Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doggy Wheel Chair

Default Doggy Wheel Chair

Does anyone know where I can buy or rent a doggy wheel chair here in the Soo??? I can't call my vet becuase they are not open on the weekend. Thank you!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,It's learning to dance in the rain.

Default Re: Doggy Wheel Chair

Aww, puppy still not very mobile? Hugs for Gingerellapants! And of course you and the old man.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

She is still not walking that much. I was reading about wheel chairs for dogs and how they help take pressure off of them.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,It's learning to dance in the rain.

My vet has a dog named Gyp thats paralized and has a W/C. You may get some info from him if you were to inquire. Give Northland a call and leave a msg. for Dr. craig. Hope your pup feels better.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. *Dr Seuss*

When we wanted one, we searched online. I wasn't aware of anything local but if there is Dr. Craig will certainly know of it.
    When our big guy was needing help, we ended up using a large towel to support his midsection to take the weight off of his hind legs. He was 120 lbs and it took 2 of us.
    When looking for the wheel chair, keep in mind what goes up against your dogs skin. There are so many on the market and some put pressure on their back, so shop carefully if it comes to that.

Hope your dog gets better.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Thank you for the replies!! Ginger is doing so much better now and she is walking fine.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information