Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Change in City water

Default Change in City water

Anyone else has some readings to share. I noticed some minor changes as follows :

Ph went up by about 0.2. It's now between 7.6 and 7.8
    GH is the same as before : 60
    Kh went down a bit to 50. It used to be between 60 and 70

All the rest seems to have unchanged.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Banned

Default Re: Change in City water

Here's the key question: is it still clear?

It will always be clear, since I use purigen to filter it 24/7.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    It will always be clear, since I use purigen to filter it 24/7.

IMHO

I don't care what the PUC claims...the water tasted better before. We had wonderful water and they spoiled it.

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    I don't care what the PUC claims...the water tasted better before. We had wonderful water and they spoiled it.
    Let's hope we can convince them to return to the old system.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

The water here is so bad that my cat won;t even drink it. Water out of a dirty ditch, sure, but our tap water...nope..

In my 46 years of life. I,ve never thought I would miss the smell of my own poop. And I don,t really.
    But I find it really disturbing that my tap water smells so strong/bad(ha ha Strong Bad) that I can,t even smell my own poop anymore.

PS: I think the city should have to reimburse me for the hundreds of dollars I have spent on bottled water since this colossal fack-up started.

our water smells like bleach, we have to boil it or give the pups bottled water, puc said they are getting less complaints thats what they told us when we asked them how long we have to put up with the smell

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    The water here is so bad that my cat won;t even drink it. Water out of a dirty ditch, sure, but our tap water...nope..

In my 46 years of life. I,ve never thought I would miss the smell of my own poop. And I don,t really.
    But I find it really disturbing that my tap water smells so strong/bad(ha ha Strong Bad) that I can,t even smell my own poop anymore.

PS: I think the city should have to reimburse me for the hundreds of dollars I have spent on bottled water since this colossal fack-up started.
    LMAO!! I had to laugh at your "poop" comment!
    Yes I agree with you about the city reimbursing us!

Ours still smells. My husband is noticing it now, so I am not crazy.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

I'm still drinking it from the tap, and never stopped.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

IMHO

They are getting less complaints at PUC land only because people have given up hope anything can be done to improve things. It's funny how Councillor Susan Myers in ward 2 was so concerned about residents having a bonfire...but does she care about what we have as drinking water...nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo. IF you call her she refers you directly to the PUC....I expected more from a councillor.

My skin is driving me crazy! I've got these unknown blotches and dry spots. I've never had that before. It started when they changed the water.

Once again, .... I have beautiful well water selling at half the price of bottled water, ..... but three, get the fourth one free, ....lol
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

The water is absolutely disgusting right now I cant stand the smell the taste IM so disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    Ours still smells. My husband is noticing it now, so I am not crazy.
    Oh no.....You're still crazy. You just have someone to hear the voices with now...lol

I only get a slight chlorine smell in the bathroom now first thing in the morning. People I talk to say it seems to depend where you are in town.
    Quando omni flunkus moritati.

My daughters cat won't drink the water.Has to use a purifier. First 2 week they changed the water she broke out all over She tells me a lot of her friends small animals died like gerables etc.

Now here is mine..I drink bottled water no stinking tap water for me.

IMHO

BUT...WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO BUY BOTTLED WATER? Does the city not have an obligation to fix the problem for us lowly taxpayers? Is there not ONE city councillor brave enough to demand answers?
    Is our Mayor not concerned enough to at least make a statement on the problem? When pets refuse to drink the water they are showing they are smarter than the PUC.
    The problem still exists and I suspect people have stopped calling because they feel its useless.

I agree, water has been tasting like it smells lately. Yuk! Never had a problem before. Our water used to be good, however... We are North- West in town. My older daughter suggested a Brita a while ago. Finally, went and bought one today. Couldn't wait to come home, wash it, fill it and get it in the fridge. Now we'll see. (Of course the box under the tree for the grandchildren to see that Santa loves us enough to bring us a Brita) Ladywolf.

Quote Originally Posted by ibarrel View Post
    I agree, water has been tasting like it smells lately. Yuk! Never had a problem before. Our water used to be good, however... We are North- West in town. My older daughter suggested a Brita a while ago. Finally, went and bought one today. Couldn't wait to come home, wash it, fill it and get it in the fridge. Now we'll see. (Of course the box under the tree for the grandchildren to see that Santa loves us enough to bring us a Brita) Ladywolf.
    She's a smart lady.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information