Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 157

Thread: Parents, guard your daughters....

  1. #61
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I'm not trying to say that being angry is wrong , it's not..but I am a little surprised that nobody is mad that youth (how old? was he? a young teen? pre teen?) had the mentality to abuse someone..where did that come from? why isn't anyone mad that this boy didn't have help if he was being harmed or lived in a horrible situation. This is not to be mistaken for sympathy!!!! Had he had the help his VICTIM would never be one. I care about the victims and want no harm ever to come to them. Something should be done about our stupid system..that is all.
    What good does the anger do?
    Who does that help?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  2. #62
    Senior Member Super Gram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Behind Superior Heights School
    Posts
    17,246

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    No it doesn't and it has been shown not to.
    So the problem is unrelated to their sexuality....
    Handyman, I have often respected your viewpoints for being factual and not emotionally downtrodden. Unfortunately, this is not the case for you on this topic. I suspect it is because you have children, (and grandchildren?) that prevent you from being able to look outside the box.

    I can look outside the box and I will agree with you. Can't remember who or where it was. Think was England where a man pleaded to be castrated because he said he didn't want to hurt any more children. They finally did it and to his disapointment he said it didn't help at all. He still had the same feelings.

  3. #63
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    I can look outside the box and I will agree with you. Can't remember who or where it was. Think was England where a man pleaded to be castrated because he said he didn't want to hurt any more children. They finally did it and to his disapointment he said it didn't help at all. He still had the same feelings.
    So this tells us something about the disorder. It tells us that it is not related to their sexuality, therefore (some have tried to make this association in an attempt to insult me I suspect) It is not anything that is akin to being gay, or bisexual. There are many theories, but it's quite difficult to gather data because willing participants will give you more accurate info... of course, try getting a group of people with these feelings together in one closet.
    People can be molded and shaped into whatever we want them to be... This has been shown to be true throughout history.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  4. #64
    Senior Member Super Gram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Behind Superior Heights School
    Posts
    17,246

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Again... you can't approach every psychological disorder from one perspective. Supergram, that is how your disorder works.... not every disorder works like yours does. People that have phobias get treated and cured all the time. So just because you never experienced it does not mean it does not happen.

    Well you are wrong I didn't say there were no cures for phobias. How many mental institutions have you been in? I have been in 3 and I have seen phobias I said mental illness.

  5. #65
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    Well you are wrong I didn't say there were no cures for phobias. How many mental institutions have you been in? I have been in 3 and I have seen phobias I said mental illness.
    Phobias are mental illnesses...
    What is it you are saying I'm wrong about?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  6. #66
    Senior Member Super Gram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Behind Superior Heights School
    Posts
    17,246

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Phobias are mental illnesses...
    What is it you are saying I'm wrong about?

    Yes you are right doctor. Very right and always right......I am going to bed and not argue with someone who knows everything.

  7. #67
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    Yes you are right doctor. Very right and always right......I am going to bed and not argue with someone who knows everything.
    I never said I was a doctor, I simply asked you " what it is I am saying that is wrong"
    If you can't come up with anything that's fine, but to play the "I'm taking my ball and going home" game it's kinda pathetic.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  8. #68

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    No it doesn't and it has been shown not to.
    So the problem is unrelated to their sexuality....
    Handyman, I have often respected your viewpoints for being factual and not emotionally downtrodden. Unfortunately, this is not the case for you on this topic. I suspect it is because you have children, (and grandchildren?) that prevent you from being able to look outside the box.
    You're right, .... I do have children, who thankfully are old enough to not have to worry about such predators, .... but grand-children may be on the way. If some pedophile ever molested my child or grandchild I would not want them put in jail. That is because if they are in jail I don't have access to them. I would seek them out and make them wish they were never born. I do not care that I may be charge, convicted, and sent to prison myself, ..... justice would be served. A parent will do anything to protect their children, .... there is absolutely no power greater, ....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  9. #69
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    You're right, .... I do have children, who thankfully are old enough to not have to worry about such predators, .... but grand-children may be on the way. If some pedophile ever molested my child or grandchild I would not want them put in jail. That is because if they are in jail I don't have access to them. I would seek them out and make them wish they were never born. I do not care that I may be charge, convicted, and sent to prison myself, ..... justice would be served. A parent will do anything to protect their children, .... there is absolutely no power greater, ....
    I can certainly imagine that you would not care if you where charged or put in jail, I can imagine you wouldn't care if they tortured you either.... How would you feel, however, if doing this created barriers for your grand daughter to heal? She would no longer have her grandpa, and the fact that this person still, beyond his grave had such a detrimental impact on HER life?
    Your desire for revenge is expected, some would say admirable, but when your actions affect other people, they need to be considered carefully. She can heal, and get better without you killing him, or torturing him, or whatever.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  10. #70
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    A parent will do anything to protect their children, .... there is absolutely no power greater, ....
    Of that I have no doubt, but to be blunt, how is killing/torturing/both to them protecting her when it has already occurred? At that point you are no longer protecting her, The time for that would have been beforehand. The only thing you can do is help her overcome the trauma that was caused.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here... for now.
    Posts
    5,421

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Ok, sooo... my question is this. If there is no known cure, fix or deterrent or whatever people want to call it these days, why should these monsters be let out of prison to continually harm others? Why should they be free to roam the streets? Sure, the ones that have been harmed should be trying to move forward for their own sake. But why should they, or anyone else for that matter, have to worry about these predators walking freely?

    You can say that I am 'emotional' and speaking irrationally because of it all you want, DQ. Fact is that has nothing to do with it. I see you continually saying that it's wrong to keep people in jail for life. For some crimes, I completely agree with you because I do believe that some criminals can be swayed into a better lifestyle. It's the criminals that commit these heinous crimes that I believe have no business in the free world.

    If there was a rabid dog roaming around biting people, would we put it down or just let it run around the city?

    (And btw, I know you and I know you're not a monster. I'm not trying to imply anything like that. On this subject we just completely disagree. I on one side of the spectrum, and you on the polar opposite.)

  12. #72

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    DQ says; ....I can certainly imagine that you would not care if you where charged or put in jail, I can imagine you wouldn't care if they tortured you either....

    Handyman says;.... I don't understand where I said I would be tortured?

    DQ says; .... How would you feel, however, if doing this created barriers for your grand daughter to heal?

    Handyman says; .... and feeling that maybe no one cares because this piece of $hit is roaming the street free will make her feel better. Knowing that someone cared and knowing that the predator was wrong will go a long way in the healing. Quite often the victim feels it is something they did to cause the actions of the predator, ... this would affirm the predator was the wrong-doer.

    DQ says; .... She would no longer have her grandpa, and the fact that this person still, beyond his grave had such a detrimental impact on HER life?

    Handyman says; .... She would always have her grandpa, .... you know that. It wouldn't be like I was on Mars or something.

    DQ says; .... Your desire for revenge is expected, some would say admirable, but when your actions affect other people, they need to be considered carefully.

    Handyman says; .... I think more than some would say admirable, ..... perhaps closer to 99.9%. My actions would affect the people they were meant to, you can take that to the bank.

    DQ says; .... She can heal, and get better without you killing him, or torturing him, or whatever.

    Handyman says; .... I never said I would kill him, ... that would be to kind. The one thing that really stands out in your comments is that you are naive enough to think that someone who is assaulted by these predators will actually heal. You have a lot to learn from life Grasshopper, .....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  13. #73

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Of that I have no doubt, but to be blunt, how is killing/torturing/both to them protecting her when it has already occurred? At that point you are no longer protecting her, The time for that would have been beforehand. The only thing you can do is help her overcome the trauma that was caused.
    If she fears it happening again by this perverted predator to herself or a friend of hers, I think my actions go a long way to help her overcome any trauma. It's not about her. it's about protecting everyone from that perverted predator from ever doing it again. There is no justice enacted that could ever match the crime committed, .... my family has discussed this very scenario if it should ever happen, and they fully support the actions, .... no bond is stronger than family.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  14. #74
    Senior Member bluekrissyspikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    around here somewhere
    Posts
    5,634

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    My reasons for being against this is not to protect anyone, because after this crime has occurred, it is to late to protect them It is to help the victims get past what has already happened. If you wanted to go back to any of these threads and look at my factual posts that are not tainted with emotional outbursts, and actually read them in full... not just take bits and pieces and make up some monster out of me, you should understand my thought process on this matter.
    i don't think it's too late to protect the victims that will be hurt when these people are let free. if he could not control his impulse to sexually abuse a child before, what is different now? he had a time out so he's all fixed up? he must have known it was wrong and he could go to jail the first time and still proceeded to do it.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,974

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Fact: death prevents future abuse. Let's just kill the victims.

  16. #76
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,800

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski View Post
    Why dont jail guards look the other way, or make it easier for other inmates to take care of business ?
    They do TBL. You just don't hear about it that much.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  17. #77
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    What good does the anger do?
    Who does that help?
    Are you being serious?
    Anger actually has positivity if used in a healthy manner. Anger is an emotion and it is OKAY to feel emotion or to vent it. A lot of anger drives people to create and fight for their rights etc..Anger is useful. Are there negatives to anger? If people so choose.

    That being said, my posts are AGREEING with yours if only wording them differently to meet people half way. why pick on ONE sentence? Give me a break and pick your battles better!
    Last edited by Larimar; 12-30-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

  18. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,974

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    You would think someone who knows as much as he thinks he does would know that anger is a normal human response and that it does serve a purpose.

  19. #79
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    Quote Originally Posted by Official Cat of Soonet View Post
    You would think someone who knows as much as he thinks he does would know that anger is a normal human response and that it does serve a purpose.
    Indeed it does serve a purpose. I am more than sure most "rights" groups started because someone was fed up and angry.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

  20. #80
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

    nobody has won any argument or made a point in a discussion by telling people how they ought to feel. That is not their say. But my post neither said I was trying to say anger was wrong or right in this discussion. Only to point out it is not my issue of discussion. Why DQ pulled out a sentence I was saying I WASN'T discussing is beyond me. Maybe he is bored.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.-Kahlil Gibran

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts