Where do you people shop? I am a huge fan of subway and never in my life have I had a bad experience with the people working. I can't even think of a time where I didn't get served because of chatting or texting people no matter where I have been. I have had the cash wenches talking to each other while serving me but that's fine, I am not there for conversation, I am there for a sandwich. There are people here that imply that not serving is a huge problem. Am I the luckiest person in the world or do people over exaggerate?

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,974

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a girl, who knows a guy that knows a guy who wrestles polar bears.
    Perhaps you may know somebody who can help me then. I recently had a Tables Ladders and chairs match with a polar bear named Brrrr-utas and obviously I won. The problem is now he is claiming animal cruelty. What are my options here?

  16. #76
    Senior Member WingNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lat. 46.5 Long -84.3333
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    You would be surprised.
    Customers tend to be self entitled pricks that seem to think it's all about them....
    This is why I hate customers....
    Where is your place of business, just want to know so I don't ever go there. Bet you won't answer that question!
    Have a Great Day!

  17. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,974

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by WingNut View Post
    Where is your place of business, just want to know so I don't ever go there. Bet you won't answer that question!
    I'll take that bet. He makes it no secret.

  18. #78
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by WingNut View Post
    Where is your place of business, just want to know so I don't ever go there. Bet you won't answer that question!
    I work at subway... and there are people on here that have graced me with their presence and can attest to the fact that I make damn good sandwiches and am quite pleasant, I have a job, and I do it well because I need to keep my job... That doesn't mean I have to like doing it.... But if you want to go on thinking that the person serving you at any establishment wants to do it, and seeing you is absolutely the highlight of their day... well, I got news for you...
    P.S I don't care if you do or do not come in, we are a busy store, and I am one of the best workers there, so I'm not worried about loosing any hours... not like I care how much money people spend where I work anyways...
    Hell, I don't even mind when people come in just to use the washroom.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  19. #79
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    Me - "Hi!"
    DQ - "Hmm... nope... hate you."
    Perhaps I was being a bit to general saying I hate customers... I hate most customers, mainly the self entitled pricks that think I owe them my soul for gracing me with their presence...
    SO you never know unless you say "hi"
    Last edited by dancingqueen; 12-22-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: got lazy :s
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  20. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    27,494

    Default Re: Time Theft........or texting at work?

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    I hate most customers, mainly the self entitled pricks that think I owe them my sole
    The sole of your shoe??

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts