Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents, guard your daughters....

sitting in a rocking chair in the good ole Soo

Default Re: Parents, guard your daughters....

I don't think anybody who knows this family is too terribly surprised about this kid.

There is a big problem in Canada with sex offenders being released into the community with no notification of those living in the area. I would like to especially know if nearby facilities that handle children's programs are notified......if they are not, I think the justice system should be held criminally responsible if an offender victimizes one of the kids because the staff were not aware to be ultra vigilant. And, yes, I do know that they should ALWAYS be vigilant but when there is a known pedophile living nearby without their knowledge, it sure would make their job easier to know who to watch for. Keeping an eye on kids is a hard enough job without having to be super-vigilant in observing every single adult.
    For the beauty of the earth,
    For the beauty of the skies...

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    David Millgard's too.
    There was supposedly one man never made a mistake and they hung Him on a cross. As stated prior, in cases where there is no doubt, when people can verify you did as said, then eliminate the problem.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Karen-Annie View Post
    I don't think anybody who knows this family is too terribly surprised about this kid.

There is a big problem in Canada with sex offenders being released into the community with no notification of those living in the area. I would like to especially know if nearby facilities that handle children's programs are notified......if they are not, I think the justice system should be held criminally responsible if an offender victimizes one of the kids because the staff were not aware to be ultra vigilant. And, yes, I do know that they should ALWAYS be vigilant but when there is a known pedophile living nearby without their knowledge, it sure would make their job easier to know who to watch for. Keeping an eye on kids is a hard enough job without having to be super-vigilant in observing every single adult.

The Freedom of Information Act protects all criminals. No organization is permitted to be told by the police who is where and what they did. Pretty sure they cannot even call CAS to tell them. (Unless there is an existing order with the individual and CAS.)

How is that Canada doing something right? as stated earlier. Our American Neighbours have the right of it. You can go to a registered sex offender web site and all you have to do is type in the address you are asking about and every sex offender in that radius will not only have his address tagged but his photo and the list of his convictions will come up aswell.

that is what should be done to protect all our children.
    Cat Slave 101, The opinions I express, are my own and are not in any way affiliated with any Volunteer Position, or Employed Position I hold. Please, spay an neuter your pets, and help with population control.

Senior Member Nihilistic Heathen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by totallywicked View Post
    The Freedom of Information Act protects all criminals. No organization is permitted to be told by the police who is where and what they did. Pretty sure they cannot even call CAS to tell them. (Unless there is an existing order with the individual and CAS.)

How is that Canada doing something right? as stated earlier. Our American Neighbours have the right of it. You can go to a registered sex offender web site and all you have to do is type in the address you are asking about and every sex offender in that radius will not only have his address tagged but his photo and the list of his convictions will come up aswell.

Like this?

www.crimereports.com/

that will link to Thunder Bay but if you type in Sault Ste. Marie it will list all the sex offenders in Sault MI.
    One can be a true believer in anything: psychic ability, Christianity or, as Bertrand Russell classically suggested (with irony), in the fact there is a teapot orbiting the earth. I could believe any of those things with total conviction. But my conviction doesn't make them true. Indeed, it is something of an insult to the very truth I might hold dear to say that something is true just because I believe it is. ~Derren Brown

According to that map the Canadian Sault is pristine while Sault Mich. is lousy with pervs. I gotta think their list is some how incomplete.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    According to that map the Canadian Sault is pristine while Sault Mich. is lousy with pervs. I gotta think their list is some how incomplete.
    Seeing as it measures only U.S. stats, I woulds say, yes, it's incomplete.

Maybe he should go and live with his father, Karl Crack....oh that's right he's in jail too.

Quote Originally Posted by totallywicked View Post

Most people that want this info have no interest in using it to "protect their children"
    Most people want it so they can feel tough about threatening them, or actually beating them up. Most people want this info for violent reasons, and you know it.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Most people that want this info have no interest in using it to "protect their children"
    Most people want it so they can feel tough about threatening them, or actually beating them up. Most people want this info for violent reasons, and you know it.
    ... and you know this is fact because, .......
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

DQ, you just don't get it do you? Do you have a little sister or a cute little cousin? If you, or one of your family members, friends, or one of your friend's family members were raped or sexually molested in some way and after the criminal does his time and gets out of jail, don't you think you and your family/friends would like to know if he was living just around the corner? Some day your sexually, mentally damaged little sister or cousin (if you have one) might be again innocently walking down the street he lives on... IS that ok with you? Wouldn't that kind of disturb you? Just even a little bit? C'mon, just think about it.

It really bothers me that you are so completely for child molester's rights. I know that you don't have children (as a lot of us on here do) so you can't really see things through our eyes. But.. you are still a human being. How can you stand up for these low-life, scum bags? They damage kids for LIFE. How can you sit there and stand up for them? It's just so completely odd to me. I can't figure out if you're actually serious about it or just trying to get a rise out of the crowds. I kind of hope it's the latter of the two because if it's not..... wtf DQ? WTF.
    Last edited by mboy67; 12-31-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Language

To be fair, DQ said nothing about being pro-molester. He said people would use the information to attack violently. That said, he also believes people can be rehabilitated; is that not why they are put in prison in the first place? In hopes they learn from their time there, and can be released to society in hopes they do not commit a crime again? If not, then we seriously need to take a look at the penal system.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Maybe he should go and live with his father, Karl Crack....oh that's right he's in jail too.
    I don't suppose anybody sees a connection??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    To be fair, DQ said nothing about being pro-molester. He said people would use the information to attack violently. That said, he also believes people can be rehabilitated; is that not why they are put in prison in the first place? In hopes they learn from their time there, and can be released to society in hopes they do not commit a crime again? If not, then we seriously need to take a look at the penal system.
    Right on lynys, on all counts.

Ugh! That is not what I meant. I meant that he is always sticking up for their "rights" when it should be the victims getting the support. How many child molesters are stuck in jail, let out and re-offend? It's my belief that it's an illness that will not be cured by being stuck in jail, it's not an illness that will be cured with medication. Giving them a slap on the wrist (which is what happens in far too many cases) does nothing for anyone but waste time and money. The victims suffer for the rest of their life while these douchebags are let free to do as they please.... including re-offending in many, many cases.

What about that child that was molested on Christmas day. How is she going to get through the holidays year after year for the rest of her life? It's situations like this that, often, drive people to suicide and other sad situations. Guess what?? THEY are the victim. THEY are the ones that suffer. THEY are the ones who's entire life becomes affected and consumed with horrible memories.

He took away that child's right to a healthy and happy childhood (and possibly adulthood as well). Why the hell should he have the right to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect? Screw that!

On another note, I believe that other criminals may learn from their time in jail. People that commit crimes such as theft, assault etc. Some of those criminals could possibly reflect on their idiotic behaviour and change their ways. I don't believe that every criminal ever should be locked up for life. But murderers, child molesters and criminals that do NOT learn their lesson time after time... I feel a tad bit differently about them.
    Last edited by BrAt; 12-29-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrAt View Post
    Ugh! That is not what I meant. I meant that he is always sticking up for their "rights" when it should be the victims getting the support. How many child molesters are stuck in jail, let out and re-offend? It's my belief that it's an illness that will not be cured by being stuck in jail, it's not an illness that will be cured with medication. Giving them a slap on the wrist (which is what happens in far too many cases) does nothing for anyone but waste time and money. The victims suffer for the rest of their life while these douchebags are let free to do as they please.... including re-offending in many, many cases.

What about that child that was molested on Christmas day. How is she going to get through the holidays year after year for the rest of her life? It's situations like this that, often, drive people to suicide and other sad situations. Guess what?? THEY are the victim. THEY are the ones that suffer. THEY are the ones who's entire life becomes affected and consumed with horrible memories.

He took away that child's right to a healthy and happy childhood (and possibly adulthood as well). Why the hell should he have the right to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect? Screw that!
    I have every sympathy for the victim. And the consequences for harming any child in any way should be severe.

But perhaps DQ's concern is partly the same as mine. Have you noticed that, in our politically correct society, this particular mental aberation is the only one for which people believe there is no cure. Not only that, it is politically incorrect to even discuss a cure.

Well, sometimes there is no place for political correctness and I am pretty sure that if my child was the one that was hurt... I would be even less politically correct than I'm already not! lol

But perhaps DQ's concern is partly the same as mine. Have you noticed that, in our politically correct society, this particular mental aberation is the only one for which people believe there is no cure. Not only that, it is politically incorrect to even discuss a cure.
    Incarceration isn't a cure, it's a penalty. Just because he has served his time, in no way means he is cured. Is there evidence he has successfully completed any type of medical treatment. We can roll the dice with therapy, but a good old castration sure goes a long way to help the problem, ..... just sayin', ....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Father or uncle?

I have every sympathy for the victim. And the consequences for harming any child in any way should be severe.

I don't believe that there are too many mental aberrations that are curable. How the brain works is the most unknown territory of the human body. Medication and anger management can help, but doesn't CURE a person who has violent tendancies, (especially if they are sociopathic) medication can help, but doesn't CURE people who suffer from depression, medication can help but doesn't CURE those who suffer from schizophrenia, and there are some medications that help but doesn't CURE other mental aberrations... BUT, what medication have they invented that will help a child molester in the LEAST? If they don't come up with a medication that totally takes away the craving to molest a child, and as long as the criminal will stay on it for life, I cannot imagine that sitting in a room talking with a therapist or even a hundred thousand therapists will ever "CURE" them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information