Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Vitamin sensitivity

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Vitamin sensitivity

    I have a problem taking vitamins in pill form. This has been a new development in the past couple of years. Drives my stomach nuts. Even if I take the vitamin with a meal. Not even my pharmacist has heard of anyone with this problem.

    Are their alternatives? I catch colds too frequently, and need to beef up my vitamin intake, I think.

    Advice, anyone?
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Thanks. Dunnit. Can't find much.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    A diet with the appropriate fruits and vegetables that contain the vitamins you are looking for should be enough. Over-balancing your body with any one type of vitamin is not good.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,535

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    http://www.livestrong.com/article/46...itive-stomach/

    Surprisingly enough this is very common. I would suggest making sure you eat before you take them or if you have GERD (acid reflux) it will make it worse.
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    You've tried taking them in liquid form?
    Yeah. I need to find a place that sells Multivitamins in gelcap form. Our drug store doesn't.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA View Post
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/46...itive-stomach/

    Surprisingly enough this is very common. I would suggest making sure you eat before you take them or if you have GERD (acid reflux) it will make it worse.
    I think I may have to cut back on coffee. I drink about 6 cups a day.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  7. #7
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    I have a problem taking vitamins in pill form. This has been a new development in the past couple of years. Drives my stomach nuts. Even if I take the vitamin with a meal. Not even my pharmacist has heard of anyone with this problem.

    Are their alternatives? I catch colds too frequently, and need to beef up my vitamin intake, I think.

    Advice, anyone?
    I would go with what Handyman said, instead of the supplements, have the actual food. I don't think I have ever seen multi vitamins in gel cap form, but I'll let you know if I see any.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    You might want to look into using wild oil of oregano to address the cold issue. My youngest daughter is the third generation of oregano oil users in our family and was always prone to catching colds. She finally took my advice and started to use the oregano about the time she stared college a few years ago and has yet to come down with a serious cold in that time.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    I would go with what Handyman said, instead of the supplements, have the actual food. I don't think I have ever seen multi vitamins in gel cap form, but I'll let you know if I see any.
    I already eat lots of rabbit food. I have a Vita Mix machine, and make soup every day for lunch from raw veggies.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie
    Posts
    364

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    I've never seen vitamin gel caps, but you can get gummies.

  11. #11
    Senior Member skibunnie64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    7,405

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    try chewable vitamins
    If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater, suggest that he wear a tail.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Larimar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,824

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    There's a natural Path in town that can help put you on the certain foods you need to get the vitamins and will find out what your body can't handle. They do give vitamin shots there and vitamin in pill form, but if you explain your situation they will probably help you go on a certain diet to get what you need. Nothing beats having the real food- it's good to make sure you have a lot of colours in your food too.
    Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.”-Kahlil Gibran

  13. #13
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    You might want to look into using wild oil of oregano to address the cold issue. My youngest daughter is the third generation of oregano oil users in our family and was always prone to catching colds. She finally took my advice and started to use the oregano about the time she stared college a few years ago and has yet to come down with a serious cold in that time.
    Thanks Hobo, I will look into that.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Xzavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NeverNeverLand
    Posts
    11,280

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Is it possible to take TOO many vitamins?
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•. ¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,535

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    LOL!!!
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

  16. #16
    Senior Member Tutones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    3rd Braincell to the right.
    Posts
    5,889

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    Yes, but in most cases your body excretes what it can't absorb, but too much of a single type of vitamin, beyond what your body can effectively absorb and excrete can lead to toxicity.
    Only water soluble vitamins B & C are 'excreted' beyond needed levels and can't be overdosed. A, D, E, & K are fat soluble vitamins and build up in the fatty tissues of the body. Too much of these over time will lead to toxicity.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,800

    Default Re: Vitamin sensitivity

    Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    Indeed!!! you should switch to wine
    Absolutely!!!
    1 Tim 5:23
    23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
    (KJV)
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts